Texas A&M Accepted for Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for the subject change, but step1 scores came back today for my class. To give you an idea of the step 1 prep you will be getting, only 1 of 8 scores I've heard so far was BELOW 240 with a high of 269.

Sweet. :thumbup:

Mulls and other Temple people: is Centrovision/VVM my only real option for cable and/or internet access at home?

Members don't see this ad.

Sweet. :thumbup:

Mulls and other Temple people: is Centrovision/VVM my only real option for cable and/or internet access at home?

I've never heard of Centrovision or VVM, but i'm not from temple. I looked up centrovision on google..and this is the website i fould: http://www.centrovision.net/.

I got the name of a guy for Time Warner from my apartment. After talking to him, it seems like he specializes in Cable TV/Internet for apartments.

His name is James and number is 254.681.6774 if anyone's interested.

I've never heard of Centrovision or VVM, but i'm not from temple. I looked up centrovision on google..and this is the website i fould: http://www.centrovision.net/.

I got the name of a guy for Time Warner from my apartment. After talking to him, it seems like he specializes in Cable TV/Internet for apartments.

His name is James and number is 254.681.6774 if anyone's interested.

Wow, antiquated site they've got / are not maintaining. I was going off this site: http://www.vvm.com/ (they sent me the Centrovision price list and channel listing from there).

Didn't think TW serviced Temple...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, antiquated site they've got / are not maintaining. I was going off this site: http://www.vvm.com/ (they sent me the Centrovision price list and channel listing from there).

Didn't think TW serviced Temple...

I know for sure that TW services Temple/Belton area. Cant vouch that the price will be lower than the local ones tho.

I know for sure that TW services Temple/Belton area. Cant vouch that the price will be lower than the local ones tho.

They do, but I wouldn't know anything about it. My wife and I are exceedingly cheap. :D

Congrats on the Step 1 success Mullie. I'm sure you nailed it.

My bf also lives in Temple and he has TW. But Chappell Hill is only wired for Centrovision...so I'm stuck with sub par digital cable :(

I got the HD cable with HD DVR (a must for football season, right?). And I did the $40 internet.

yay for football season! my boyfriend got me addicted to it last season with fantasy football. it also helps that i have a major crush on peyton manning :D i love watching the games in HD! hehehehe

I got the HD cable with HD DVR (a must for football season, right?). And I did the $40 internet.

yay for football season! my boyfriend got me addicted to it last season with fantasy football. it also helps that i have a major crush on peyton manning :D i love watching the games in HD! hehehehe

I think you two ladies enjoy the games more than I do, and I'm a guy -- I'm supposed to do that. :laugh:

Soccer, on the other hand...

I think you two ladies enjoy the games more than I do, and I'm a guy -- I'm supposed to do that. :laugh:

Soccer, on the other hand...

Hahaha yeah. I actually was more of a baseball person, but dating a Cowboys fan for three and a half years will do that to you...

:thumbup:

I'm seriously jonesing for some football now. I don't care how disappointing both of my teams (Aggies, Cowboys) were last year, I'm ready to have my heart broken again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of ya'll checked your parking assignment yet? I got my seventh choice and am on the waitlist for all the other spots :(

Have any of ya'll checked your parking assignment yet? I got my seventh choice and am on the waitlist for all the other spots :(

oh man :( which lot did you get? i ended up with lot 074, but i listed that as first choice.

lot 100, hopefully i get something off of the wait list

I wrote this lymerick (sp?) on a friend's wall and felt it deserved to be posted here:

There was a young man from Texas
Who'd soon stuff full his nerve plexus
With medical school
Until he would drool
Ridiculous info in excess!

Anyone else feel like they're on the big uphill climb on the Texas Giant?

I wrote this lymerick (sp?) on a friend's wall and felt it deserved to be posted here:

There was a young man from Texas
Who'd soon stuff full his nerve plexus
With medical school
Until he would drool
Ridiculous info in excess!

Anyone else feel like they're on the big uphill climb on the Texas Giant?

Don't worry. Like I said earlier, adcoms are very good about picking people who will be successful in this ordeal. Now that you're in, the school has a vested interest in seeing you through. The nervousness and anxiety is understandable. You'll be fine, though!

Relax and read some stuff I wrote about patients that abuse the emergency room:

Narc Seeker
There once was a patient named Paul
Who wanted some more Demerol
When to his surprise
He saw with his eyes
An Rx that read "Tramadol"

The MRSA Spider
A big spider bite on my leg
Is inflamed and it's turning quite red
One trip to the ER
Then said the doctor
"You should bathe (at least) twice a week before bed!"

Now some haikus

Parents
Little Johnny's sick
Mom is convinced that it's AIDS
It's just a cough, dope

Chronic Pain
Knee pain, oh so fat
Gimme some mo' dat mofeen
Now she's an addict

SDN Internets
Fight on SDN
Be an internet tough guy
Forget rough childhood

Last edited:
Hi,
Sorry if I missed this but do we need to have XP or Vista in particular to be able to run the testing program? Also, I found Microsoft OneNote 2003 for free online but does anyone know if this version will be okay or is it worth it to invest in a newer edition? Thanks!

sucks, i think i missed the bcs get together since im not gonna move in until this upcoming sunday. hope i didnt miss out on all the fun :oops: could use a beer or two or six to help ease the nervousness

Hi,
Sorry if I missed this but do we need to have XP or Vista in particular to be able to run the testing program? Also, I found Microsoft OneNote 2003 for free online but does anyone know if this version will be okay or is it worth it to invest in a newer edition? Thanks!

I think either is fine, but XP tends to have fewer problems. OneNote 2003 should do what you want it to do. If it doesn't, then investigate an upgrade.

Hi guys...I am a third year student here at A&M and I had some books to sell if you are interested. They might prove to be useful for some of you guys during the coursework of first and second years. I am in Temple at Chappell Hill apartments which is next to a lot of you guys.

• BRS Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 4th edition - used, with underlining and some writing - $20
  • Mark's Basic Medical Biochemistry (2nd edition) - used - $5
  • Atlas of Human Skull - completely new and still shrink-wrapped - $25
  • Rapid Review Pathology by Goljan - like new - $30
  • Langman's Embryology - like new - $25
  • High Yield Neuro - like new - $20
  • Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple (edition 4) - like new - $25
  • Microcards (by Harpavat) - like new, some of the bacteria cards have highlighting - $25
  • First Aid for Step 1 2007 (taken out of binding and hole punched) - good condition - $10
  • First Aid for Step 1 2008 (taken out of binding and hole punched) - good condition - $15
Free books that I will give to anyone who decides to buy any of the above:
NMS Clincal Anatomy (3rd edition)
Clinical Studies in Medical Biochem (2nd edition)

If anyone has any questions about the first two years or Step 1 or what to expect feel free to message me.

I will say that I am glad I went to A&M for the first two years and that they do a damn good job of preparing you for the Step 1 if you work hard in the first two years. We just got our scores back and I can say that the best thing that you can do is to do well in your classes! Best of luck.

Not sure, actually. Still getting things unpacked and all that... feels like the stack of boxes never gets smaller!

Wrong answer. ;)

Wrong answer. ;)

Bah! How did it go / was it well-attended? Want to say that I saw quite a few maybe or no responses on FB.

On the bright side, my place has come together nicely pre-orientation... seeing a stack of (finally) empty, unpacked boxes soothes my soul. :)

i think i left my schedule in CS. what time does the orientation start on monday? until when? what building? mucho gracias! :oops:

i think i left my schedule in CS. what time does the orientation start on monday? until when? what building? mucho gracias! :oops:

For Temple, it's apparently 7:30 (or 7:15, which is what I have on my calendar) at the S&W Medical Education Center, whichever building on the side of the hospital that is.

For Temple, it's apparently 7:30 (or 7:15, which is what I have on my calendar) at the S&W Medical Education Center, whichever building on the side of the hospital that is.

LOL I'm pretty sure it's the building we went to for interviews...if you interviewed in Temple...If you're coming down 31st towards the Loop, there's a sign that says TAMHSC College of Medicine pointing to the left.

LOL I'm pretty sure it's the building we went to for interviews...if you interviewed in Temple...If you're coming down 31st towards the Loop, there's a sign that says TAMHSC College of Medicine pointing to the left.

I didn't interview in Temple. :) It IS one of those buildings on the side of S&W, right? I have no idea where I'm going tomorrow.

I didn't interview in Temple. :) It IS one of those buildings on the side of S&W, right? I have no idea where I'm going tomorrow.

yea...it's on the side of S&W. I doubt you'll miss it though. I think A&M only has 2 buildings, one of them the education building and the other the Medical Research building.

yea...it's on the side of S&W. I doubt you'll miss it though. I think A&M only has 2 buildings, one of them the education building and the other the Medical Research building.

I figured I'd just look for all the suits. :laugh:

Is the med research building the one that's set off to the side (not connected to S&W) on the right side of that driveway?

Is the med research building the one that's set off to the side (not connected to S&W) on the right side of that driveway?

I think so. I was surprised we didn't get instructions on parking or something like that...

Templeites, here is what to look for:

I'm going to give directions assuming you are coming from the south (from 31st street going over the loop).

As you go down 31st street having crossed the loop, take the first right that you can onto the Scott & White campus. You'll go through some stop signs. Be on the lookout for the ER and the helipad on your left. Once you see the helipad, look to the right and you'll see a white stone 4-story building. That's the building you want, also known as TAMU2. One thing you'll quickly learn is that parking at the hospital will typically require a decent amount of walking. It's actually not that bad, but don't think you'll get a spot close to the building unless you show up REALLY early (like 5 or 6 in the morning).

I look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow. Get excited! You're about to start medical school! This is what you've been waiting for, right?

Correct, it is not attached to the hospital at all. The med research building is the one you can see from the loop with the block letters that say "Texas A&M Health Science Center: College of Medicine." It is where you will have anatomy, histology, and neuroscience labs.

Templeites, here is what to look for:

I'm going to give directions assuming you are coming from the south (from 31st street going over the loop).

As you go down 31st street having crossed the loop, take the first right that you can onto the Scott & White campus. You'll go through some stop signs. Be on the lookout for the ER and the helipad on your left. Once you see the helipad, look to the right and you'll see a white stone 4-story building. That's the building you want, also known as TAMU2. One thing you'll quickly learn is that parking at the hospital will typically require a decent amount of walking. It's actually not that bad, but don't think you'll get a spot close to the building unless you show up REALLY early (like 5 or 6 in the morning).

I look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow. Get excited! You're about to start medical school! This is what you've been waiting for, right?

So it doesn't really matter where we park?

So it doesn't really matter where we park?

No, parking is first-come, first-served. ;) Most of the students end up parking in the lot on the southeast corner of the campus, as the rest fills up pretty quickly on weekday mornings. If all else fails, you can always park behind the Medical Research Building (MRB). Tomorrow should be no sweat, but on days with 10:00 classes, it can be full.

so on the schedule they gave us for orientation week, it says the first day is 730-4 :scared:. however, i wanna know what "1-4pm Sessions" mean. i have a few things i need to wrap up in houston during working hours but it seems we're having these "sessions" throughout the week, from sun up to the end of the working day. any ms1s or ms2s know that this is about? thanks

so on the schedule they gave us for orientation week, it says the first day is 730-4 :scared:. however, i wanna know what "1-4pm Sessions" mean. i have a few things i need to wrap up in houston during working hours but it seems we're having these "sessions" throughout the week, from sun up to the end of the working day. any ms1s or ms2s know that this is about? thanks

You'll get a better feel for it tomorrow when they give you the real schedule, but I know one of them tomorrow is a meet-and-greet kind of session with M2s. You should be able to get out of one afternoon without problems.

Get a good night's sleep tonight, everyone. :sleep: Tomorrow will be a hurry-up and wait kind of day!! Good luck:luck:, even though the real fun won't start for a few days!!;)

p.s. I've failed at my first task of the year! The Temple M1s don't have mailboxes assigned just yet. I loved that mine had an invitiation in it to an event this evening...

So I got my loan refund. Am I to assume that the school already took the money out for tuition?

wait wait wait.... the refund is in your bank account already?

and it happened on a saturday?! man i want money now :( when did you get the email that you got the refund (mentioning something about EFT and 1-2 business days)

edit, any of your classmates get their refund?

Last edited: