Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
persianrug said:
but there have already been some ppl on the high priority waitlist who have been offered acceptances this year.......so that means that even if they rank the post-bacs before the high priority, they've already passed that point. so i don't think you need to worry about hte post-bacs now.

Well that is what Dr. T. told me. I know that some of the hp wl people were accepted earlier, so I don't understand exactly why they were put ahead of the post-bacc people, unless they were part of the post-bacc group? It is also possible that they are doing admissions differently this year. I know it is a different experience every year because the applicant numbers and spaces change. I can't even imagine how miserable it must be to work in admissions. Can you imagine reading 1000 personal statements?! Not to mention having people like me call and email and bug you constantly (times 200 or so other students probably). No thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

hmm interesting .....i applied linkage last year and we found out a week after our mcat scores came in (which was like mid june of last year), whether we'd been accepted or not to RWJ. by this point (july), almost all of the linkage applicants should have already been told whether they were accepted or not. they should already have decided on the post-bacc linkage applicants by now, offered them their spots if they did well enough on the mcats, and should have already moved on to the waitlist if they still have more spots. if they still haven't admitted the linkage applicants by now, then they must be doing things differently this year.

oh btw, for housing, i highly recommend living close to George St. There are bars, restaurants and other stores there, very convenient, and also it's close to the train station to NYC. This is very convenient because you can just walk to the station rather than having to take a cab or drive there and worry about parking.

I live in Riverwatch, and i love it! It's only 7 minutes from campus, but there is more to do (imho) around this side of the river versus society hill or piscataway, which is like dead. When our class goes out to Harvest Moon or Old Bay for instance after exams are over, I don't have to worry about cabs or designated drivers- I'm just a 5 min walk from the bars. I also live right across the street from what has been rated one of the best restaurants in central new jersey. I'm used to living in nyc so i love living very close to restaurants and bars, etc.

marimiyaz said:
hmm interesting .....i applied linkage last year and we found out a week after our mcat scores came in (which was like mid june of last year), whether we'd been accepted or not to RWJ.

Oh this makes sense. So if mid-June is when the linkage people hear, they just heard a few weeks ago, which means a bunch of them will be added to this August class. Wow this linkage system seems like an amazing deal. You get to start med school the same year you apply!

Members don't see this ad :)
SalseraDoctora said:
Oh this makes sense. So if mid-June is when the linkage people hear, they just heard a few weeks ago, which means a bunch of them will be added to this August class. Wow this linkage system seems like an amazing deal. You get to start med school the same year you apply!

yeah, it's a great deal if you know what school you want to go to. i knew i wanted to go to rwj b/c my bf is down in princeton for grad school.

the main reason some of my classmates opted not to do linkage is they wanted more options (to see where they got in). linkage is a binding agreement- kind of like early decision for undergraduate school. that is, atleast at my school, if you decided to do linkage with a school, and they accepted you (once your mcat scores were in), you HAD to go to that school, or else the deans would renege on your committe letter of recommendation.

I am pretty sure that there are no more linkage students. I recently called the office and asked if there was anyone ahead of the hp wailisters. I was told no... the people left on the hp list are next in line. I also heard that there are not too many people left on the hp list. I thought this was good news! However, I have also heard that the waitlist is moving very slowly. This worries me a little. Usually all the HP listers get in, but that might not happen if things don't start moving. Come on movement :)

less than a month until we know for sure!

R*ckstar said:
I am pretty sure that there are no more linkage students. I recently called the office and asked if there was anyone ahead of the hp wailisters. I was told no... the people left on the hp list are next in line. I also heard that there are not too many people left on the hp list. I thought this was good news! However, I have also heard that the waitlist is moving very slowly. This worries me a little. Usually all the HP listers get in, but that might not happen if things don't start moving. Come on movement :)

less than a month until we know for sure!

When did you call?

I also was told post bac linkage people were next in line - I was told this via email 6/26/06. When did you speak to the office?

The whole thing seems crazy. I can't imagine trying to predict how many post bacs that you would need to offer seats to this late in the game. It doesn't make sense that they have proceeded this way. Does anyone know of movement on other waitlists ? I have tried to look at other threads - this is the key to us getting in - other lists need to move as well!

SalseraDoctora said:
When did you call?

the thread of miracles actually seems more active than it has been in weeks...maybe thats a good sign :confused:

NjGirl said:
the thread of miracles actually seems more active than it has been in weeks...maybe thats a good sign :confused:

here's my 2 cents in hopes of clearing the fuss up:

HPWL students are next. i talked to kramer 2 days ago. there are surprisingly a good number (i approximate about 15) that are still on high priority waiting. just on this SDN thread alone, i already count 8 (including myself) HP waitlisted people waiting.

this year is unusual because in the past 3 years, almost every single HP waitlisted person has gotten off the waitlist.... and that was before june 15 in each year.

Yeah - the Hopkins and UCSF waitlists are moving this week - this is good - I will check the miracle list as well.

theunderdog said:
here's my 2 cents in hopes of clearing the fuss up:

HPWL students are next. i talked to kramer 2 days ago. there are surprisingly a good number (i approximate about 15) that are still on high priority waiting. just on this SDN thread alone, i already count 8 (including myself) HP waitlisted people waiting.

this year is unusual because in the past 3 years, almost every single HP waitlisted person has gotten off the waitlist.... and that was before june 15 in each year.

SalseraDoctora said:
She did not in so many words say that there was no hope for us. Definitely she is always very upbeat, but my impression was not to hold my breath at all. With less than a month to go and a whole list of pre-approved post-baccs who will be offered spaces before any of us on the hpwl, I don't know how there is any real chance for us. She asked me whether I had any other acceptances or waitlists (not a good sign, I think, when the dean of admissions asks you whether you have any hope of attending another school). So she was extremely nice and supportive but definitely honest about where things stand now, which is that there is a whole group of people who have been offered acceptances already but for whom she does not have spots now, and then people like me are after that group. Sounds pretty unlikely. :(

Her asking about other acceptances is not necessarily a bad thing. Dr. T told me that there is usually quite a bit of movement the last week. I'm totally speculating here...but when they wanna fill the class last minute, it makes sense that they may not want to call people who are already settling in at another school since that person would probably not attend anyway. Someone with no acceptances is going to jump to go to RWJ even if it requires moving in a few days.

jingles said:
Yeah - the Hopkins and UCSF waitlists are moving this week - this is good - I will check the miracle list as well.

what's the miracle list?

Tiki said:
Her asking about other acceptances is not necessarily a bad thing. Dr. T told me that there is usually quite a bit of movement the last week. I'm totally speculating here...but when they wanna fill the class last minute, it makes sense that they may not want to call people who are already settling in at another school since that person would probably not attend anyway. Someone with no acceptances is going to jump to go to RWJ even if it requires moving in a few days.

i specifically asked this question to kramer when i spoke with her 2 days ago. she said the high priority list is ranked. nothing can change that rank. even if you send in your grades from the semester that just finished. your rank has already been decided based on your complete application up until the day you got put on that HP waitlist.

so when it comes down to the final days, they still go down the list one by one. they don't skip around to see who didnt get into a med school yet. she told me it's fair that they just go down the list. there's an order to it and when your time comes, she or Dr.T will call.

Members don't see this ad :)
persianrug said:
what's the miracle list?

thank god hopkins and ucsf lists are moving. i know at least 6 people have gotten off the rwj HP list. and those are the ones reported on SDN....

hey everyone. congrats on school. i have 2 more years left till i finally graduate. i been in piscataway the past 2 years. if anyone is looking for a room or apartment let me know.

i have a 3 bedroom apartment in piscataway right by robertwood (2 miles from campus) right off river road. also, im very clean and never leave dishes in the sink or garbage around etc. just let me know if you are interested because i know RWJMS doesnt have it's own offcampus housing website.

Tiki said:
Yes, I was admitted two days before classes started. I had pretty much given up hope of being admitted, and then Dr. T called. Happiest day of my life. :)

Thanks for the comprehensive post, Tiki (which I obviously didn't quote all of here). Is the first day of classes considered to be the 1st day of orientation? I'm starting to plan a party for that day, just in case (RWJ is the only place I'm waitlisted, with no other acceptances, unfortunately). Thanks!

Last edited:
Looking for a male roommate for a 2 bdrm apt in Society Hill... if anyone is interested, PM me!

wow - it is so quite on this site!

jingles said:
wow - it is so quite on this site!

i find it surprising that the waitlist here isn't moving that much, because i know that the lists at other schools are moving.........

personally I think something is very wrong here - I really think that they overaccepted this year big time . . . it is the only theory that really makes sense - I think this happened b/c of the increase in class size.

persianrug said:
i find it surprising that the waitlist here isn't moving that much, because i know that the lists at other schools are moving.........

There might be movement, but because the linkage people are getting in now and not those of us on the hpwl, we don't see it here. Sadly :(

roca88 said:
billy1343 said:
1st day of orientation=August 4
1st day of classes= August 14

as far as being admitted, i think you have to be notified of an acceptance up until and including August 4. after that, they don't take anyone (i believe). it's either that day or August 14 as the last day they'll take ppl, but i'm not 100% sure...maybe Tiki can answer for sure. good luck.

Anyone know for sure?

billy1343 said:
roca88 said:
Anyone know for sure?

I called the Admission's office to find out about first day of classes, and the lady said that the first day of orientation is considered the first day of "classes". She said classes start the monday following the White coat ceremony (aka the 14th).

I hope that helps

SalseraDoctora said:
There might be movement, but because the linkage people are getting in now and not those of us on the hpwl, we don't see it here. Sadly :(

There is no one ahead of the people on the HP list. I called last week, and I was told that the HP people are indeed the first in line. There just has not been any movement.

R*ckstar said:
There is no one ahead of the people on the HP list. I called last week, and I was told that the HP people are indeed the first in line. There just has not been any movement.

maybe somebody will hear tomorrow - I am hoping for all of us!!

billy1343 said:
roca88 said:
Anyone know for sure?

I was told that the last day we could hear something is August 4th.

What is the miracle list? Would someone attach the link? Thank you :)

Hey everyone, I am new to the site but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about living in Harrison Towers on Easton Ave??

rparekh03 said:
Hey everyone, I am new to the site but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about living in Harrison Towers on Easton Ave??

bad idea. stay out of new brunswick. the traffic is really bad. during the school year it gets bad as well. you are best to live in piscataway. route 18 has rediculous amounts of traffic in the morning as well. new brunswick is a really ****ty place.

workinhard said:
bad idea. stay out of new brunswick. the traffic is really bad. during the school year it gets bad as well. you are best to live in piscataway. route 18 has rediculous amounts of traffic in the morning as well. new brunswick is a really ****ty place.

Second that. Look for something closer to school because the morning traffic is crazy.

Last edited:
workinhard said:

Well I think you can still live in NB without hitting the Rt 18 traffic. I timed myself from the colony house to the med school, and it took about 7 minutes. I didnt go on 18. Granted, the colony house is very close to piscataway, but I feel there are other places in NB that will not make you hit traffic.

I spoke to Meryle Kramer on Friday, 7/14. She said things have been incredibly slow. They only had one withdrawl last week as well as a call from a school that would be offering an acceptance to somebody who is already enrolled at RWJ. She said to check back this week - that I still had a chance being on the HP list, but there were still a few people ahead of me. She didn't sound optimistic, but was extremely nice. She said that the Admissions office feels horribly about how slow things have been moving. In previous years they had already made it through the HP list and onto the second tier by now.

Doesn't sound very hopeful. I have pretty much given up.

Well thanks for telling us. At least we know now. Too bad :(

Just curious,

anyone hear anything from financial aid recently? I submitted my MPN, but havent heard anything since. This financial thing is really stressing me out. :mad:

Last edited:
roca88 said:
Hi bepony,

i signed the promissory a few weeks ago too, and it said that loan disbursement would begin july 25. you did the e-sig thing online i'm assuming right? cause i did that, it went through, and the disbursement is to be then. hope that helps and you're able to not be so stressed and enjoy the last couple weeks of freedom.

ps-how was your trip?

Thanks. Did you log in and check your status. I may have already forgotten my password. ooops.

Maui was AMAZING!!! Honestly, it is so beautiful there. I did so many great things during the week and really relaxed on the beach and by the pool. Too bad this may be the last real vacation for some time. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

does anyone know how many people are left on the high priority waitlist?

2010orBust said:
does anyone know how many people are left on the high priority waitlist?

i doubt anyone would be able to get a specific number from the office, but i think there are still quite a few......there are at least 4 or 5 that i am counting on the forum, and then who knows how many others who dont post/visit this place.

i called the office today. they said that the waitlist has been pretty stable and they're not optimistic. looks like its georgetown smp for me.

In terms of the HP waitlist, count me in as one. The office gave me my official "number" or rank on the waitlist. So I am still waiting for some people to hopefully drop out. It sucks knowing the number in some ways.

It would really help me (and all of us out there waiting I think) if everyone who is reading this would post is they are on the HP waiting list. Then we all could have a better idea.

MrStillHopeful said:
It would really help me (and all of us out there waiting I think) if everyone who is reading this would post is they are on the HP waiting list. Then we all could have a better idea.
I don't understand. If you already know your number on the waitlist, why do you need people to tell you that they're on the waitlist? So you can systematically eliminate them from contention?

Also, it appears that you can call and find out your rank on the waitlist. That is much more helpful than trying to speculate from the number of posters on SDN.

Good luck to you all, I hope to see some of you on August 4th.

chiggachu said:
I don't understand. If you already know your number on the waitlist, why do you need people to tell you that they're on the waitlist? So you can systematically eliminate them from contention?

Also, it appears that you can call and find out your rank on the waitlist. That is much more helpful than trying to speculate from the number of posters on SDN.

Good luck to you all, I hope to see some of you on August 4th.

Really? Somebody was able to find out their exact spot on the waitlist? Who did you talk to?

SalseraDoctora said:
Yay I am totally going to call then. Thanks :)

let us know if you have any luck or are able to figure out how many ppl are left on the hp list.

persianrug said:
let us know if you have any luck or are able to figure out how many ppl are left on the hp list.

Definitely I will pass on anything I find out :)

I asked Meryle directly what my number was, and she told me that she does not like to tell people. I am HP and was also told that there are a "handful" of people left on the HP list. I have pretty much given up on RWJ.

R*ckstar said:
I asked Meryle directly what my number was, and she told me that she does not like to tell people. I am HP and was also told that there are a "handful" of people left on the HP list. I have pretty much given up on RWJ.

i heard you got into drexel though...at least your cup is half full!

congrats! =)