Texas A&M Accepted for Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry about the attitude, but I finally just had it in the past two days. There are what, 50,000 students that park on the A&M campus? And the deadline on the sheet said like July 15? That's two freaking weeks. Will there even be any parking lots left to be assigned to? If I had a helicopter and a money tree I wouldn't be worried about parking or financial aid. Unfortunately, I have neither.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody,

Ill be joining you in CS in July. 2CS+2RR, not thrilled about RR but it could be fun. I had a few questions...

1. Anyone know when the registrars office is going to register us and they will send us info about financials?
2. Whats the deal with parking? I'm from a school where parking doesn't matter... shouldnt you take care of this when we get to school?
3. Hahahaha. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=245&year=2008
4. Whats the average age of the CS campus? I read somewhere on this thread that the average age in temple was 28?

Thanks, and i'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Hey everybody,

Ill be joining you in CS in July. 2CS+2RR, not thrilled about RR but it could be fun. I had a few questions...

1. Anyone know when the registrars office is going to register us and they will send us info about financials?
2. Whats the deal with parking? I'm from a school where parking doesn't matter... shouldnt you take care of this when we get to school?
3. Hahahaha. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=245&year=2008
4. Whats the average age of the CS campus? I read somewhere on this thread that the average age in temple was 28?

Thanks, and i'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Interesting link. I especially liked this part:

November 15 at Baylor L 41-21 4-7 (2-5)

Members don't see this ad :)
I assume that at some point they are going to tell us where to go for orientation right? I read that packet twice trying figure out what the deal was, but didn't see it anywhere. Anyone have any idea if the orientations are split....CS and Temple? Is it all in one place?

I assume that at some point they are going to tell us where to go for orientation right? I read that packet twice trying figure out what the deal was, but didn't see it anywhere. Anyone have any idea if the orientations are split....CS and Temple? Is it all in one place?

Orientations are indeed split. For CS people, I think you go to the Reynold's Medical Building. For Temple peeps, report to the TAMU II Building...the same building where you had your interviews.

Interesting link. I especially liked this part:

November 15 at Baylor L 41-21 4-7 (2-5)

Sic'Em Bears!

But seriously, is there a benefit to getting a sports pass if my spouse is not an A&M student. Will she be able to get ticketsin the same section as me?How much will those cost? Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Orientations are indeed split. For CS people, I think you go to the Reynold's Medical Building. For Temple peeps, report to the TAMU II Building...the same building where you had your interviews.

Sean...you da man.

Sic'Em Bears!

But seriously, is there a benefit to getting a sports pass if my spouse is not an A&M student. Will she be able to get ticketsin the same section as me?How much will those cost? Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Here's how this works:

1. You buy a sports pass

2. At the beginning of the year, someone will go "pull" tickets for EVERY person for EVERY football game. As far as I know, only medical students get this privilege (normally you pull tickets the week of the game). Once tickets are pulled, that's it. In order for your spouse to sit with you, you will need two things
a) Someone to give up their ticket in the medical student block
b) About $30 to convert the ticket from a student ticket to a guest ticket. This will allow your spouse in without her needing a Texas A&M student ID. The people at the gates are VERY STRICT and will not let anyone in without the proper ticketing. Also, forget getting a ticket in another section and trying to sneak your spouse in with the medical students. The section ushers will stop you cold and will have absolutely no sympathy for you (believe me I've tried!).

So to answer your questions
1. For every game? Probably not. But you can probably find some people willing to give up their tickets for a few games.
2. $30 to convert an already pulled student ticket. Non-student tickets range from $45-100, depending on the opponent.

So is there a benefit? I dunno. If you don't like going without your spouse, then no don't waste your time. If you're cool going without her, A&M football games are a lot of fun (even moreso when we're good...which was about 3 years ago).

I feel like there are 3 people from Baylor going to A&M and will be at CS in the fall, and I think all of them are posting here.

I feel like there are 3 people from Baylor going to A&M and will be at CS in the fall, and I think all of them are posting here.
I know for sure that a high school friend of mine who went to Baylor has been accepted at A&M, but I'm not sure which campus she'll be at. She's from Temple, so I'd imagine she'll be at the Temple campus.

Couple of things...

Last year, we were registered on July 8.

For those of you coming to Temple, we just got an email that in the last week, some 30 cars have been broken into at Chappell Hill. Bad stuff happens everywhere. Also as an FYI, we had some break-ins at S&W during the first couple of weeks of class, so be careful what you leave in your vehicle. It seems that it was teenagers, so the crime went away after Temple High School started back up, but even so.

You will need your UIN for a couple of things during the first few weeks, then its relevance goes away.

IncomingM1, everyone is still waiting on financial aid and for CS you absolutely need to take care of parking ASAP.

IncomingM1, everyone is still waiting on financial aid and for CS you absolutely need to take care of parking ASAP.

aggie gateway still shows "No account was found." :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, PS, about that PM: Is it me? :laugh:

Nope, sorry. To all...I promised something I couldn't deliver. The files of the books are large to the point of crashing my email. I will have them on a flash drive at orientation, and I'm pretty sure they are available on a shared drive somewhere, but I will make sure they are.

I was very, very busy last week, and emails kind of fell through the cracks and bounced. Something about transporting 20 teenagers all over San Antonio for the week! :scared:

I know for sure that a high school friend of mine who went to Baylor has been accepted at A&M, but I'm not sure which campus she'll be at. She's from Temple, so I'd imagine she'll be at the Temple campus.

I went to Baylor and I'll be going to Temple!

Couple of things...

Last year, we were registered on July 8.

For those of you coming to Temple, we just got an email that in the last week, some 30 cars have been broken into at Chappell Hill. Bad stuff happens everywhere. Also as an FYI, we had some break-ins at S&W during the first couple of weeks of class, so be careful what you leave in your vehicle. It seems that it was teenagers, so the crime went away after Temple High School started back up, but even so.

So does this happen often? I was hoping Temple would be a little safer than Waco.

So does this happen often? I was hoping Temple would be a little safer than Waco.
It is. There's like 1 murder a year in Temple. Sometimes kids get bored and break stuff, though. I had my car egged twice and shot with a BB gun once.

What year did you graduate from Baylor?

It is. There's like 1 murder a year in Temple. Sometimes kids get bored and break stuff, though. I had my car egged twice and shot with a BB gun once.

What year did you graduate from Baylor?

I graduated in 2008.

seems like the UIN activation is working now.

--Edit:

Now it would be too simple if everything was working properly already. So i was able to create a Net ID (or called Neo) which gave me a new email address: [email protected]. i guess this is enough to get the parking permits for the CS people. It has no use for the temple folks like me.

Even though the letter says to log into https://my.tamhsc.edu/cp/home/loginf after creating the net id, we cant until TAMHSC gives us a username for that. I called tamhsc helpdesk, and they told me that it will be given at a later date. So still cant access our financial aid info until we get the tamhsc account.

Last edited:
I'm CS, and although I was able to create a NetID, it wouldn't let me register for parking, because apparently the parking system uses a different database or something. I tried calling, and they said to call the 'department' and ask them to send my 'file' to the parking department.

=/

Eh... haven't exactly graduated yet. Its technically up in the air... but needless to say I will be there in July. (CS)

Talked to registrar/financial aid, the registrar still hasn't sent over information to financial aid. Make sure you sent in your Student Privacy and Bacterial Meningitis forms asap as they are hard holds to your account!!!

Eh... haven't exactly graduated yet. Its technically up in the air... but needless to say I will be there in July. (CS)

Talked to registrar/financial aid, the registrar still hasn't sent over information to financial aid. Make sure you sent in your Student Privacy and Bacterial Meningitis forms asap as they are hard holds to your account!!!

Student Privacy and Bacterial Meningitis forms? I don't remember receiving those. Is that something just the CS folks got? Can any Temple-ites verify?

so i got my financial aid email. only problem is that i cant login to myHSC. fail.

wait there is more fail. according to another email i recieved from the a&m yahoo group, we're not gonna be able to access our myHSC without an email address, which isnt given to us til the first day of student orientation. so this financial aid email is but a tease, although a step in the right direction.

so i got my financial aid email. only problem is that i cant login to myHSC. fail.

wait there is more fail. according to another email i recieved from the a&m yahoo group, we're not gonna be able to access our myHSC without an email address, which isnt given to us til the first day of student orientation. so this financial aid email is but a tease, although a step in the right direction.

iMD, you should be able to get around that. In the email, towards the bottom, it will see something like:

If you are a new student you can view and accept your award by visiting http://bannerselfsvc.ad.tamhsc.edu:9050/pls/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin.
You will use the student ID number at the top of this email as your ID and your birth date (MMDDYY) as your Pin.

This should be able to navigate you to your financial aid.

For me, its basically just max Subsidized and the rest Unsubsidized. Found that the interest rate is set at 6.8% for the next 4 years.

Last edited:
For me, its basically just max Subsidized and the rest Unsubsidized. Found that the interest rate is set at 6.8% for the next 4 years.

whoa awesome. i was able to find my aid award too.

looks like i got offered the max subsidized as well. the overall award total is more than enough. :thumbup:

thanks sports.

at least it's all coming together now, parking and financial aid.

for those that ordered the hp tablet.

theyre pretty sweet. i picked mine up yesterday bc i wont be attending A&M.

yall wont be disappointed. :thumbup:

whoa awesome. i was able to find my aid award too.

looks like i got offered the max subsidized as well. the overall award total is more than enough. :thumbup:

yea...same here. but 6.8% is a hefty interest rate compared to 4.something% we had a couple years ago.

If we take out max subsidized amount and 20,000 of the unsubsidized each year (10,000 each semester), at 6.8% clip, when we graduate..the amount we owe back is about $127,500 (with $13,500 being the total interest accumulated during the time we are in school). Now if we are lucky enough to consolidate that amount at 6% interest rate during repayment, then the repayment would be $915/month for a 20 years, or $1415/month for 10 yrs. :scared:

All i can say is....Thank God I Don't Live In California or NY. :D

So I was offered the full estimated cost of tuition. Should I accept the whole amount??

So I was offered the full estimated cost of tuition. Should I accept the whole amount??

i think that would be dependent on a lot of factors that is different for all of us. Do you have any other sources of aid? I think the best thing would be to create a budget that is as detailed as possible and include rent, electricty, water, internet/tv, etc. I think Tuition and fees is set at $11,394 for the year.

Nope, sorry. To all...I promised something I couldn't deliver. The files of the books are large to the point of crashing my email. I will have them on a flash drive at orientation, and I'm pretty sure they are available on a shared drive somewhere, but I will make sure they are.

I was very, very busy last week, and emails kind of fell through the cracks and bounced. Something about transporting 20 teenagers all over San Antonio for the week! :scared:

How large are they?

You should definitely accept the full amount the first semester (or year). Use this time to refine your budget and see how much money it takes to live on. From there, you can adjust the amount you take out the coming years.

My thought is at first, it would be better to take out too much money rather than not enough. You can always use the left overs in coming semesters and take out less at that time.

can we not take out a partial amount of the max awarded and, if needed, take out the rest?

iMD, you should be able to get around that. In the email, towards the bottom, it will see something like:

If you are a new student you can view and accept your award by visiting http://bannerselfsvc.ad.tamhsc.edu:9050/pls/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin.
You will use the student ID number at the top of this email as your ID and your birth date (MMDDYY) as your Pin.

This should be able to navigate you to your financial aid.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup:
I clicked on Registration >> Registration Fee Assessment >> Fall 2009 (didn't have any other options)

and the message I got was:

You are not enrolled for the selected term.
I tried other options as well, such as "Account Summary by Term", but it had the same error message? Am I doing something wrong?

edit: Actually, under account holds it says something about a transcript, even though I have sent one in. Do ya'll have this as well?

Last edited:
i think that would be dependent on a lot of factors that is different for all of us. Do you have any other sources of aid? I think the best thing would be to create a budget that is as detailed as possible and include rent, electricty, water, internet/tv, etc. I think Tuition and fees is set at $11,394 for the year.

I was given tuition at 9550 and a designated tuition of 3000... what is the difference between tuition and designated tuition?

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if we have the entire week of thanksgiving off?

I was given tuition at 9550 and a designated tuition of 3000... what is the difference between tuition and designated tuition?

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if we have the entire week of thanksgiving off?

God, I hope so. I want to say that I saw a preliminary calendar that gave us only Thursday/Friday, but if memory serves, the c/o 2012 had all week off.

We don't have an official schedule yet, so who knows.

Thanks for the tip :thumbup:
I clicked on Registration >> Registration Fee Assessment >> Fall 2009 (didn't have any other options)

and the message I got was:

I tried other options as well, such as "Account Summary by Term", but it had the same error message? Am I doing something wrong?

edit: Actually, under account holds it says something about a transcript, even though I have sent one in. Do ya'll have this as well?

I dont see the registration -> registration fee assessment -> fall 2009 options.

When i log into the website using the id from the email and DOB, i see a link that says Financial Aid. Clicking on that, i get to another page that has a link called Award. After clicking on that...clicked on Award for Aid Year. Then selected 2009-2010 Aid year from the drop down menu for Select Aid Year. Then clicked on Award Overview tab. That showed me my aid amounts.

--Edit: If you see that they have a transcript hold on yours...might want to call the registrar office for TAMHSC.

http://www.tamhsc.edu/education/finaid/forms1/cost-of-attendance/college-of-medicine.pdf

that's where i got the numbers from. It seems like 9550 is with the $3000 designated tuition. i think the term designated tuition might just be something internal for the registrar's dept.

Anyone else yet to receive financial aid information or links like the ones being discussed?

http://www.tamhsc.edu/education/finaid/forms1/cost-of-attendance/college-of-medicine.pdf

that's where i got the numbers from. It seems like 9550 is with the $3000 designated tuition. i think the term designated tuition might just be something internal for the registrar's dept.

i would hope that is the case but looking at my total, it looks like the 3000 is added in... i had called the office yesterday to ask, but the lady i spoke with didn't know what the difference was.

about thanksgiving... the only reason i ask is it looks like previous years have had the entire week off, but our calendar only says thurs/fri...

about thanksgiving... the only reason i ask is it looks like previous years have had the entire week off, but our calendar only says thurs/fri...

Saw that too, but we don't have an official calendar yet -- that's what Rachel was saying on the mailing list.

And while I'm at it: any thoughts on Chappell Hill vs. Chappell Creek? The former is pretty nice, but so is the latter. Then again, Chappell Creek also sits right next to a car lot; kind of wondering if that's a recipe for noise.

Hope I don't have any car break-in problems of my own.

Oh, and I didn't notice, but is Scott & White 30.06 posted? (Do they have signage saying "Pursuant to section 30.06, penal code [...], a person licensed under [...] may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"?) Just curious; I know the hospitals near me are.

And while I'm at it: any thoughts on Chappell Hill vs. Chappell Creek? The former is pretty nice, but so is the latter. Then again, Chappell Creek also sits right next to a car lot; kind of wondering if that's a recipe for noise.

Hope I don't have any car break-in problems of my own.

by the looks of it, Chappell creek looked much newer/nicer than Chappell hill. But like you said...Hill is pretty nice itself. When i went to go see those 2 complexes...i saw the rent at Creek, and turned the other way almost immediately :D.

for those of you who print out your lecture notes, would it be worthwhile to invest in a laser printer? also, do you print out your notes in color a lot?