General Admissions & OTCAS Texas MOT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for which school... I know UTMB they said the first week of December and then UTHSCSA could be anywhere between December and January
TWU

Members don't see this ad.

Oh!! Okay !! I couldn't apply to that one because my last 60 hours didn't mean the requirement since they only look at your last 60 hours of undergrad and don't take into consideration and post bacc courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone in another thread said it'd be around the 15th. So it may not be this week. I hope it is though. I'm tired of sitting at this fork in the road. LoL
What thread was it??

It was you who said it. LoL I just visited the TWU 2016 thread. You said you saw the target date was the 15th on their website.
LOL oops I thought it was new information someone had hahaha. yeah thats the date on their website, but someone who emailed LaWana said they told him either this week or next week! Which I guess next week is the 15th anyway so maybe it will be then :(

LOL oops I thought it was new information someone had hahaha. yeah thats the date on their website, but someone who emailed LaWana said they told him either this week or next week! Which I guess next week is the 15th anyway so maybe it will be then :(
:thumbdown: The wait is horrible. I just wanna know! LoL The moment I stop thinking about it is when it'll happen. That's what happened last time.

:thumbdown: The wait is horrible. I just wanna know! LoL The moment I stop thinking about it is when it'll happen. That's what happened last time.
Yes! It'll happen when we least expect it! Always happens. :lame::lame:

Reactions: 1 users
That's what I'm expecting or like 5:55 on Friday

Reactions: 1 user
CHECK YOUR EMAILS FOR UTMB. Just received notice!

Alright my friends no interview for me...but hey I still have 5 other schools I'm waiting for !! good luck to everyone!!

Yeah she told me this week or next. We homies and she told me maybe this week. My friend called her and she said the 15th. But i called a day later and she said it could very well be this week.

Yeah she told me this week or next. We homies and she told me maybe this week. My friend called her and she said the 15th. But i called a day later and she said it could very well be this week.
I need them to quit playing with my emotions. LoL :biglove::shrug::scared: +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright my friends no interview for me...but hey I still have 5 other schools I'm waiting for !! good luck to everyone!!
Yeah I wouldn't feel too down, its just one school. When I applied to PT schools last year I applied to I think 6 and got two interviews. I am sure you'll get at least that many if not 3 or 4.
I need them to quit playing with my emotions. LoL :biglove::shrug::scared: +pissed+
4real. preach.

Sadly I didn't get an interview to UTMB but I was accepted into the MOT program at St. Augustine in Austin! Good luck everyone!

Sadly I didn't get an interview to UTMB but I was accepted into the MOT program at St. Augustine in Austin! Good luck everyone!

Ah congrats!!! what term for austin?!?! I am applying for September term

So I met someone else today who is going to an interview at UTHSCSA and they made me feel so inadequate.

Idk maybe I'm just down :( I told them by stats and they said it's probably because I have pending classes.
I wouldn't listen to them. If the school you applied to didn't require stats to be complete, then it's just that. Many others have been accepted with pending classes. Myself included. There's people who don't get accepted who have perfect stats, and those who have average or low stats that do. It's more than just grades.

Idk maybe I'm just down :( I told them by stats and they said it's probably because I have pending classes.
Don't feel discouraged! :( I've learned not to compare stats. Every program looks for and wants different qualities in an applicant. Some programs don't just focus on GPAs but rather look at an applicant holistically.

Lol who ever you talked to sounds like a jack ass. From what I've researched people like that don't get into programs. I'm pretty sure OTs build up people,not bring them down. You can do it. I've heard of people with horrendous stats get in. If you truly want to be an OT, you will find your way. If you don't get in this year, work hard for next year's apps. ive heard stories about people who apply for 4 years and finally fight there way in. This is m second time applying for grad schools, it's not the end of the world trust me.

TWU is driving me crazy! When will those emails get sent out?!!

TWU is driving me crazy! When will those emails get sent out?!!

I know that it's difficult to stay patient, but finals are just around the corner for current students and it has been a year of transition for faculty at TWU. I've heard that the selection process for this year's applications is wrapping up, so consider yourselves lucky! My cohort didn't find out till the end of January! Do your best to not think about it and just go about your daily routines! A surprise email is the best kind of email. :)

Reactions: 2 users
I know that it's difficult to stay patient, but finals are just around the corner for current students and it has been a year of transition for faculty at TWU. I've heard that the selection process for this year's applications is wrapping up, so consider yourselves lucky! My cohort didn't find out till the end of January! Do your best to not think about it and just go about your daily routines! A surprise email is the best kind of email. :)
Thank you! It's hard to stay patient, but you're right- a surprise email is the best kind of email- as long as it contains good news lol

oh my goodness! I've been waiting/checking email like a madwoman too! I hope we all get a lovely surprise email soon!

I'm thinking it'll be next week. Unfortunately.

Another day of checking my email every other minute+pissed+

Another day of checking my email every other minute+pissed+
LoL Same here. I'm trying to not think about it, buuuut that isn't working. :laugh: I wish I had applied to more schools so I could divert my attention elsewhere.

Haven't been on the forums since last year....seeing all of these messages makes me feel anxious for you guys! Im finishing up my first semester at TWU Houston! For those asking about the typical week, for Houston I had class Monday-Wednesday. It was super nice having a 4 day weekend to get assignments and projects done! Next semester I have Monday, Tuesday and Thursday classes. I have a feeling you guys will get your letters next week! I found out Dec 9th last year. So close! Good luck!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Nope, been wondering the same thing. Hoping the 15th is the day we all get good news!!!

Hello my future MOT peeps,
I'm super excited and nervous for my UTHSCSA interview and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about interview process. Is it just individual interviews or group as well? Is there a writing portion to it?

Goodluck to everyone!!

Last edited:
Sooooo if you haven't seen the other thread, someone said LaWana emailed them ""Applicants will be notified hopefully by the end of next week. If not, you guys will receive notification in January.".

Guess the 15th was wishful thinking after all. :yawn:

Reactions: 3 users
Sooooo if you haven't seen the other thread, someone said LaWana emailed them ""Applicants will be notified hopefully by the end of next week. If not, you guys will receive notification in January.".

Noooooo!

Thanks for the heads up!

I got an invited for an interview with the MOT program at UTMB and was wondering if anyone has taken a Neurological Basis for Human Behavior course online that transferred/was accepted by UTMB MOT program? I have found a couple through Thomas Edison State University, California Baptist University and UTMB told me to look at Phoenix University but their online courses were all graduate level courses. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it as I need to take it this upcoming spring semester!

Hello my future MOT peeps,
I'm super excited and nervous for my UTHSCSA interview and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about interview process. Is it just individual interviews or group as well? Is there a writing portion to it?

Goodluck to everyone!!

I interviewed with UTHSCSA on Dec 12 so I can tell you a little of what to expect! It was a group interview. I suggest practicing your answers to the following questions: Why do you want to be an OT, what qualities do you have that will make you a good OT, which settings did you observe, and talk about a patient that stood out to you. Those were the ones I remembered. It's pretty laid back, you'll meet with two of the OT professors during one part of the interview, and also meet with current students during another part in which you'll get to ask them your questions. There was a writing portion, but it was pretty straightforward. I don't do well with timed writing (we had 10 mins to write), but I think I did fine with it. All the best!!

I got an invited for an interview with the MOT program at UTMB and was wondering if anyone has taken a Neurological Basis for Human Behavior course online that transferred/was accepted by UTMB MOT program? I have found a couple through Thomas Edison State University, California Baptist University and UTMB told me to look at Phoenix University but their online courses were all graduate level courses. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it as I need to take it this upcoming spring semester!

I'm in the Same situation as you. University of phonies told me it was going to be 2000 bucks for one class... so I'm waiting till after I interview and get in to sign up for that. The class I'm looking at says isn't only takes 5 weeks to complete and I know there's a class starting in February... hopefully they let us know by then.