General Admissions & OTCAS Texas MOT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ritz03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which programs have you heard from? UTHSCSA? UTEP?

Members don't see this ad.

I only got an email from UTEP that my application was received and to expect a decision in early March.

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously, where is everyone? lol It is dead. I heard from Texas Tech, but I'm waiting on TWU.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from anyone!

UTHSCSA sent me a interview confirmation november 10th for dec 12th.
TTU sent me an interview confirmation sometime in oct for i think first week in nov (can't recall of the top of my head).
UTEP I think doesn't even look at their apps till dec 31st ( isn't that when the deadline is?)
TWU told me that I should be getting something in a week or two.
UTMB- I read some e-mail a while back that they let people know whats going on with them first week of DEC.

Reactions: 1 users
ACU haven't paid to much attention too, lol. That 60k price tag...

UTHSCSA sent me a interview confirmation november 10th for dec 12th.
TTU sent me an interview confirmation sometime in oct for i think first week in nov (can't recall of the top of my head).
UTEP I think doesn't even look at their apps till dec 31st ( isn't that when the deadline is?)
TWU told me that I should be getting something in a week or two.
UTMB- I read some e-mail a while back that they let people know whats going on with them first week of DEC.
Did you email TWU yourself and ask for an update, or did they email you first?

Also the deadline for UTEP is Nov 30th, so that's when they start looking at applications! But they'll take until March to make final decisions anyway :(

Did you email TWU yourself and ask for an update, or did they email you first?

Also the deadline for UTEP is Nov 30th, so that's when they start looking at applications! But they'll take until March to make final decisions anyway :(

Yeah I talked to LaWanna(?) and she said to give it a week or two for TWU to contact us.
And yeah my bad on that UTEP date... Its one of my lower picks and I applied a while ago and don't remember the due dates...I really hope I get in somewhere else so I don't have to live in El Paso haha.

I really hope I get in somewhere else so I don't have to live in El Paso haha.

LoL I'm in the same boat. I got into my Plan B, but I'm hoping my Plan A comes through so I don't have to uproot and move.

GREAT news! The waiting is horrible.
Amen to that haha, have any of y'all been to the Houston campus for their open house? Is it nice? I went to the Dallas one and I really liked the facility but wouldn't mind going to Houston if thats where they want to put me.

LoL I'm in the same boat. I got into my Plan B, but I'm hoping my Plan A comes through so I don't have to uproot and move.
Hey at least you got in somewhere. I'm on the waitlist for Tech and the stress for getting into any school this year just multiplied instead of lessening.

Amen to that haha, have any of y'all been to the Houston campus for their open house? Is it nice? I went to the Dallas one and I really liked the facility but wouldn't mind going to Houston if thats where they want to put me.

I haven't, but wish I had taken the opportunity. I've toured Tech, but I don't know what TWU is like for comparison purposes. Houston is my first choice since that's home.
Hey at least you got in somewhere. I'm on the waitlist for Tech and the stress for getting into any school this year just multiplied instead of lessening.

There is that. I'm very grateful, cause the whole process has been stressful. I have a feeling my luck stops at TTUHSC though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone happen to know if all Uthscsa interviewees have been notified or if they do it in accordance with the two interview dates?

Would anyone happen to know if all Uthscsa interviewees have been notified or if they do it in accordance with the two interview dates?
I called them awhile back and they told me they usually contact those selected for interviews 2-3 weeks before the interview date.

I called them awhile back and they told me they usually contact those selected for interviews 2-3 weeks before the interview date.
So not all hope is lost! But thank you!

I got my interview invitation from UTHSCSA this morning!

I was told by UTHSCSA they do interviews in December and January and they will send out interviews 3 weeks prior an interview date. So maybe we still have a chance! This is so nerve racking! UTMB said they would send out interview invitations first week of December...but is this week the first week of December or is next week...this is all driving me crazy.

If you don't mind me asking? What were you stats?
I was definitely pretty average! I graduated w/ a psych degree from texas a&m in May. My overall GPA was a 3.46, last 90 hours was a 3.6, prereq GPA was somewhere in between there. I had about 100 shadowing hours between two settings (one inpatient, one outpatient) and 3 LORs, 2 from OTs I shadowed with and 1 from the manager of the daycare I worked at in College Station and I'm still volunteering at a hospital ~ once a week. I hope you hear back soon!!

C'mooonnnn, TWU. LoL +pissed+

Reactions: 2 users
I was definitely pretty average! I graduated w/ a psych degree from texas a&m in May. My overall GPA was a 3.46, last 90 hours was a 3.6, prereq GPA was somewhere in between there. I had about 100 shadowing hours between two settings (one inpatient, one outpatient) and 3 LORs, 2 from OTs I shadowed with and 1 from the manager of the daycare I worked at in College Station and I'm still volunteering at a hospital ~ once a week. I hope you hear back soon!!

oh man! my pre-req gpa was a 3.5 and that is not including two classes that are in progress which I will get A's in so that will go up. My overall was pretty low 3.09. I had just the 40 hours but I am still shadowing an OT. My saving grace hopefully will be my 4 year experience as a lead scribe and piloting programs at several hospitals. I also taught English to ESL students two semesters, volunteer for hospice, my LOR are from the medical director in the ER I work in, my professor, and an OT I became close with. I am so nervous! Sometimes I think my application is pretty okay and then I think no crap my grades aren't good enough!

oh man! my pre-req gpa was a 3.5 and that is not including two classes that are in progress which I will get A's in so that will go up. My overall was pretty low 3.09. I had just the 40 hours but I am still shadowing an OT. My saving grace hopefully will be my 4 year experience as a lead scribe and piloting programs at several hospitals. I also taught English to ESL students two semesters, volunteer for hospice, my LOR are from the medical director in the ER I work in, my professor, and an OT I became close with. I am so nervous! Sometimes I think my application is pretty okay and then I think no crap my grades aren't good enough!
Oh my gosh your stats sound amazing!! I've heard that UTHSCSA really looks at the whole package, not just grades. Your experience makes your application really stand out. Good luck! :)

Oh my gosh your stats sound amazing!! I've heard that UTHSCSA really looks at the whole package, not just grades. Your experience makes your application really stand out. Good luck! :)

Thank you! you are giving me so much hope!! ah well hopefully I will see you at interviews and if not keep us updated!!

another morning and no email yet... this wait is killer.

The worst part of waiting is we know that they have made their decision already :O

I got an email this morning from UTMB for an interview invitation!

omg. congratulations!! ugh even more nerve racking for us waiting!!!

omg. congratulations!! ugh even more nerve racking for us waiting!!!
Thank you! My last name is more towards the beginning of the alphabet so I'm sure they will get back to everyone else today or this week. Best of luck to you all!

Yeah got my interview invite this morning too. UTMB applicants check yall's emails!

AHH! Checked and nothing :( however my last name is S so... maybe not yet?!

When did you submit your application to Tech, btw?

AHH! Checked and nothing :( however my last name is S so... maybe not yet?!
Last name starts with L, and I just got mine like 10 min ago, so don't worry about it. Im sure you'll get one. The email says that they are interviewing 141 people...

When did you submit your application to Tech, btw?
I submitted my tech app in August. And actually got an invite in september for the first week in October( Told everyone wrong up above... I was on painkillers at the time and wasn't thinking straight haha). My interview was on the first interview date.

OH my gosh okay whoo. Congratulations to everyone who is getting an interview way to go guys I am going to go outside and take my mind of things!! Hopefully I will be joinging all of you :D

OH my gosh okay whoo. Congratulations to everyone who is getting an interview way to go guys I am going to go outside and take my mind of things!! Hopefully I will be joinging all of you :D
lol no stress, you'll get an invite!

Well unless they also will send out interviews tomorrow I feel out of luck!

I am hoping they still have more emails to send out! My last name starts with a W!

oh man I hope this is the case and we both get good news!! I have been home all day today since it's my day off and I have just been waiting HA ive even deep cleaned my apartment to try to get my mind off this.

Yeah I'm sure they will send more tomorrow. Ive been trying to get in touch with their admissions coordinator all day to check to see if a class i took will meet one of the pre- reqs, and I never connected with her nor did she never got back to me. I'm sure today is super busy for her and that she will let y'all know tomorrow.

Has anyone heard what the UTHSCSA Interview setup is like from previous years?

Hey, Everyone! This is my first time applying and I only applied to TWU. Does anyone know if a lot of people applied this go around? This is the only thread I have found discussing the program.

Hey, Everyone! This is my first time applying and I only applied to TWU. Does anyone know if a lot of people applied this go around? This is the only thread I have found discussing the program.

When I attended an open house earlier in the year, I thought I heard them say the usual number of applicants is around 700... which I know sounds like a ALOT but there's also 3 campuses. I'm not sure what the exact number is for this cycle though.

Did anyone receive an email from UTMB today? And those who have not have you all called or emailed Sharon?