The Late Night Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MB333999

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread was made for those of you bored in the wee hours of the A.M.
Please only post in this thread between the hours of 12:00 AM and 8:00 AM (in your respective area obviously).

Why are you awake?!? and what are you doing???

as for me I usually dont get to bed till around 3 anyway, but i seem to not be tired tonight so I drove down to the social science building to do some reading till around 4.

SLEEP IS A WASTE OF TIME! Evolution needs to scrap it.

Members don't see this ad.

what am i doing? currently 1:06 AM. i'm working on my car.....cleaning out the nasty blow-by crap in the throttle body, intake manifolds, and intercooler....lots of work...... was going back online to make sure i had proper torque specs

that reminds me, I need an oil change...

edit: what do u drive?

Members don't see this ad :)
I usually dont go to sleep till 4 am ;(. So during this time i browse, read, do homework, chat w/ friends, waste time on the facebook, watch movies, and then at the morning falling asleep at work...

Edit: and i dont know anything about cars so i cant do what u guys do

Had my orgo final today, next final is friday (Physics). so i'm taking a night off, just watching some movies that I rented.

what am i doing? currently 1:06 AM. i'm working on my car.....cleaning out the nasty blow-by crap in the throttle body, intake manifolds, and intercooler....lots of work...... was going back online to make sure i had proper torque specs

Hmmmm.... I'm quite curious as to what you drive ;) Times like this when I miss my baby (the car I put all of my effort into and then traded it in for a more $ car... stupid by the way).

Oh, and what am I doing? I'm doing work schedules and budgets for work. I'm done with this semester (final grades posted today yay) and am kind of bored now. I usually stay up pretty late.

lol yaaa that sounds a lot like me. I'm trying to pick up reading novels, cuz i really havent read anything besides text books. Theres this author called Kurt Vonnegut, hes got this book of short stories called the Birdie or something..i forget now.. but yea they are really good, im actually ENJOYING them.

Hmmmm.... I'm quite curious as to what you drive ;) Times like this when I miss my baby (the car I put all of my effort into and then traded it in for a more $ car... stupid by the way).

not a C6 like you have pictures in your avatar....but something just a bit quicker than the LS2 C6....probably about even with a stock manual LS3 C6 (i'm modded). If you'd like, I can PM you info....i really dont wanna post it on the forum so i can remain anonymous

Been there buddy. Nice vette avatar. Just sold my 2000 WS6 to help pay for this application cycle. :(

LS1 eh? great motors...you keep it stock? those LS cars sound great with full exhaust, particularly the LTs :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
custom cam, p/p heads, headers no cats and an intake. 437 to the tires. Oh, how I miss her

sorry to hear that. i understand the feeling...

i'm guessing with all that, you had a larger p/p or CNC'd tb as well? stock rear end? and what kind of dyno? jet? mustang? dynamics?...etc

dynojet (american racing technology buda tx) I was running the stock 10 bolt the whole time with just a girdle, kinda gutsy i know! was the FAST 90/90 set up so ya pretty big TB. i actually bought the heads on ebay for 800 bucks, best deal ever!!! Flow 310cfm, not bad :)

Absolutely, please pm me. By the way, the C6 was a waste of dough. My baby was a 2004 cobra with a F1-A procharger, cog set up. It was running at about 18psi. It was a pain in the behind because it was a total custom set up that included NONE of the crap I actually needed, but I'm sure you know that story. I was lucky and my best guy friend helped me out with some of the problem solving. While it was having most of its issues (had a problem with one of the elbows of the tubing + it should have been larger, but they included a smaller size to fit under the stock hood) it was 552rwhp. Would have definitely done more had I not gone with the conservative tune. I was so close to figuring out some of the issues, but instead traded it in... whyyyyyyy? Also, I've had some people not believe me (I am pretty sure it's the blonde hair and super girly appearance), so there are definitely pictures ;) I've had several cars over the last year and this was my favorite. I know the most about mustangs (had almost every kind) and probably knew the least about the STi I had. I'm a total newb when it comes to anything foreign, I can admit that. Ahhh... I feel better lol. I haven't run into anyone that into cars since I've been moving around like crazy. :( Do you drag race, autocross, or anything (depending on ur car)? I did more drag racing at the local track than anything. This is also where I've broken my car a lot.... the worst was only busting a diff cover, but it sucked! I had to stay late not to mention... it was pretty embarrassing. IRS sucks for going in a straight line! And I've only autocrossed a few times, but it's pretty fun!

Been there buddy. Nice vette avatar. Just sold my 2000 WS6 to help pay for this application cycle. :(

Awwwww :( I've always wanted a WS6, but never bought one. I'm looking for an older car to mess around with now... thinking a 93 cobra (except they are still pretty pricey for what I want to do). I just wanna strip it and do another F1-A procharger setup. It was not meant for my terminator, but it'll work out better on a crate motor :) I will never mod a car with a hefty payment again lol... my bad... live and learn.

Think you'll get another one?

Absolutely, please pm me. By the way, the C6 was a waste of dough. My baby was a 2004 cobra with a F1-A procharger, cog set up. It was running at about 18psi. It was a pain in the behind because it was a total custom set up that included NONE of the crap I actually needed, but I'm sure you know that story. I was lucky and my best guy friend helped me out with some of the problem solving. While it was having most of its issues (had a problem with one of the elbows of the tubing + it should have been larger, but they included a smaller size to fit under the stock hood) it was 552rwhp. Would have definitely done more had I not gone with the conservative tune. I was so close to figuring out some of the issues, but instead traded it in... whyyyyyyy? Also, I've had some people not believe me (I am pretty sure it's the blonde hair and super girly appearance), so there are definitely pictures ;) I've had several cars over the last year and this was my favorite. I know the most about mustangs (had almost every kind) and probably knew the least about the STi I had. I'm a total newb when it comes to anything foreign, I can admit that. Ahhh... I feel better lol. I haven't run into anyone that into cars since I've been moving around like crazy. :( Do you drag race, autocross, or anything (depending on ur car)? I did more drag racing at the local track than anything. This is also where I've broken my car a lot.... the worst was only busting a diff cover, but it sucked! I had to stay late not to mention... it was pretty embarrassing. IRS sucks for going in a straight line! And I've only autocrossed a few times, but it's pretty fun!

sweet. we'll talk. i'll PM you in a sec. gotta run out to the garage really quick lol. i'm getting my keyboard and mouse all black from my dirty hands lol

Awwwww :( I've always wanted a WS6, but never bought one. I'm looking for an older car to mess around with now... thinking a 93 cobra (except they are still pretty pricey for what I want to do). I just wanna strip it and do another F1-A procharger setup. It was not meant for my terminator, but it'll work out better on a crate motor :) I will never mod a car with a hefty payment again lol... my bad... live and learn.

One day, when I'm making that doctor cash:D I want a vette newer z06. I won't ever do a head cam package again. Going straight to the boost!

Alright its nearly 4 and I should be heading home. Good night to all, c u in 24 hours.

ChloeCSU, that must have been one kick*ss mustang! Although 18psi on an LS1 would punch about 700hp just saying

True.. but I didn't have to beef up my motor :p Gotta love termies... ;) However, it was sold to an idiot (okay I think it went through 4 owners after me and none of those GUYS could figure it out), and either they blew it up or wrecked it. Everyone from where I am from knows that car and knows it was mine and I haven't gotten my usual email either from a new owner or an update of where it is. Don't you hate when you get rid of a car, and regret it, that people keep shoving its whereabouts in your face? Yes... still bitter.

dynojet (american racing technology buda tx) I was running the stock 10 bolt the whole time with just a girdle, kinda gutsy i know! was the FAST 90/90 set up so ya pretty big TB. i actually bought the heads on ebay for 800 bucks, best deal ever!!! Flow 310cfm, not bad :)

sweet. i know that TB setup. jealous of your price on heads. thats sweet! :thumbup:

my buddy's got the yellow anniversary edition WS6....such a beautiful car. unfortunately, all it has is SLP exhaust (catback)....no longtubes :(

terminators are great. i've considered one.

ChloeCSU, that must have been one kick*ss mustang! Although 18psi on an LS1 would punch about 700hp just saying

is 18psi on an LS1 even possible on the stock bottom end? sounds insane lol. i would imagine getting 700 whp or 18psi on an LS1 would take some nice motor work and $$$

One day, when I'm making that doctor cash:D I want a vette newer z06. I won't ever do a head cam package again. Going straight to the boost!

...or just a ZR-1?

I don't care if I'm ever rich if I'm a doc.... I also don't want children.... I just want lots of cars <333333333333 :love::love:

ChloeCSU made a good point. you definitely aren't going to get 700hp on the stock bottom end lol. That is true about the terminators, just swap out some pulleys and you are doing serious damage. Over 500 on a stock Ls1is probably pushing it.

sweet. i know that TB setup. jealous of your price on heads. thats sweet! :thumbup:

my buddy's got the yellow anniversary edition WS6....such a beautiful car. unfortunately, all it has is SLP exhaust (catback)....no longtubes :(

terminators are great. i've considered one.

is 18psi on an LS1 even possible on the stock bottom end? sounds insane lol. i would imagine getting 700 whp or 18psi on an LS1 would take some nice motor work and $$$

I wouldn't do 18psi on a stock LS1 :( bad news! It would take a lot of nice motor work. My stepdad's best friend owns a shop in the town I'm from. He does a lot of rich people's cars, primarily vettes :) and it definitely costs a pretty penny.

Terminators are great... especially for all the mods they can support, not to mention they aren't too expensive.

At first, I just did a smaller pulley 2.81" plus a Diablo tune and ran mid to high 12s (6000ft elevation so what's that.. a 1.2 second difference I think..can't remember). I should have actually had it dynotuned but hey, it was a couple hours the way I did it. The lovely person that had the car before me had a smaller pulley on it, but jammed it on with a hammer or something. I was picking small bits out for quite a while before I could put the new pulley on.

Last edited:
is there a car-lover/car-addiction/car-enthusiast thread on SDN? because if not, there should be one....this thread is not going anywhere in the direction of "the late night" theme lol

is there a car-lover/car-addiction/car-enthusiast thread on SDN? because if not, there should be one....this thread is not going anywhere in the direction of "the late night" theme lol

So true... but this thread is my favorite that I've ever encountered on here :love:

ok. i'm going to make a new thread then devoted to car enthusiasts...etc

I would definitely say car addiction.... It's bad, once you start, you just can't stop. Mine started out with a mustang gt.. basic v-8 and ended up forcing me to take out a $55,000 loan for a faster one several years later. LoL

Yeah, I wish I would have just stuck with the cobra instead of buying the vette, but oh well. I only put about $16,000 of parts into the cobra and very little into the vette. Originally this past spring semester, I quit my job and sold most of my "fun" cars so I could just focus on school. Well that lasted one semester, and I'm back at my full time job (but for a different company) and want to buy another fun car. My daily is a RX-8 (rotary was way new to me), but I think I want to buy a termie or a 93 cobra. I saved half so that I wouldn't take out much of a loan, but now I think it's just committing to blowing that much money again lol. If I buy now, I could have it ready for when the tracks open in spring yay :)

I would definitely say car addiction.... It's bad, once you start, you just can't stop. Mine started out with a mustang gt.. basic v-8 and ended up forcing me to take out a $55,000 loan for a faster one several years later. LoL

I always wonder where ppl drive on fast cars??? We do not have autobahns as germans do...

I always wonder where ppl drive on fast cars??? We do not have autobahns as germans do...

I mostly just drag race. Where I'm from, there were two main tracks you could go to. I autocross sometimes, but the ones I've done are slow (not a large road course.. think cones).

I always drove my cobra to the tracks too (an hour and a half each way).... even though I got pulled over almost every time. If you youtube a cobra with a f1-a procharger, you'd see why. I am moving around a lot now so I have no freaking clue where to go now... :(

drag strips, auto cross circuits....there are places to legally drive cars quickly

I actually really like crazy car racing stories.... anybody wants to share?