The Late Night Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haven't even started undergrad and I'm already posting. Mostly out of boredom, but still.

Dude that's like moving straight from College Confidential to SDN. That's pretty intense

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure. I think it's more of a fuzzy grey blurry bit rather than a real line of demarcation.

when does late night become early morning?

Around 4:00-5:00, usually when the birds start yelling and the sun is rising at some oddly noticeably faster rate and then you start telling yourself "Meh, why bother sleeping at this point it's not like it's going to help".

:laugh:

Working all these night shifts has certainly increased my SDN consumption

Members don't see this ad :)
I like potatoes and had a Irish roommate for an entire year. Does that account for much? :p In all seriousness, I hate how active I am on SDN. Hopefully it will die down when fall comes around.

I like potatoes and had a Irish roommate for an entire year. Does that account for much? :p In all seriousness, I hate how active I am on SDN. Hopefully it will die down when fall comes around.

yeah i hope so too. once im back on campus ill have a lot more to do with my free time and hopefully be distracted every now and then. im not usually this neurotic i swear.

It's 1AM and I'm going to bed "early."

Y'all have fun.

4am here. I am not sure if I should go to sleep or wait a while and just up myself with caffeine instead.

1:24 pst. I probably will knock out in 2-3 hours. On a side note, I hate fraternity meetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone else here been up until dawn because of that pesky word: diversity?!

Hi, everyone!

I just finished my second week of med school, here with my update. I know no one says much about taking Anatomy before med school and it certainly isn't a required pre-req but, holy cow, I wish I had taken an undergrad class in Anatomy. It isn't a matter of just naming the part, there is a ton to remember. For example, it isn't enough to know it is the triceps muscle, you have to know origin, insertion, innervation, and function. The people in my class that had some experience before with Anatomy seem to be struggling much less. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to memorize all this stuff. And all the classes combined add up to a fierce amount of material. There don't seem to be enough hours in the day.

Still, I am very blessed to be here and love learning all these new things. So far, we have had two quizzes and I haven't failed anything yet. First big exam on histo and embryo this Monday!

Yeah so I'm an insomniac, so I have strange sleeping pattern (it's actually more of a scramble).

Ugh...I might need a gatorade morning tomorrow...so not looking forward to 8am class. Should feel especially "awesome" in an hour or so...

But whatever I guess, good times are like this....yes

Dear late night thread,
I hate having to go all the way to page 4 to find you!