Quinnipiac (Netter) Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFizition

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As you guys may already know there is a Facebook group for accepted students. But I thought a forum primarily for matriculating students would be nice to. It'll give us a chance to socialize and talk about rooming/classes/pre-requirements/etc.

Congrats to this entering class!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for this! I will most likely be matriculating here- can't wait!

Thank you as well--super excited to matriculate! Heard most students live in TownWalk in Hamden, and the rest kinda spread between North Haven and New Haven in apartments/houses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joining in! Still waiting on interview results, so not sure if I'm going here for sure, but excited to be part of this thread anyway :)

Reactions: 1 user
I heard housing near new haven is cheaper. It's probably a 10ish minute drive.

Does anyone know when we start getting out ID numbers, online access, and all that good stuff?

I guess we just wait for the registrar to send an email with that info. Also need it for financial aid, which the deadlines are March 1st, so I assume it'll happen soon.

Through a friend of a friend, I contacted a current student who says living in New Haven is generally where most students have been moving out to so might show up a couple weeks early to find a place through CL or something. Also, there was a google doc open last year on the fb group for finding roommates. Hope they do that again!

Yeah I'm hoping the Facebook group becomes more active once more people decide where to matriculate. Roommates and housing is definitely something I want to start thinking about.

Have you guys started booking travel for second look weekend?

Have you guys started booking travel for second look weekend?

I live in Boston so I'll just be driving down, haven't thought about hotels or anything. When I interviewed I just stayed with a friend who goes to UConn Med

I live nearby so I'll be driving. By the way, I'm not sure if admissions discussed this at any point with you guys but there's a new apartment complex very, very close to campus (like a 2 min drive/10 min walk). It's called Flat 520. I think you can google it. It's a bit expensive though, just above a grand monthly. But I think it's doable if you are sharing a room with someone.

I'll likely be getting an apartment so let me know if you find this interesting.

I live nearby so I'll be driving. By the way, I'm not sure if admissions discussed this at any point with you guys but there's a new apartment complex very, very close to campus (like a 2 min drive/10 min walk). It's called Flat 520. I think you can google it. It's a bit expensive though, just above a grand monthly. But I think it's doable if you are sharing a room with someone.

I'll likely be getting an apartment so let me know if you find this interesting.

They gave a page for interviewees on apartments within the area...I know that Flats 520 was on it! Dont know the merits between living there, or nearby in Hamden. But, that definitely is the closest complex to the school

They gave a page for interviewees on apartments within the area...I know that Flats 520 was on it! Don't know the merits between living there, or nearby in Hamden. But, that definitely is the closest complex to the school
Looking at the list of apartments admissions gave us and then cross-referencing it with online reviews, I have a feeling I'd be interested in staying at Flats 520. Some of the suggestions higher up on the list during interview day seem a bit dated and under kept. I just hope they don't get barraged with applicants, and if they do that I can get a decent space to split with somebody!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Facebook says the page for the class of 2020 doesn't exist even though I typed in the URL exactly as it appears on one of the letters that came in the acceptance packet. Is this happening to anyone else?

Do we have any idea when Second Look is going to start on the 15th? I'm supposed to be presenting my senior capstone sometime that week & don't want to schedule it too late Friday if the program starts early (although I'm kind of assuming it should be an evening start?)

Do we have any idea when Second Look is going to start on the 15th? I'm supposed to be presenting my senior capstone sometime that week & don't want to schedule it too late Friday if the program starts early (although I'm kind of assuming it should be an evening start?)

As far as I know they haven't provided any more information than the dates yet.

Last edited:
How do you know when second look is? My acceptance package didn't have any info on that... It also didn't have any info on the scholarships deadlines... I don't know if my package is missing anything.

How do you know when second look is? My acceptance package didn't have any info on that... It also didn't have any info on the scholarships deadlines... I don't know if my package is missing anything.

Scholarship deadlines should be on their website. As far as second look date, I received at email from the school about it back in January. It is also written on your acceptance offer online

Just got an email. " first official event will begin at 10:30 am on Friday, April 15"

So, in my acceptance packet they said I would be getting an email with my QStart login information. Has anyone received this yet?

Did you guys see the new cost of attendance? Fkin expensive!

So...are we supposed to do something with our completed AAMC immunization forms? I don't think there's any direction as to how to submit these

So...are we supposed to do something with our completed AAMC immunization forms? I don't think there's any direction as to how to submit these

In the next few weeks they'll provide a way to submit them online

Is anyone else getting an error when trying to set up their QStart?

Are you getting the "one or more values you entered do not match our records" message?
Yes. I was going to contact them today but then I realized that there is a time difference since I'm on the west coast :p

Yes. I was going to contact them today but then I realized that there is a time difference since I'm on the west coast :p

I had that error with chrome but I was able to do it on Microsoft edge

I was able to set up qstart but not my quinnipiac email.

Try to set up qstart in another browser. That worked for me

Unfortunately it's still not working for me :( I tried on Firefox too. Thanks though

Oh sorry :(. But I did figure out how to set up the email. If you need help with that part I might be able to help you.

Hope you figure your MyQ out soon :)

They sent an email today stating that they're working on it.

Last edited:
Oh sorry :(. But I did figure out how to set up the email. If you need help with that part I might be able to help you.

Hope you figure your MyQ out soon :)

I am having trouble setting up the email. How did you do it? Could not find the weather icon on MyQ either, where I think the email link should be, right? Thanks in advance.

I'm a current M1 student. For those that are interested in living in Town Walk for next year, they offer a referral program. It's usually $500 but I've seen it go up to $750. If you want to put my name down as your referral I'm willing to split the money with you. Feel free to message me for more details

Anyone hear back yet about prematriculation program?

Anyone hear back yet about prematriculation program?
Not yet, I am assuming they will not send out the acceptance to the program until later in May.

For financial aid, is anyone's total award is 67k, although the max COA is 79k? Just wondering.

Also, do we have to buy the blood pressure cuff? It is part of the COA but I don't see it listed in the list of the med equipment we need to get.

Thanks!

Not yet, I am assuming they will not send out the acceptance to the program until later in May.

For financial aid, is anyone's total award is 67k, although the max COA is 79k? Just wondering.

Also, do we have to buy the blood pressure cuff? It is part of the COA but I don't see it listed in the list of the med equipment we need to get.

Thanks!

Mine was much lower, mid 40k. They expect you to get the rest out of Grad Plus or private loans.

The blood pressure cuff is under the med equipment list (sphygmomanometer) as a "Highly Recommended" item.

Mine was much lower, mid 40k. They expect you to get the rest out of Grad Plus or private loans.

The blood pressure cuff is under the med equipment list (sphygmomanometer) as a "Highly Recommended" item.

Lol, thank you! Just saw the cuff in the highly recommended list. Didn't look much into that list. I'd guess I am submitting that whole list to my workplace as a wish list ;)

But do you guys think we could swing by with around 60k? I am fortunate to receive one of the scholarships, yet hesitate to take out a lot of loan.