RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 3 users
My apartment complex fired someone on their maintenance team who was sneaking into women's apartments and leaving surveillance equipment in the bathroom. My roommate and I think he might have done this in our unit too. The WORST part is that the leasing office didn't even notify us about this bull****...there was an article in the local newspaper that a random FOURTH YEAR told me about.

Members don't see this ad :)
My apartment complex fired someone on their maintenance team who was sneaking into women's apartments and leaving surveillance equipment in the bathroom. My roommate and I think he might have done this in our unit too. The WORST part is that the leasing office didn't even notify us about this bull****...there was an article in the local newspaper that a random FOURTH YEAR told me about.
Woa that is NOT OKAY! I'm so sorry flameshock!

giphy.gif
This made me go into a coughing fit I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the giggles though

OK I NEED TO LET A FEW THINGS OUT AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO PUT THIS.

I have worked my butt off for the past year getting everything ready to submit my app for vet school this Fall (applying to be the class of 2022). Gotten everything ready to put our house on the market, missed important events in order to cram classes and experience, etc. AND NOW, I can't register for one of the classes I need in order to apply!!!!!!!!!! (Org II) Every single slot in the class is full for both semesters and the department head refuses to open a seat in the class for me. So you're telling me that I have to wait A WHOLE EXTRA YEAR just because I can't get a spot in this one class?!?! I just submit an application to be a transient student at another college in order to take the class elsewhere, but by the time they actually accept me as a transient, I'm sure the classes will be filled there too. I'm at a standstill. Has anyone else ever dealt with this?! I'm on the waitlist for the class at my school but not hopeful that I will actually get a spot in time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have worked my butt off for the past year getting everything ready to submit my app for vet school this Fall (applying to be the class of 2022). Gotten everything ready to put our house on the market, missed important events in order to cram classes and experience, etc. AND NOW, I can't register for one of the classes I need in order to apply!!!!!!!!!! (Org II) Every single slot in the class is full for both semesters and the department head refuses to open a seat in the class for me. So you're telling me that I have to wait A WHOLE EXTRA YEAR just because I can't get a spot in this one class?!?! I just submit an application to be a transient student at another college in order to take the class elsewhere, but by the time they actually accept me as a transient, I'm sure the classes will be filled there too. I'm at a standstill. Has anyone else ever dealt with this?! I'm on the waitlist for the class at my school but not hopeful that I will actually get a spot in time.

Can you take it next Spring? Or over the summer?

Reactions: 1 user

UNE's online Org 2 is very easy, albeit a little pricey. Just completed it this semester and would recommend it.

Organic Chemistry II, online organic chemistry course

Reactions: 2 users

Talk to your advisor. Talk to the Org II professor. Often times they will squeeze you in if you pester them enough (I mean explain nicely how your dream is to go to vet school and this is the last course you need, how you were so excited to take this course, how the school has been great at getting into the courses you've needed in the past). When you are a person they know they are more willing to make exceptions then when you are just a name on the waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
You'd like to get paid for your work? I think you may be going into the wrong field ;)

Im guessing he won't open a seat because there isn't room in the lab? That's the only thing that would even make sense to me...at my school, you can usually get into a class if you stalk the registration site for people to drop a spot, especially the first week of classes when everyone does the shuffle. As a super last resort there are some schools that don't require Ochem II but that's little help if you have an IS that does....

An update on my previous post: every single female that student I've talked to has had the same suspicious behavior from the arrested maintenance guy. Everyone.

Still no official response from the housing company

Members don't see this ad :)
An update on my previous post: every single female that student I've talked to has had the same suspicious behavior from the arrested maintenance guy. Everyone.

Personally, I'd consult a lawyer before talking to anyone in management. If they knew what he was doing or if they received any complaints and ignored them, they could be criminally or civilly liable. Also, calling the police and requesting to talk to whoever handles the case is a possibility. At some point the police will need to identify victims so they need to talk to people.

Reactions: 5 users

I don't have advice but I have big big big internet hugs for you. <3 I hope that gets settled out.

I'd say contact the police. I'm so sorry - this is an awful situation, and I'm sorry it's happened to you. :(

Can you take it next Spring? Or over the summer?

I have to take it during this summer semester or this fall, because it's a pre-req for Biochem which I will have to take in the following spring. Unfortunately there are no available seats for the summer or fall term

Im guessing he won't open a seat because there isn't room in the lab? That's the only thing that would even make sense to me...at my school, you can usually get into a class if you stalk the registration site for people to drop a spot, especially the first week of classes when everyone does the shuffle. As a super last resort there are some schools that don't require Ochem II but that's little help if you have an IS that does....

Yep, you're exactly right. Only a limited number of spots in the lab. Just frustrates me that there are hundreds of bio/Chem majors that have to fight for like 30 total spots in the class. I'm definitely going to be stalking the registration site until someone gets dropped for nonpayment! Unfortunately Ochem I & II are prereqs for Biochem at my school, and my top choice for vet school requires Biochem

UNE's online Org 2 is very easy, albeit a little pricey. Just completed it this semester and would recommend it.

Organic Chemistry II, online organic chemistry course

After I wrote my original post, I actually did some researching on online options and stumbled across UNE. Wasn't sure if it was legit though, so I'm really glad you can vouch for the class. This is probably going to be what I end up doing. THANK YOU

*also sorry to everyone for having so many separate posts, I'm still figuring out how to use this site*

After I wrote my original post, I actually did some researching on online options and stumbled across UNE. Wasn't sure if it was legit though, so I'm really glad you can vouch for the class. This is probably going to be what I end up doing. THANK YOU

Make sure you double check if your schools accept UNE's classes, I know some don't. Mine did, and that's where I took physiology but you want to check just to make sure!

Reactions: 1 users
Make sure you double check if your schools accept UNE's classes, I know some don't. Mine did, and that's where I took physiology but you want to check just to make sure!

Oooooo good idea. Would hate to spend the time and money submitting apps if the schools won't even accept the class!

Yep, you're exactly right. Only a limited number of spots in the lab. Just frustrates me that there are hundreds of bio/Chem majors that have to fight for like 30 total spots in the class. I'm definitely going to be stalking the registration site until someone gets dropped for nonpayment! Unfortunately Ochem I & II are prereqs for Biochem at my school, and my top choice for vet school requires Biochem

What's your top choice? Yes that is majorly frustrating. I took Ochem with 150 people so that would be hard to fight for space like that. Any chance you could talk to someone about getting permission to take Biochem without Ochem II?

Last edited:
Yes that is majorly frustrating. I took Ochem with 150 people so that would be hard to fight for space like that. Any chance you could talk to someone about getting permission to take Biochem without Ochem II?
Or concurrently, I did that out of necessity and it wasn't too bad.

Turns out even on Xanax I can hit my social overload. Made it to a social event for about fifteen minutes before my vision got fuzzy around the edges. Made it an hour without passing out.

Now getting a pizza and huge thing of cake from the downstairs restaurant and will go eat dinner and avoid humanity.

I'm struggling pretty bad, the wound is getting wider at the edges and hasn't changed in depth. We're also unsure how much and where it tunnels in my body. This past week my inguinal lymph nodes started swelling again and on Wednesday and into Thursday I was bouncing between a fever and hypothermia at 95F. I'm keeping a temperature log throughout the day and if anything weird happens again I'm checking myself into the ER because this thing might be re-infected.

The nurses that come every morning to clean, pack, and dress this thing say it looks ok, but if the signs mirror what happened when this thing was forming, I'm going to be proactive. This whole situation is mentally and physically taxing for me, but I'm trying as hard as I can to finish the semester and am toughing it out like I always do, yet I know the stress from vet school is not helping this situation. Every day now I am beyond exhausted come lunchtime; I can barely stay awake for afternoon classes and I'm taking multiple naps a day just to function. I finally meet with an actual wound clinic next Friday to discuss surgical options going forward. I've somewhat come to terms with the fact that vet school with my current class might be over because the recovery/rehabilitation time for the surgery may be longer than the time off for summer break.

Someone told me they overheard classmates saying I've missed too much class and it's unfair. I don't give a **** what people think, especially considering I don't go around telling people what happened, but ya, I'm just taking all this relaxing vacation time to lay by the pool.

It's 2.5 inches in diameter now and 2 inches deep, with an undetermined amount of undermining and tunneling

A little graphic
DSC_0005.JPG

Last edited:
I'm struggling pretty bad, the wound is getting wider at the edges and hasn't changed in depth. We're also unsure how much and where it tunnels in my body. This past week my inguinal lymph nodes started swelling again and on Wednesday and into Thursday I was bouncing between a fever and hypothermia at 95F. I'm keeping a temperature log throughout the day and if anything weird happens again I'm checking myself into the ER because this thing might be re-infected.

The nurses that come every morning to clean, pack, and dress this thing say it looks ok, but if the signs mirror what happened when this thing was forming, I'm going to be proactive. This whole situation is mentally and physically taxing for me, but I'm trying as hard as I can to finish the semester and am toughing it out like I always do, yet I know the stress from vet school is not helping this situation. Every day now I am beyond exhausted come lunchtime; I can barely stay awake for afternoon classes and I'm taking multiple naps a day just to function. I finally meet with an actual wound clinic next Friday to discuss surgical options going forward. I've somewhat come to terms with the fact that vet school with my current class might be over because the recovery/rehabilitation time for the surgery may be longer than the time off for summer break.

Someone told me they overheard classmates saying I've missed too much class and it's unfair. I don't give a **** what people think, but ya, I'm just taking all this relaxing vacation time to lay by the pool.

It's 2.5 inches in diameter now and 2 inches deep, with an undetermined amount of undermining and tunneling

A little graphic

@wheelin2vetmed I have so much respect for you and feel bad you have to deal with this. Shame on anyone, especially a classmate, for being even remotely critical. Not cool.

Reactions: 7 users

Someone told me they overheard classmates saying I've missed too much class and it's unfair. I don't give a **** what people think, but ya, I'm just taking all this relaxing vacation time to lay by the pool.

A little graphic
I'm sorry W2VM. :(

Really peeved at the people in your class who think it's unfair that you've missed too much class. Relaxing pool time does sound pretty great- you should miss class and have a super fun ER bill/ giant wound in your body more often! **** what they say. People are the worst. *hugs*

Someone told me they overheard classmates saying I've missed too much class and it's unfair. I don't give a **** what people think, especially considering I don't go around telling people what happened, but ya, I'm just taking all this relaxing vacation time to lay by the pool.

Really sorry you're going through this and that some of your classmates are using it as an opportunity to gossip and judge. I'm hoping that you heal as quickly as possible and this wound doesn't decide to be one of those wounds that constantly stays infected and irritating. Hopefully the wound clinic helps you move in the right direction recovery-wise. Rest up and take care of yourself.

A little graphic
I hate to see you struggling so much, W2VM. I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with this, and I'm especially sorry that apparently some of your classmates aren't being understanding of your situation at all. That is so incredibly rude and inconsiderate of them.

That wound looks terrible... I cannot even begin to imagine the kind of pain you must be in. :(

Please, please, please get some good rest and take care of yourself. Even if vet school has to be put on hold in order for you to do it (though I know that that is far easier said than done); your health is so much more important.

What's your top choice? Yes that is majorly frustrating. I took Ochem with 150 people so that would be hard to fight for space like that. Any chance you could talk to someone about getting permission to take Biochem without Ochem II?

My top choice is LMU. My advisor said that our Chem department is super particular about class pre-reqs, and after dealing with them about the lack of space in OChem, I believe her..... I could try, but not getting my hopes up. I may try to take them concurrently, IF they will let me. Although chem isn't my strong suit so it's slightly risky

Alternatively, you could look for online biochemistry courses that only have orgo 1 as a pre req.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Alternatively, you could look for online biochemistry courses that only have orgo 1 as a pre req.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Ahhhh true!! Guess I do have several options. Feel much better than I did a few days ago (I was flaming mad). Although they are all dependent on whether or not the vet schools will accept them...... time to do some research. Thank you!!!

A little graphic
I think if you hear a classmate complain, you should just flash them that gaping hole in your body. I don't understand why people have no empathy, it's not like you want to miss class. The situation is likely stressful enough without people adding to it. The hole looks so painful. I hope it starts to heal soon and you can go back to focusing on kicking ass.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Like I said, I really don't care what other people think. I know the amount of energy I put into each and every day just to get through, not including what I'm dealing with now. They're always welcome to come talk to me and ask me what's going on, or they can continue to make assumptions; simply ignorance.

With that said, I feel like my online presence here is devolving to talking about my health issues. That's not me or what I want this to be, so I'll be saying goodbye for now. I wish all you first years a good luck with the rest of the semester and you 2021-ers a good summer and start of vet school.

Hopefully I'll be able to stay in school and by the end of 2017 be healed and living a life that isn't controlled by sequelae to an already tough way of life. I'd love to get back to actually living.

Keep on trucking. Signing off for now
-w2vm

Reactions: 17 users
I've had a migraine for 9 days now. I just want it to go away. I go to bed hoping that when I wake up it'll be fine but nope everyday it has been pounding migraine. Ugh!

Uh if you have a headache for that long you should go get it checked out. I made the mistake of waiting a long time last year and ended up unable to eat solid food and with facial paralysis. :p

Uh if you have a headache for that long you should go get it checked out. I made the mistake of waiting a long time last year and ended up unable to eat solid food and with facial paralysis. :p

Well, that is mildly terrifying. I had a head ache (not migraine) for close to five days once and it was terrible. I'll note this for future occurrences. Definitely get checked out @hedgiehog if you aren't feeling better.

Having worked 40 hour weeks of physically demanding outdoor jobs and 40 hour weeks of mind numbing sit-on-your-ass-staring-at-a-computer jobs, I definitely prefer the former. Maybe it's just a Monday, but I couldn't stay awake or focused. Staring at a computer all day is mentally exhausting. I hate to take mini day breaks to walk around and talk to people, but that's the only way to push through the monotony... and I'm not normally a social person. At least my Wednesdays are filled with meetings so I can leave my exhibit* and regain humanity.

*It's a cubicle, but with my name and title as signage so it kind of feels like I'm on exhibit. Some days I expect to look up and see small school children watching me.

This:
Screenshot_2017-04-10-14-14-28.png

If you read it, it basically blames the rabies vaccine for causing something that they only insinuate is similar to autism. Most of the comments basically talk about the rise in thundershirts as being "proof" or general non- socialized animal behavior, or just plain typical terrier behavior. The people believing this don't seem to have experience with science or autism and are just chiming on about how this is another plot by the man. One theory is that now vets will market an autism vaccine!

Sometimes I just wanna throttle people! To me the whole piece sounds like it was written by a computer algorithm for how to speak to uninformed anti-vaxxers.:mad::boom::mad::bang:

Reactions: 7 users
Sea levels are rising too. Maybe that causes dog autism. I don't science, but maybe.

Someone's going to make a lot of money off of stupid people, though.

Got sick with a nasty cold/cough on Small Animal Medicine, which was mid-February. Mostly recovered on Public Health, and then it came back with a vengeance on Small Ruminant (farm calls in freezing cold weather). Am still in the process of shaking it, with mostly being okay but still having coughing fits randomly in the afternoons and at night especially.

Fast forward to today, new rotation and we're working in pairs the entire time. I had to take a bathroom break during one of our orientation lectures and the rest of my group decided to pair up while I was gone, which meant that I got paired up with the clearly ill and admittedly contagious person. Guess I'm getting sick again.

Topping off my day was the message from my uncle informing me that my grandmother (who has been declining in health for awhile now) was presently non-responsive and will likely pass in the next few days, and me bursting into tears in front of the doctor.

Today sucked. Not holding out much hope for the rest of the week either.

Got sick with a nasty cold/cough on Small Animal Medicine, which was mid-February. Mostly recovered on Public Health, and then it came back with a vengeance on Small Ruminant (farm calls in freezing cold weather). Am still in the process of shaking it, with mostly being okay but still having coughing fits randomly in the afternoons and at night especially.

Fast forward to today, new rotation and we're working in pairs the entire time. I had to take a bathroom break during one of our orientation lectures and the rest of my group decided to pair up while I was gone, which meant that I got paired up with the clearly ill and admittedly contagious person. Guess I'm getting sick again.

Topping off my day was the message from my uncle informing me that my grandmother (who has been declining in health for awhile now) was presently non-responsive and will likely pass in the next few days, and me bursting into tears in front of the doctor.

I'm sorry kcough <3 **hugs**

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother, and really hope that you are feeling 100% soon. All the best to you and your family in what must be a very difficult time. <3

I'm so sorry, KC. It's really rough to be sick a bunch of times in a row, and I'm sure it just makes terrible news harder. I hope you feel better soon, and sorry to hear about your grandmother.