Texas A&M Accepted for Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianStarscape

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I was overjoyed to see an email in ALL CAPS in my mailbox saying something very nice to me that I was in. I got it early because I am OOS. I would like to see who are my potential fellow students, and what thoughts people have on Temple vs CS vs Round Rock. and 2-2 vs 4. I am leaning definitely to 4yrs in Temple, but I have never been to CS so I don't know much about it.

:hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I also received my acceptance yesterday. I am already 100% set on 4 years in Temple. I loved their facilities and already have a few faculty connections that I would like to keep up.

Congrats, guys! Let us know if you have any questions. AggieSean and I are both in Temple, and would be happy to answer things we know about!

Members don't see this ad :)
I do have one question you might be able to answer. How are students placed on the different campuses because it seems that everyone would not get their first choice if this was the case. If you could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am jealous! Congrats to both of you!

I do have one question you might be able to answer. How are students placed on the different campuses because it seems that everyone would not get their first choice if this was the case. If you could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Most people get their choice. I know there were a few people who had a preference and didn't get it (I don't remember which way it was, though). I think more people wanted Temple than we had spots for here. Anyway, you list your choice of location and your reason for your decision, then they allocate as best they can. Basically, if you have a family involved, you will get your wish almost guaranteed. There will be twice as many Temple slots next year, so it shouldn't be as big an issue.

I've been in CS for 4 years (for undergrad) and I really like here a lot. It's a fun place to be and there is a lot to do. There's a lot of students and TONS of places to study, if you prefer to do so away from your house. I liked the Temple facilities a lot better when I interviewed, but I like College Station better as a place to live/find a job (i.e. for a spouse). CS has lots of places to rent an apartment/duplex/house for cheap and is also a great place to buy a house due to the continual overturn of the population.

If you have any questions about CS I'd be more than happy to try my best to help you answer them. Also, if you come down to do second look I'd be happy to show you around.

In response to the question about preferences - at my interview this year they told me that there were a few people who didn't initially get their choice, but by the second week of classes everyone was where they had placed down as their top preference.

In response to the question about preferences - at my interview this year they told me that there were a few people who didn't initially get their choice, but by the second week of classes everyone was where they had placed down as their top preference.

hmmm...that's interesting, since no one showed up in Temple who wasn't there for orientation, and no one left.:rolleyes: I guess they simply convinced people what their preferences should have been!:)

hmmm...that's interesting, since no one showed up in Temple who wasn't there for orientation, and no one left.:rolleyes: I guess they simply convinced people what their preferences should have been!:)

haha - wow that's funny. She said that in response to the question about preferences. Weird. =P

Congrats to the new acceptees! You'll love it here. Temple is not such a bad place, and you won't have a whole lot of free time anyway. The facilities we have (as you've seen) are awesome and you couldn't ask for a more convenient place to learn than right at the hospital, as the IMED faculty will take us rounding every week, etc.

Again, congratulations! Feel free to PM me or cpa2MD (even though we should be studying for an anatomy test we have tomorrow) with any questions you may have. I couldn't imagine being happier elsewhere.

This was in regards to 2+2 or 4 in CS. Some people did not want 4 in CS and they were able to get 2+2 in the end. Demand for Temple was low the last 2 years, but I would imagine it will be the the same as CS, or even higher, now that it is all some people see. Either way its the same education.

JMPeffer and I are current second year students (I am going to Temple next year and he is staying in CS) who browse more than post, but you are welcome to PM or post questions for us.

Congrats.

Congrats! I also received my acceptance yesterday. I am already 100% set on 4 years in Temple. I loved their facilities and already have a few faculty connections that I would like to keep up.
Did you happen to interview in late September and sit at a table with some guy who told you he thought Pepperdine was in NY?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha. I interviewed on the same date as you and I do recall someone talking about Pepperdine being in New York.

I like this thread. AggieSean and I agree more should be posted within. :luck: and congratulations.

mulliewins needs to come back on here and tells us about all the wonderful things we should be expecting.

mulliewins needs to come back on here and tells us about all the wonderful things we should be expecting.

You no like me?

funny-dog-pictures-pug-has-sad.jpg

I Got In!!!!!!

Not only did I shoot a nice 10-pt buck this morning, but I got home to the best e-mail I have ever received. Good job everybody else who got in. For those of you who haven't heard anything yet, I hear they send out acceptances every two weeks

:D i'm buying myself a shirt tomorrow.

where can you get A&M Med School shirts? I asked at the undergrad bookstore and they had none.

If you guys are serious, the first year class is about to sell some. When they release the info I will post on here and tell you how to order.

Congrats on your acceptances.

where can you get A&M Med School shirts? I asked at the undergrad bookstore and they had none.

well i'm just gonna get a regular a&m shirt first. :) i'm happy sporting aggie pride in any way possible.

question:

how likely do you think it is i'll get the option to spend all 4 years in college station?

another option is spending 2+2 in college station & round rock or temple, but i suppose a personal preference is staying as close to family as possible.

edit. (i should read the rest of the thread first) it seems that preferences are pretty much split b/w CS & temple. but, of course, any extra comments regarding this are welcome!

Last edited:
question:

how likely do you think it is i'll get the option to spend all 4 years in college station?

another option is spending 2+2 in college station & round rock or temple, but i suppose a personal preference is staying as close to family as possible.

You should be able to get whatever you want. Just make sure to mention you want to be near family and they will give you preference.

Thank you mulliewins for all your help throughout this process! See ya in Texas A&M!

Congratulations to all three of you on the pre-match.:thumbup:
What a relief it is. What are your preferences, I see 4 yrs in Temple on my horizon.

I'm definitely thinking 2+2. I was a big rock climber in college, and the prospect of having a free climbing wall again right down the street is making me salivate... mmm... figure 4's... The only climbing wall in Fort Worth is at TCU, and you have to buy a full gym membership.

Anyway, I think having the clinical experience at S&W would be invaluable. Thus, 2+2. And I don't have a family or wifey or anything, so picking up and moving wouldn't be too much of an issue.

*SO* excited.

i got my pre-match yesterday!! i'm going to a&m!!! i definitely want to do 4 years in temple. i really liked s&w and it's slightly closer to family. i'm so excited!! :D

Congrats everyone! A year ago today is when I got the news.:)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. For those of you who haven't figured it out, I'm a nontrad mom in Temple. For those of you who've heard my story a hundred times, it's doable!!

Oh, and Mullie...that 6 year-old fell off his trike and broke his ethmoid again. Made me laugh out loud. (Sorry, Sean, you jumped about a foot when I did it!!):laugh::laugh:

I received a prematch offer yesterday as well!!!
Nontrad and my son will be living in Dallas, so I'd be leaning toward Temple. When I interviewed, I went to CS, so I'll probably end up making a trip to Temple to check it out.

Nontrad and my son will be living in Dallas, so I'd be leaning toward Temple. When I interviewed, I went to CS, so I'll probably end up making a trip to Temple to check it out.

Do that! It will be worth your while. Also, last December they had an event called "Round the Wards". It was going on rounds with the doctors, followed by lunch in Temple. It was a nice second-look type of thing, and very helpful.

Congrats!

i got my pre-match yesterday!! i'm going to a&m!!! i definitely want to do 4 years in temple. i really liked s&w and it's slightly closer to family. i'm so excited!! :D

hey future classmate :)

If you can, try to make sure you get to see the Sim center! When I went, they told me to show up at 4:30. Since it was so late, I thought the interviewees would all be gone by then and we'd get our own tour of all the facilities, but instead we ended up just tagging along with the last part of the interviewee tour.

I've heard nothing but incredible, wonderful things about the sim center, so I was really disappointed when I didn't get to see it. Make the point that you want to take a look at it when you go to the second look, so they can give you a better time slot to show up.

If you can, try to make sure you get to see the Sim center! When I went, they told me to show up at 4:30. Since it was so late, I thought the interviewees would all be gone by then and we'd get our own tour of all the facilities, but instead we ended up just tagging along with the last part of the interviewee tour.

I've heard nothing but incredible, wonderful things about the sim center, so I was really disappointed when I didn't get to see it. Make the point that you want to take a look at it when you go to the second look, so they can give you a better time slot to show up.

sim center in temple = awesomeness. it's one of the biggest reasons why i really liked temple:love:

Now that some of us are in, here's this:

20081115.gif

O_O thank you for introducing me to these comics.

So as a gift to myself for getting in I bought myself a new laptop today. I did this not knowing that A&M prefers tablet PCs which I hate (i've had one before and worked with them....can't stand them). Do I really have to go return my nice new laptop and get a tablet? :(

i know this is rather premature....but not gonna lie, i'm really excited and i always plan for things ridiculously early. lol. :D

So as a gift to myself for getting in I bought myself a new laptop today. I did this not knowing that A&M prefers tablet PCs which I hate (i've had one before and worked with them....can't stand them). Do I really have to go return my nice new laptop and get a tablet? :(

i know this is rather premature....but not gonna lie, i'm really excited and i always plan for things ridiculously early. lol. :D

Depends on who you talk to. They told us we HAD to have tablets, but not everyone does, and in fact, some people have Macs. I personally have come to love my tablet, but truth be told, you're probably ok.

Ignore anything IT tells you.

haha me too.

i actually have a mac, so getting a PC might be a good thing. PC tablets, though, are a little more money than i was hoping to spend.

i guess i'll just spend more time thinking through this decision. but yeah, i'm super excited. :D

mullie-

do you know how much a&m plans on increasing their class size over the next few years?

mullie-

do you know how much a&m plans on increasing their class size over the next few years?

They said 170 this year, but it will probably be less (not including repeaters and MDPhD). A lot of the state funding will go towards fixing UTMB, so class sizes likely won't increase as projected. I would bet it stays around 160 until the new campus is built in 2010.

They said 170 this year, but it will probably be less (not including repeaters and MDPhD). A lot of the state funding will go towards fixing UTMB, so class sizes likely won't increase as projected. I would bet it stays around 160 until the new campus is built in 2010.

well that's still pretty cool i think. edit. the new campus is going to be in bryan, right?

i remember filo mentioning increasing the sizes of temple & round rock.. do you know much more about that?

Last edited:
So is the new campus going to be started or finished for anyone in c/o 2013? Or neither? I remember them mentioning this in the presentation, but I think I remember them saying it wouldn't be ready for us. Pretty sure I would've remembered something like that.