General Admissions & OTCAS Texas MOT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing yet, do we need to email Sharon?
Not necessarily, but she is the one that has been sending us emails about program reviews and other admissions inquiries.

Members don't see this ad.

My friends I emailed Sharon and she says interviews will continue to be sent out!!! they are still making their decisions....so there is hope

"Yes they will. All decisions haven’t been made yet"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is texas tech all done with interviews?

Hey, Everyone! This is my first time applying and I only applied to TWU. Does anyone know if a lot of people applied this go around? This is the only thread I have found discussing the program.
I am a current OT student at TWU Dallas and they told us that there were about 1,000 applicants this year. But yes, this does include all 3 campuses

I am a current OT student at TWU Dallas and they told us that there were about 1,000 applicants this year. But yes, this does include all 3 campuses
:uhno: That suuuuucks. I may end up in Lubbock after all.

Keep your hopes up! It's really only like 330 per campus. Which is pretty similar to how many applicants the other schools get, right?
Okay, it sounds better when you say it like that. You're right. LoL:banana:

+pity+ so much for getting into TWU lol. Do you now how they decide where people who applied to both Dallas and Houston campuses? What I mean is will I be 1 in 333 and 1 in 333 for both campuses? Or do they only put you in the application pool of only one campus?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+pity+ so much for getting into TWU lol. Do you now how they decide where people who applied to both Dallas and Houston campuses? What I mean is will I be 1 in 333 and 1 in 333 for both campuses? Or do they only put you in the application pool of only one campus?
That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure how they do that. I think they'll evaluate your application for your first choice and if there's no room there, they'll look into putting you at the other campus. But instead of being accepted to my second choice, I was just waitlisted to my first choice. So maybe both locations were full. Everyone in my class had Dallas as their first choice, as far as I know

So for those who received an interview invite did you get to choose the interview date or is it just one set date?

So for those who received an interview invite did you get to choose the interview date or is it just one set date?

I got to choose. But I was in one of the early rounds.

Another morning and nothing. I hope you guys have heard something.

Hello, another current TWU Dallas student here! :)

I'm not sure how structured their method for placing students is, but I've heard about a variety of scenarios. Dallas is generally more competitive, possibly due to a larger amount of applications that specify "Dallas only/1st choice Dallas". This is my own speculation, though!

I was waitlisted the first time I applied--Dallas was my first choice, but I was later offered a Houston spot that I rejected for personal reasons. I know of someone who was waitlisted (1st choice Dallas), later offered a spot in Houston (which she accepted), and eventually offered a spot in Dallas. I feel like they try to accommodate personal preferences as much as they're able to, but it really helps to be flexible.

If you end up being waitlisted, don't be discouraged! Quite a few of my classmates were given a spot in Dallas in June/July before the semester started! They're all incredibly smart individuals, some of who actually have some of the best grades in my cohort.

Also, hello hopefullonghorn! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for all the feedback proto and hopefullonghorn!
I have a question if you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what the typical day is like for a TWU student? Are you in class from 9-5 every day?

Thanks for all the feedback proto and hopefullonghorn!
I have a question if you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what the typical day is like for a TWU student? Are you in class from 9-5 every day?
Harmcharm,
We are in class about 16 hours a week this semester. I think next semester will be a little more. We have no say in what our schedule will be but most days, you'll either have the morning or afternoon off. We happen to have Fridays off this semester, but we don't next semester. The class above us has never had a Friday off, but they have Wednesday off this semester. Labs are typically in the beginning of the week and it's nice to get those out of the way. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Last edited:
I have been trying to calculate tuition costs for the TWU's MOT program and I just wanted feedback on how much exactly TWU's tuition is estimated to be for those who are currently in the program. I'm also curious if there are any scholarships/grants that they offer as well!

I have been trying to calculate tuition costs for the TWU's MOT program and I just wanted feedback on how much exactly TWU's tuition is estimated to be for those who are currently in the program. I'm also curious if there are any scholarships/grants that they offer as well!
Our tuition for this semester (12 credit hours) was about $4,600. All other semesters should be similar, but summer will probably be a little cheaper. I'm not sure how much tuition will be during fieldwork though. There are scholarships! I think the deadline to apply is sometime in March. Even if you are waitlisted, go ahead and apply for them :)

Hello, another current TWU Dallas student here! :)

I'm not sure how structured their method for placing students is, but I've heard about a variety of scenarios. Dallas is generally more competitive, possibly due to a larger amount of applications that specify "Dallas only/1st choice Dallas". This is my own speculation, though!

I was waitlisted the first time I applied--Dallas was my first choice, but I was later offered a Houston spot that I rejected for personal reasons. I know of someone who was waitlisted (1st choice Dallas), later offered a spot in Houston (which she accepted), and eventually offered a spot in Dallas. I feel like they try to accommodate personal preferences as much as they're able to, but it really helps to be flexible.

If you end up being waitlisted, don't be discouraged! Quite a few of my classmates were given a spot in Dallas in June/July before the semester started! They're all incredibly smart individuals, some of who actually have some of the best grades in my cohort.

Also, hello hopefullonghorn! :)

thanks for the positive vibes!

Hoping to hear something from TWU this week, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. :poke:

Hoping to hear something from TWU this week, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. :poke:
Well last Monday someone was told we would probably hear in a week or two, and last year they heard on December 9th so I'm thinking very soon! :smuggrin:

Well last Monday someone was told we would probably hear in a week or two, and last year they heard on December 9th so I'm thinking very soon! :smuggrin:
I would not be surprised at all if you guys heard this week. I think that's very likely. Good luck!

I really hope we hear back this week!!!! maybe tomorrow?

Harmcharm,
We are in class about 16 hours a week this semester. I think next semester will be a little more. We have no say in what our schedule will be but most days, you'll either have the morning or afternoon off. We happen to have Fridays off this semester, but we don't next semester. The class above us has never had a Friday off, but they have Wednesday off this semester. Labs are typically in the beginning of the week and it's nice to get those out of the way. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Yes! Just to add to this, our schedules can REALLY vary from semester to semester. The entire cohort takes lecture classes together but splits up into small groups for labs, so everyone's schedule is a bit different. You might have class from 9-12 one day, 2-4 another day, and then a full 8-5 day with a few breaks in between. My cohort had classes M-F this semester, but I've had Fridays off once before and will have Wednesdays off in the spring. It's unpredictable, but part of it has to do with adjunct faculty schedules. TWU has taught us to be flexible. :)

Last edited:
Our tuition for this semester (12 credit hours) was about $4,600. All other semesters should be similar, but summer will probably be a little cheaper. I'm not sure how much tuition will be during fieldwork though. There are scholarships! I think the deadline to apply is sometime in March. Even if you are waitlisted, go ahead and apply for them :)

And if you happen to be out-of-state, getting a scholarship qualifies you for in-state tuition! It's a pretty affordable program, though.

oh man another morning and no news from UTMB or UTHSC ...

Ahhhh the wait is killing me. I think I check my email and this page 20+ times a day lol.

Reactions: 3 users
LOL when you get emails from UTHSCSA and TWU and you start to freak out but then open them and they are just season greetings cards. +pissed+

LOL when you get emails from UTHSCSA and TWU and you start to freak out but then open them and they are just season greetings cards. +pissed+
I didn't even get that much. LoL

I didn't even get that much. LoL

I don't know why I just LOL'd hard at this... I am sure you got it maybe it went to spam mine was in a weird folder in my gmail. I needed this... I cried today thinking about "what if I don't get an interview"...this is emotional torture.

I don't know why I just LOL'd hard at this... I am sure you got it maybe it went to spam mine was in a weird folder in my gmail. I needed this... I cried today thinking about "what if I don't get an interview"...this is emotional torture.
LoL Okay, I dug around. I got one from UTHSCSA, but not TWU. That's not comforting. I can't even get a card, TWU???:bullcrap: lol I'm sure you'll get an interview! I'm thinking it'll be later before that happens. And yeeessss. My anxiety has been working overtime the past few weeks.

So I was thinking we should all make an acceptance box and rejection box like in the office with Micheal and Holly...

B6tVjwOCEAAwPsM.jpg:large

Reactions: 4 users
Pretty much... I woke up thinking today is the day... and nothing...I wonder if they have sent out rejection letters
Someone in another thread said it'd be around the 15th. So it may not be this week. I hope it is though. I'm tired of sitting at this fork in the road. LoL

Someone in another thread said it'd be around the 15th. So it may not be this week. I hope it is though. I'm tired of sitting at this fork in the road. LoL

for which school... I know UTMB they said the first week of December and then UTHSCSA could be anywhere between December and January