Robert Wood Johnson - Class Of 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Everyone. Let us not lose hope. There is still two weeks right?

I'm trying to stay positive. I don't know if I'm just overly optimistic, but I have this feeling some more people will be able to get in - and I hope it is us people here on this thread!

Members don't see this ad.

MrStillHopeful said:
Hey Everyone. Let us not lose hope. There is still two weeks right?

I'm trying to stay positive. I don't know if I'm just overly optimistic, but I have this feeling some more people will be able to get in - and I hope it is us people here on this thread!
I will definitely keep hoping right up till the bitter end. I wasn't able to find out my exact number on the list, but it doesn't matter, apparently, because people ahead of you might drop off or not want to come last-minute anyway. So here is hoping for those of us who would drop everything the day before class starts and rush over to Piscataway

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
roca88 said:
ARGHH!

now they bumped that thing up to August 2...ok i guess i sound like a hypocrite now, but that's TOO EARLY! lol.

the thing is, i have a checkup appointment that day a little earlier before we're supposed to go...who thinks it's worth it for me to get there a little late? i'm thinking of just missing it since it's on them anyway for switching so last minute.

w/e the case may be, we should get august 9 off now..i might need a nice little break inbetween waking up every day for the 8-9 AM starts--i haven't woken up that early 2 days in a row since....high school?? lol.

Wait...what is bumped up to august 2?

roca88 said:
ARGHH!

now they bumped that thing up to August 2...ok i guess i sound like a hypocrite now, but that's TOO EARLY! lol.

the thing is, i have a checkup appointment that day a little earlier before we're supposed to go...who thinks it's worth it for me to get there a little late? i'm thinking of just missing it since it's on them anyway for switching so last minute.

w/e the case may be, we should get august 9 off now..i might need a nice little break inbetween waking up every day for the 8-9 AM starts--i haven't woken up that early 2 days in a row since....high school?? lol.

huh?

Still holding out hope.. I like and admire your optimism Salsera!

For everyones information, I called office and got no answers about movement. Tight lipped is the name of the game.

Is orientation moving up to the 2nd? So we only have until the 2nd?

MrStillHopeful said:
Still holding out hope.. I like and admire your optimism Salsera!

For everyones information, I called office and got no answers about movement. Tight lipped is the name of the game.

Is orientation moving up to the 2nd? So we only have until the 2nd?

i have not heard anything about the orientation moving up to the 2nd. I just checked the website and it still says the 4th. Roca??? Please help!

beponychick said:
i have not heard anything about the orientation moving up to the 2nd. I just checked the website and it still says the 4th. Roca??? Please help!

The easiest way to spark a riot is to tell premeds/med students information that they should know, but have not already found out themselves. :)

Chill, the answer will come! (until then, I'm religiously checking new posts to this thread).

Last edited:
roca88 said:
ok i thought of just seeing what ppl thought about my semi-dilemma, but apparently i started a flame war. CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!

ok, know how we were supposed to have that patient centered medicine lunch on august 9 according to the schedule? well that guy will be in england then, so he had to move it to august 2.

so august 2 at 12 PM, if you can make it they're supposed to have this lunch/"bonding" session, whatever that means. the rest of orientation will start as expected on august 4.

what i was saying was that i hoped because of this, we could now get august 9 off or something. still not sure if i should show up for the august 2 thing and run right after my appointment. probably will though.

regards, and sorry for spiking some of your BP's (and causing bepony's 4 simultaneous heart attacks).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys,
Has anyone received invitations to the RWJMS white coat ceremony or do we just tell friends and family about it via word of mouth?

NjGirl said:
i heard you got into drexel though...at least your cup is half full!

congrats! =)

Thank you! I am really excited about Drexel. It was strange, because they put me on some kind of continued review waitlisted on June 26th, and I completely gave up after waiting forever. Then they voted me in on July 7th... so I guess there is always still hope :) Good luck everyone!

R*ckstar said:
Thank you! I am really excited about Drexel. It was strange, because they put me on some kind of continued review waitlisted on June 26th, and I completely gave up after waiting forever. Then they voted me in on July 7th... so I guess there is always still hope :) Good luck everyone!

congratulations on Drexel!!!! Great School.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
does anyone know what would happen if we cannot attend the august 2 thing? ( i had planned to only be ready august 5!)

also, did you guys receive a notice about this august 2 event?

thank you!!! see you guys sooN!

yea i was wondering the same thing...i havent received a notice about it either. anyone have any more info about this? thanks :)

Just wanted to let everyone know, I called in today and still no movement. 2 weeks and counting today! I was told "slim chance" for spot. Anyone else get any other info?

Last edited:
I haven't received anything either about August 2nd, was it sent by email or regular mail?

AJR99 said:
I haven't received anything either about August 2nd, was it sent by email or regular mail?

nothing for me. maybe Roca is the only one invited. ;)

beponychick said:
nothing for me. maybe Roca is the only one invited. ;)

Wouldn't that be so funny--just the two of them :D

got a question for you guys...

i'm on the high priority waitlist. i heard that the last day we can hear for the waitlist is the day before classes... which is august 13, 2006.

i'm starting at another medical school on august 7... because of my enrollment into another school, do i automatically give up my waitlist spot at rwj????

theunderdog said:

i'm on the high priority waitlist. i heard that the last day we can hear for the waitlist is the day before classes... which is august 13, 2006.

i'm starting at another medical school on august 7... because of my enrollment into another school, do i automatically give up my waitlist spot at rwj????

I don't think so. I really doubt it actually.

guys,

have you received any correspondence from the med school in the last three weeks? I moved on July 1st and have not received any forwarded mail to my new address. I think the post office may have lost my request to have all my mail forwarded. I didnt receive any bills, nothing. Should there be mail I should look out for from RWJ?

Thanks!

beponychick said:
guys,

have you received any correspondence from the med school in the last three weeks? I moved on July 1st and have not received any forwarded mail to my new address. I think the post office may have lost my request to have all my mail forwarded. I didnt receive any bills, nothing. Should there be mail I should look out for from RWJ?

Thanks!

I haven't heard a peep out of them. Maybe they'll forget to bill us this semester. Cross your fingers...

Last edited:

Last edited:
roca88 said:
the bills should be coming shortly. don't they automatically take their money out of the financial aid check before we even get it, or am i wrong? i thought i heard that.

yes i think so. they will take out for tuition and health insurance and probably a bunch of other stuff. argh, and then we get the few pennies left over in the mail.

theunderdog said:

Actually, the first day of orientation is considered the first day of classes, so the latest you would hear from RWJ would be August 4th. I spoke to Meryle Kramer directly about this. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
roca88 said:
wow...as far as that bump up to august 2? well i just got another e-mail from them saying it's actually TUESDAY, August 1, at 12 PM. i just wanted to mention this in case everyone else hasn't received the e-mail, as I seem to be the only receiving these thing.

this is so ridiculous, earlier this morning i MOVED an appointment on August 2 just to accomodate this. not really happy about such a miscommunication on their part.

hope all of you get this and account for it accordingly.

Thanks for the info. How funny that you are apparently the only invitee. I guess you should feel honored that they like you best :D

roca88 said:
wow...as far as that bump up to august 2? well i just got another e-mail from them saying it's actually TUESDAY, August 1, at 12 PM. i just wanted to mention this in case everyone else hasn't received the e-mail, as I seem to be the only receiving these things.

this is so ridiculous, earlier this morning i MOVED an appointment from August 2 just to accomodate this. not really happy about such a miscommunication on their part.

hope all of you get this and account for it accordingly.

Nope Roca, I have not gotten it. Can you please post the message for us?

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
roca,
who is the email coming from? i think its a little weird to change a date a week before, dont you? i thnk someone might be playing a joke on you since everyone else is not receiving this email. i mean if its true they're kinda cutting it a litle close because some people, myself included, have plans already for that day. has anyone else received this email. thanks guys
-mike
roca88 said:
as requested:

"The previous email we sent you included the wrong date for the luncheon with Dr. Carman.

The correct date is Tuesday, August 1 at 12:00 p.m.

Please let us know if you will be able to attend.

Meryle Kramer"

For current students (or people already living there!)
any suggestions on cell phone carrier with best coverage for the piscataway/new brunswick area?

silly_cupid_81 said:
For current students (or people already living there!)
any suggestions on cell phone carrier with best coverage for the piscataway/new brunswick area?

Cingular! (I went to Rutgers)

Last edited:
is UMDNJ on the facebook? I couldn't find it listed as a grad school. Not that i want to stalk you guys or anything...

roca88 said:
um,

no thorg, it's not a "joke." it's also weird that they send orientation stuff on the 25th and expect it to be postmarked the 31st, but that's them. if you have any complaints, direct those at them. i have been posting (and will continue to post) here on SDN regularly to give everybody a head's up when i hear things and commiserate with others, but if you want to disregard that, do as you wish.

I did receive the activities email just now, but still nothing about the change in that lunch thing. Oh well. I think I will come on Tuesday anyway. Who did you RSVP with?

Last edited:

Last edited:
roca88 said:
did you get the 1st e-mail about the guy being in England and not being able to make it though?

nope, i have not received any changes in the orientation schedule. It seems that quite a few of us didnt receive it. I wonder how many people they will actually have attend this thing since many may not know about it.

roca88 said:
ok, so i just found out there are 2 of these pre-orientation sessions apparently. this explains why i got the e-mail and some of you may not have--you're probably scheduled for the other one. the one i'm in was originally scheduled for august 9, then was moved to august 2, and now it's august 1 at 12.

people, don't be freaking ok? just do whatever you get according to your own e-mail.

see some of you pretty sooooooooooooooooooon!

how do you know there are two sessions?

Last edited:
are you guys doing all the night activities during orientation week?

Hi Everyone. Almost a week!

Anyone out there have an opinion on just exactly what we need going into orientation? I was browsing through the other SDN forums and got a little freaked out. Everyone was mentioning having tablet PC's configured for classes, getting study programs, buying stethoscopes and otoscopes, looking into PDAs... Is it just me but am I the only one without any of these?

silly_cupid_81 said:
Everyone was mentioning having tablet PC's configured for classes, getting study programs, buying stethoscopes and otoscopes, looking into PDAs... Is it just me but am I the only one without any of these?

Yes.

Just kidding. I am going in completely cold as well...that's what orientation's for. You can still buy stuff during orientation. I have a PDA, but that's about it.

Great, thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one without anything ready. As for the "big stuff" though, anyone think a laptop is necessary? I'm trying to save money this year. I'm a little worried how much I will have to spend.. .even during orientation. Aside from books, steths, etc. What else would we have to get? Around how much would we need to get this started?

On a side note, I have what I think is an acceptable desktop (two years old but if needed I can upgrade some of the specs). It would be nice not to have to buy a laptop, but if we need one I'd like to start searching for the "best deal" now. Thank you for information!