General Admissions & OTCAS Texas MOT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got another Holiday card from UTHSCSA lol ... no interview yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email from TWU, my heart was pounding so fast but then it was just an Open House invite. :boom:Can they not?!?
Has anyone tried calling to get an update on the timeline?

Reactions: 1 user
Got an email from TWU, my heart was pounding so fast but then it was just an Open House invite. :boom:Can they not?!?

lol I'll call now and see what Lawana says.

Members don't see this ad :)

Just called LaWanna she said she hopes she'll have information out to us by the end of next week. :bang:

Just called LaWanna she said she hopes she'll have information out to us by the end of next week. :bang:
Thanks for calling!! That's so weird to me though, TWU's last official day is Monday Dec 19th so I don't think they would come in until next semester...? I mean based on past forums they've never done that before at least

WAIT I just got an email from TWU Houston!!! Check your emails you guys!! :)

I know. I'm just disappointed that they advertised a target date and did not honor it. Some of us are pretty dependent on programs responses (myself). Hopefully, we hear something before next week ends.

Waitlisted!

I WAS ACCEPTED TO TWU HOUSTON!!! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got acceptance letters! I on the other hand got Wait listed again! Last year I got wait listed at TWU and got a call this August (second week of August) asking if I wanted to take a spot in Denton. :arghh: Had to decline due to the short notice. I live in Houston. Was not prepared to get that last minute call.

Congrats to those who got acceptance letters! I on the other hand got Wait listed again! Last year I got wait listed at TWU and got a call this August (second week of August) asking if I wanted to take a spot in Denton. :arghh: Had to decline due to the short notice. I live in Houston. Was not prepared to get that last minute call.
whoa! was denton your second choice?

I got into Denton! I got my email at 12:38, and got that email again at 3:24. Did this happen to yall?...

Does anyone know how many people applied to TWU?

Also wondering how many they place on the waitlist? Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted from the waitlist?

I got accepted into TWU Dallas :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Also wondering how many they place on the waitlist? Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted from the waitlist?
I think in years prior they went through at least half of the waitlist, because people were getting acceptances right up until the start of the program. So a lot of people declined the offer because it was so late in the game and had other commitments.

Congrats if you got in to TWU Houston, can't wait to meet you next fall :) I know this year they most likely have a lot more applicants than last year, now that they use OTCAS. Also, I know people in my program who were accepted off the waitlist so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Which location was your first choice? I was waitlisted last year and didn't get accepted until early June. So there is definitely hope! Just be prepared that you may not hear anything until the summer

If we were "recommended" to the graduate school for admission, does that mean we have a chance of being rejected?

Which location was your first choice? I was waitlisted last year and didn't get accepted until early June. So there is definitely hope! Just be prepared that you may not hear anything until the summer
Houston, thank you! I am keeping hope. Not thrilled about more waiting, but hoping it will be worth it :)

If we were "recommended" to the graduate school for admission, does that mean we have a chance of being rejected?
I've seen past threads where current students said it's nearly impossible to get rejected from the grad school. It seems to just be a formality they're required to do! Our acceptances pretty much guarantees that we're in. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Can we start a TWU Facebook group for our class or does someone official do that?

Which programs have you heard from? UTHSCSA? UTEP?

I received an invite from UTHSCSA for an interview in the beginning of Janurary. Ahhhh! I am very excited. I was wait-listed this past year. I also applied to TT, but have not heard back from them yet.

Best of luck to everyone applying and going on interviews!! :highfive::clap::claps:

Nope, there's one tomorrow and another scheduled for January.

I sent in my application to Tech in November. If I am invited to an interview, when should I expect to receive a notifcation?

Thank you!

Hello my future MOT peeps,
I'm super excited and nervous for my UTHSCSA interview and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about interview process. Is it just individual interviews or group as well? Is there a writing portion to it?

Goodluck to everyone!!

I have an interview too! Is yours at the beginning of Jan? Where are you from?

Best of luck to you!!

UTHSCSA sent me a interview confirmation november 10th for dec 12th.
TTU sent me an interview confirmation sometime in oct for i think first week in nov (can't recall of the top of my head).
UTEP I think doesn't even look at their apps till dec 31st ( isn't that when the deadline is?)
TWU told me that I should be getting something in a week or two.
UTMB- I read some e-mail a while back that they let people know whats going on with them first week of DEC.

How did your interview go with UTHSCSA? Would you mind sharing information regarding the essay you had to write?

Thanks and best of luck!!

Hello my future MOT peeps,
I'm super excited and nervous for my UTHSCSA interview and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about interview process. Is it just individual interviews or group as well? Is there a writing portion to it?

Goodluck to everyone!!

Hey! I am also attending an interview with UTHSCSA. From what I have heard, it is a group interview and there is a writing portion to it.

Best of luck to you!!! I may run in to you on the interview day

I interviewed with UTHSCSA on Dec 12 so I can tell you a little of what to expect! It was a group interview. I suggest practicing your answers to the following questions: Why do you want to be an OT, what qualities do you have that will make you a good OT, which settings did you observe, and talk about a patient that stood out to you. Those were the ones I remembered. It's pretty laid back, you'll meet with two of the OT professors during one part of the interview, and also meet with current students during another part in which you'll get to ask them your questions. There was a writing portion, but it was pretty straightforward. I don't do well with timed writing (we had 10 mins to write), but I think I did fine with it. All the best!!

Hi! Congrats on your interview, I hope you get accepted!

Do you remember what the prompt was for the essay portion? & Did the faculty mention anything about submitting a video presentation?

Thank you!!

Can we start a TWU Facebook group for our class or does someone official do that?

Go ahead and start one if you'd like! I think that only UTMB has a current student start a page for the incoming class. :)

I received an invite from UTHSCSA for an interview in the beginning of Janurary. Ahhhh! I am very excited. I was wait-listed this past year. I also applied to TT, but have not heard back from them yet.

Best of luck to everyone applying and going on interviews!! :highfive::clap::claps:

did you get your interview invitation yesterday?

No, I received mine at the beginning of Dec. but am just now finding this thread! Did you apply there?

yes but my chances are looking bleak since I have not heard anything.

yes but my chances are looking bleak since I have not heard anything.

Sorry to hear that. Keep on trying!! I was wait-listed last year and they are giving me another shot at an interview. A lot can change in just a year.

Has anyone been accepted to Denton or Houston and is not planning on attending?

Interviewing January for UTHSCSA, accepted yesterday to St. Augustine Austin for May.....Anyone else hear from St. Augustine?

Last edited:
Interviewing January for UTHSCSA, accepted yesterday to St. Augustine Austin for May.....Anyone else hear from St. Augustine?

Which school are u leaning towards? St. Augustine has super expensive tuition!!

Which school are u leaning towards? St. Augustine has super expensive tuition!!
Yeah the struggle is real with their tuition. I did visit both campus's and really liked them both, trying to stay open minded until I see what pans out. I am thankful to have gotten in though and wouldn't want to risk waiting another year.

Yeah the struggle is real with their tuition. I did visit both campus's and really liked them both, trying to stay open minded until I see what pans out. I am thankful to have gotten in though and wouldn't want to risk waiting another year.

Same here!! I only applied to two schools and I'm just glad I got accepted into one. I was thinking about st Augustine as a last resort!