Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Last edited:
roca88 said:
hey where's the action here? besides a few apparent lurkers coming out of the woodworks in recent weeks to make a post or 2 and posts about the waitlist, the thread has been kind of quiet.

things are gonna start in a week...who's ready??

lol, not me.

are you doing all the night activities?

Members don't see this ad :)
SalseraDoctora said:
I wish I were ready :(

are you planning on moving down to NY or did you move already? I recall you saying that you will be attending Downstate if RWJ doesnt come through.

silly_cupid_81 said:
For current students (or people already living there!)
any suggestions on cell phone carrier with best coverage for the piscataway/new brunswick area?

Just thought I'd pitch in here....

Get Verizon.

Pretty much any of the carriers will work in the area, as long you're outside. However, verizon is the only one that works when you are actually inside the Piscataway building (unless you enjoy spending all your time in awkward positions near windows).

I have T-Mobile, and I get great service when I walk out the door of the building, but when I'm within the walls.....forget about it.

Hey very-soon-to-be-classmates! :)

Re Fin Aid, all i've done recently is fill out the promissory note for Stafford. I've not recieved anything else in the mail of late. Am I missing anything? I got scholarships for college so I never had to take out loans before and so I get a little nervous when it comes to this stuff...

I am doing most of the evening activities during orientation...except for bowling night...I figure I won't be too social once classes start so may as well party / socialize while I get the chance!

ALSO, what are u guys bringing with u on the first day of orientation?

OMG only a few days away!!! I'm getting nervousss. :scared: :scared:

any waitlist movement news... losing hope :I
is it even possible to move last last minute

I think the waitlist is done for. We applied during an unlucky year I guess. Orientation begins at the end of this week. Too bad :(

Last minute movement can happen, but I do not think it will. I actually decided that RWJ was out once I got into to Drexel, so in the unlikely event that a seat opens up for me someone else can have it. Best of luck to everyone! Remember, *~everything happens for a reason~*

R*ckstar said:
Last minute movement can happen, but I do not think it will. I actually decided that RWJ was out once I got into to Drexel, so in the unlikely event that a seat opens up for me someone else can have it. Best of luck to everyone! Remember, *~everything happens for a reason~*

Are you on the HP waitlist?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
roca88 said:
What up everybody,

So today I went...and I was NOT the only one there, lol. It was so cool, Dr. Carman is going to be an awesome mentor for the upcoming year. We talked about the PCM. I really like the way this new course looks--I can't wait to start now!!!

awesome. sounds great. did you guys have to talk about your reflections for the HW assignment?

SalseraDoctora said:
I think the waitlist is done for. We applied during an unlucky year I guess. Orientation begins at the end of this week. Too bad :(

Agreed. In a typical year, most or all of us HPWL people would've been in by July. Yesterday, I was told by admissions that there's still a chance that a bunch of people will drop out at the end of the week, as often happens. Clearly, however, this isn't a typical year.

R*ckstar said:

r*ckstar, do you have any idea what number you were on the wait list? are you able to find out??
thanks!

Last edited:
where are we all meeting? and if you guys are driving and have no parking passes yet, where are you parking?

I called and they basically told me its a no for this year. In process of re-applying now. :( Any support? Very discouraged.

Last edited:
roca88 said:
http://rwjms.umdnj.edu/student_affairs/orientation/ScheduleforWebsite.htm

the whole week of orientation is listed there. take a look, silly_cupid. we meet at the Great Hall. there will definitely be signs. you should park in lot C, as usual.

fellow RWJ'ers--i'll see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Awwwww......first year naivete. How cute! (jk)

Unless you plan on getting there by 7:30 AM (which would be absurd since 8:00-8:30 is breakfast and check-in, and the actual program doesn't really start until 8:30), I don't think you'll have any luck with lot C. That lot fills up super-early in the mornings, so you probably will have to park across the street in lot A or B. Just make sure you DO NOT park in any space marked "reserved" or "guaranteed."

See you guys tomorrow. Maybe some of you might even be in my peer mentor group. Get excited for a fun week ahead!

Last edited:
roca88 said:
whatever you say sureshot, although this is hardly my "first year" at Robert Wood Johnson...lol, you don't even know. i've always been good in lot C.

maybe you could have contributed some useful info. as a 1st year throughout this thread, as i know i will next year for the new students. thanks for a rare, uninformative post from you. hopefully i'll get one of the good mentors out there. (weren't they supposed to screen out these types of people from the school? i guess they find a way to slip through :scared: )

see you all tomorrow bright and early class of 2010!

Dear esteemed colleague,

I would like to redirect your attention to the previous post. Note that the comment about "first year naivete" was meant solely as a joke, as I thought would be apparent to nearly everyone on the thread. I'm sure 75% of the first years have no idea where lot C even is. (Actually, I'd say that about 50% of the second years might not even know which one it is.) Anyway, I did understand there would be some people for whom it has not yet sunk in that he/she is no longer a pre-med, and is still in the paranoid "everyone is out to get me" mode, so I included the obligatory "jk" for further clarification. Yet, you seemed to take it seriously. Your lack of reading comprehension ability is quite startling. I thought the verbal section of the MCAT was supposed to screen out these people....but I guess they find a way to slip through!

Also, I would like to address your comment that I "could have contributed some useful info. as a 1st year throughout this thread." I would ask you to please click on page 1 of this very thread, and look at post #11. Guess who! I also offered insights throughout the rest of the thread, though I admit I slowed down posting when I had said pretty much all I had to say, and the main topics of discussion in the thread revolved around how the waitlist was (or rather, was not) moving. I didn't have any info on that, so there was really no need to say anything. By the way, if you really want to know how helpful I've been since the start of this thread, you can ask beponychick or mostwanted, as these are two of the people who actually took me up on my offer to PM me any questions about the school.

In closing, lighten up. Learn to take a joke from time to time. Otherwise, YOU will be the one who finds he/she doesn't fit in at Bobby Wood.

Best regards,
Sureshot83

PS - I'm sure most of you realize this, but in general, it is not an intelligent idea to storm into new surroundings and insult people. It doesn't make you look "cool," it is unprofessional, and people will tend not to like you. Also, it is often risky to insult people you don't know over the internet....you never actually know who they might turn out to be. Given that the second year class plays such a huge role in the running of basically every student club in the school, it would be quite imprudent to cross any of us for something as trivial as the fact that you couldn't take a joke.

Last edited:

Last edited:
roca88 said:
Congrats to everybody on getting through the first day!! Looks like we have an AWESOME Class of 2010. Hope a lot of ppl show up at this little party tonite, see you all there!

PS-To the waitlisters:

there appeared to be 1 person missing today, so hopefully all is will with him/her, but if that person is going somewhere else, maybe somebody got (or will get) a happy phone call soon...good luck!

that one missing person actually showed up. i spoke to him. :)

Last edited:
Congrats on starting!! First year will fly by.

who's roca88? i still havent met her yet? i met bephonychick tonight which has been a yearlong goal of mine.

NehsNairb said:
who's roca88? i still havent met her yet? i met bephonychick tonight which has been a yearlong goal of mine.

lol, im not bePHONYchick.... ;)

It was nice meeting you as well.

Last edited:

Last edited:
To those applying for 2011:

If you happen to be looking at this thread, I just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions at all about RWJ--about ANYTHING--that I'll try to answer what I can/point you in the direction of where you can get honest answers. Just go ahead and PM me, and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. (I'm sure some other regulars on here would probably offer the same, such as sureshot83, a 2nd year).

Having just gone through this incredibly annoying process, I know what it means to get some good advice from people. Good luck to you all!

Hi Roca, I appreciate the offer. I was looking for advice on choosing a clinical campus (I'm lucky enough to have already been accepted at RWJ!)... I tried posting here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=330436 in the allo forum, but didn't get many replies... If you or others could offer any perpsective on pros and cons of either New Brunswick or Camden campuses, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi guys!

I was recently accepted to RWJ (actually...its been like 2 weeks, and I still cant believe I got into med school! :laugh: ) Throughout the whole process of looking at schools, visiting, interviewing, etc, I always had the gut feeling that RWJ was my first choice. I came to the open house and the alternate winter break program last year and totally loved the school. However, before I make my final decision (its basically going to come down to rwj vs njms, i'm sure), I want to make sure that I'm definetly picking the right school for me. So...

How did you know that RWJ was absolutely the right place for you? What completely sold you on the school over anywhere else? It's a little bit of a hard choice for me partly because NJMS has a very strong connection to my undergrad institution (TCNJ), and I probably would wind up knowing 60-80 former TCNJ students at NJMS already, and thus be with many of my friends. However, I didnt get the "gut feeling" there.

Thoughts? :) Thanks!