The Late Night Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:D I love this time of the year. I abandon working out, enjoy big meals cooked for me, along with free candy, and an assorted variety of desserts :cool:

Oh I love it, my waist line hates it and it never seems to recover in time for Spring Break.

Dang, it's already 3AM, I'm gonna hit the hay, labs until 7PM tomorrow :(

Dang. Well good night mate. I just gotta finish up this pre-lab and I can hit the hay so I can get up for my 8AM lab.

Members don't see this ad.

Studying BIOCHEM :(!

Also, what happened to the section of the forums that was w/e topics you wanted? e.g. not medical related?
I think you're talking about The Lounge?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah i am, also anyone up tonight for an all nighter? weeeee

Nope. Just being an insomniac and catching up on some notes for my exam for my Plant and Animal Form and Function exam on Tuesday.

Nope. Just being an insomniac and catching up on some notes for my exam for my Plant and Animal Form and Function exam on Tuesday.

I need to start studying in advance... I save it for the night before/morning of and it kills my body. But i keep getting really good grades (95-100) and the material stays in my head. Its a bad habit and is getting positive reinforcement from my success. But I WANT to change and plan ahead and study ahead. Any tips on how do accomplish that?

when does it stop being late night and start being morning?
/ when do i give up trying to sleep and just go get a coffee?

I hate this time of the semester; I feel a little too lazy to study or do anything, especially with the holidays coming up.

who the hell studies on a friday? freaking weirdo

late night at work for me... need to be up at like 6 am tomorrow for a funeral.

is this like a relative thread or subjective thread? i'm usually asleep before 10 and up hella early...

who the hell studies on a friday? freaking weirdo

Someone who has three tests next week and is sitting here with 3 open textbooks while having to get up early tomorrow to volunteer all day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not technically late night yet but I have to share this "night" story with someone:

So I was taking a trip to the theater to get a break from studying, and, not being from the area, I got crazy lost. As I was driving down the dark, narrow road, an idiot, drunk, redneck in a big pick up truck gets out of his car and starts yelling "turn your lights on blah blah blah...!!!!" When my lights were clearly on.

What would a normal person do in this situation (a guy gets out of his car, screaming, with no one else around)?
Probably get out and yell back, maybe throw a couple punches.

What did I do?

I got out of the car, didn't say a word, and gave him the biggest smile ever. I just stared at him with a huge smile. He slowly went back into his car and drove off.

Moral of the story: Anger doesn't need more anger; confront as*holes like this with confidence and a very positive state of mind.

...Don't get me wrong, I still want to knock that idiots teeth into his skull, but hey, it worked.

Can't wait until turkey time!

Until then.... writing a speech :(

Working a string of night shifts at the ER during thanksgiving break. I had no idea they gave out free thanksgiving day food at 1am for the night crew last night!

Here I am, doing my topics in organic chemistry mechanism writing class. joy.

Here I am watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and working on update emails to send to school tomorrow.

oooh! nice! good luck! :luck::xf::luck:

Thanks! I'll need it. Apparently this cycle sucks for Californians (more than usual) this year.
I guess growing up in the the golden state isn't always so great...but it is most of the time haha.

Studying for orgo - exam in T minus 8 hours and counting.

Anyone have tips on NMR? I hate figuring out splitting, especially when it has to be done to scale.

Lol... I can't sleep! Thus... I'm looking up weird things that Siri says.
care to share?

I WANT TO SLEEP!
Studying for orgo - exam in T minus 8 hours and counting.

Anyone have tips on NMR? I hate figuring out splitting, especially when it has to be done to scale.
good luck :D tips...know your ranges of the groups and what effect they have on other groups (shielding, downfielding, etc.) splitting... you just count right?

It's been over a month for this thread! Looks like everyone got some good sleep during their winter break. Anyways, school's back on, and I can't get over my awesome winter break-- meaning I can't pick up a single textbook. Let's hope I can get back to my normal neurotic self in the next couple weeks.

I WISH.... MCAT in 12 days... SLEEEEEP?! sorry no can DO

Anyone else awake and suffering? Biochem exam tomorrow... kinda sucks. :(

P&A test Friday!

I'm already accepted tho :love:

Same... but how do you stop the compulsion to keep working?? :scared:

Tbh, I'm glad to finally have some exertion demanded of me this semester. It's been a slow start.

Same... but how do you stop the compulsion to keep working?? :scared:

Tbh, I'm glad to finally have some exertion demanded of me this semester. It's been a slow start.

Same, I'm still in acceptance mode lol.

That obsessive-compulsive nature is what's going to make us great doctors.

Just came back from practice. Exhausted. Got a Chemistry test tomorrow. Gonna study a bit now, and then hit the sack. What'u guys up to?

Just finished studying for Modern Analytical Techniques. Now I'm going to hit the sack and enjoy my four hours of sleep!

No classes this Friday or Monday = sleeping like there's no tomorrow this weekend.

just plain bored. tired but not sleeping, idk why.

Enjoy the sleep AM90!

Ehhh, bad week for me. Had 3 tests this week, 4th test at friday which is Orgo 2. Got my first test from Neurobio and got a freakin' 88 :/ (uni has +/- system, makes it worse).
Wasn't really accustomed to all short answer response questions (left some details out since I didn't know how specific to be), which was the same for the Molecular cell bio test (same prof) I took which I am anticipating a lower grade.
To top it all off, our orgo lab had to redo our experiment 3 times to get the desired result.
Man, this week is a mess. I do admit though I did not study strong enough for the tests I took, but hopefully I can pull off another 4.0 semester by getting my grades back on track.
Just a late night thought.

No one has bumped late night in a long time! Thank goodness this is the last big oomph before spring break, or I'd be in a much less happy place right now.

No one has bumped late night in a long time! Thank goodness this is the last big oomph before spring break, or I'd be in a much less happy place right now.

Yeah, I was thinking about sleeping, but I decided just to stay awake until I'm supposed to wake up at 8AM. :D

Was gonna get a few hours of sleep before my 10am test, but just found out that my prof posted a lecture today (well, technically yesterday) that he presented over 2 weeks ago. No one recalled that it existed, and he didn't email us letting us know.

Sigh. It's gonna be a loooong night.

Yeah, I was thinking about sleeping, but I decided just to stay awake until I'm supposed to wake up at 8AM. :D

I am determined to do get to sleep for at least a little while. Since this is the third big night this week, I can't stand not sleeping for much longer. Tomorrow night is the promised land. I'm kind of at that giddy point though... so who knows what will happen with a few more thin mints.

Was gonna get a few hours of sleep before my 10am test, but just found out that my prof posted a lecture today (well, technically yesterday) that he presented over 2 weeks ago. No one recalled that it existed, and he didn't email us letting us know.

Sigh. It's gonna be a loooong night.

Gotta love those last minute powerpoint slides! :D

My sick body hates me right now :(

I feel your pain, I'm still getting over a case of something myself. :( However, by feeding myself copious sugar and caffeine (i.e. everything you aren't supposed to eat when sick) I've been able to distract myself from those things.

I feel your pain, I'm still getting over a case of something myself. :( However, by feeding myself copious sugar and caffeine (i.e. everything you aren't supposed to eat when sick) I've been able to distract myself from those things.

My diet is kind of preventing that :(. Although, it kind of went to hell today (as it rightly should under stress). I deserve it, right? :shrug:

Last edited:
My diet is kind of preventing that :(. Although, it kind of went to hell today (as it rightly should under stress). I deserve it, right? :shrugs:

I fully believe that the days I eat salad for dinner (I do enjoy salad, just not as much as some other foods...) exist so that other days I can eat junk.

I hope you feel better and kick that test's posterior anatomy tomorrow! :luck:

What are some good late night snacks?