RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I think I have ringworm. I wouldn't be so annoyed if the vets I currently work with would tell us a dog has ringworm BEFORE we work with them if they've already been diagnosed or if it's suspected. I'd understand if they didn't realize, but this actually happens rather frequently with them.

I always wash my hands and bleach down in those situations so I'm really hoping it's not ringworm. Did I also mention that it's on my hands? :mad: Guess I'm off to urgent care in the morning...

Members don't see this ad.

So I think I have ringworm. I wouldn't be so annoyed if the vets I currently work with would tell us a dog has ringworm BEFORE we work with them if they've already been diagnosed or if it's suspected. I'd understand if they didn't realize, but this actually happens rather frequently with them.

I always wash my hands and bleach down in those situations so I'm really hoping it's not ringworm. Did I also mention that it's on my hands? :mad: Guess I'm off to urgent care in the morning...
Do you happen to have a black light? I know that if we have itchy spots while at work, we shine a blacklight on it, as ringworm tends to glow. So it helps my psyche as well. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Do you happen to have a black light? I know that if we have itchy spots while at work, we shine a blacklight on it, as ringworm tends to glow. So it helps my psyche as well. :laugh:

Hahaha we have one at my house somewhere but I can't find it!!! o_O And too bad I don't work tomorrow so I could check it there. It doesn't really look like what I've seen ringworm look like, but the rash is scaly and has spread a little over the last couple days. But I'm trying to be optimistic. I just don't want to give it to my dogs or animals I work with so I'll just get it checked tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha we have one at my house somewhere but I can't find it!!! o_O And too bad I don't work tomorrow so I could check it there. It doesn't really look like what I've seen ringworm look like, but the rash is scaly and has spread a little over the last couple days. But I'm trying to be optimistic. I just don't want to give it to my dogs or animals I work with so I'll just get it checked tomorrow.
hopefully it's just nothing!! Sending good feelings your way!
:biglove:

I've had ringworm a handful of times, and I'm currently taking care of one lesion on my arm now. I always treat it with OTC meds and it's totally fine, although it takes forever to heal. This last time I caught ringworm from my own patient, who I suspected ringworm on. I wore gloves, washed my hands thoroughly, and no dice. Sometimes, it just happens despite our best intentions.

I hope you get the care you need! :)

Reactions: 3 users

Actually, most ringworm doesn't glow, only some from a particular species will glow. ;)

Reactions: 7 users
I've had ringworm a handful of times, and I'm currently taking care of one lesion on my arm now. I always treat it with OTC meds and it's totally fine, although it takes forever to heal. This last time I caught ringworm from my own patient, who I suspected ringworm on. I wore gloves, washed my hands thoroughly, and no dice. Sometimes, it just happens despite our best intentions.

I hope you get the care you need! :)

Actually, most ringworm doesn't glow, only some from a particular species will glow. ;)

Thank you for the info! I went to my clinic to see if I could see anything under the black light and just a handful of tiny white spots and I was like alright I don't know what I'm looking at so now I'm sitting at urgent care haha.

Ugh well there goes the reassuring bubble around my psyche. o_O:arghh: *goes back to excessively scratching skin*

It's not even itchy which is weird but my face keeps getting itchy which is making me paranoid since the spots are on my hands :laugh:

So update: the doc said "could be, could not be." Makes sense with me working with patients who have ringworm but doesn't look like characteristic ringworm. So he gave me an antifungal cream to see if it clears up

Reactions: 1 users
Just a frustrated rant. My parents never made a lot of effort to be involved in my life and while it always hurt, I kinda just got over it. I'm lucky to have a lot of other people in my life who are super supportive. Honestly I don't even blame my parents that much. They're just really busy. But it makes me upset that my younger sister, who has never particularly enjoyed school, had a high school awards thing today for all her hard work and no one went. If I had known that no one was going to go, I would have driven the two hours from school to go and support her. She just deserves better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Just a frustrated rant. My parents never made a lot of effort to be involved in my life and while it always hurt, I kinda just got over it. I'm lucky to have a lot of other people in my life who are super supportive. Honestly I don't even blame my parents that much. They're just really busy. But it makes me upset that my younger sister, who has never ever particularly enjoyed school, had a high school awards thing today for all her hard work and no one went. If I had known, I would have driven the two hours from school to go and support her. She just deserves better.
*hugs* dealing with family is really hard. I'm sure your sister knows you care!

Reactions: 2 users
Just a frustrated rant. My parents never made a lot of effort to be involved in my life and while it always hurt, I kinda just got over it. I'm lucky to have a lot of other people in my life who are super supportive. Honestly I don't even blame my parents that much. They're just really busy. But it makes me upset that my younger sister, who has never ever particularly enjoyed school, had a high school awards thing today for all her hard work and no one went. If I had known, I would have driven the two hours from school to go and support her. She just deserves better.
Hugs. I agree with cdo, family is hard. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
@mmmdreamerz agree with you: emotional support is vital - very sorry you missed your sister's high school awards ceremony today.

On the other hand ... just knowing that you are supportive of your sister's hard work must mean the world to her. I'm pretty sure she will be comforted to know that you care, whether you're standing right next to her, or two hours away. You are being supportive of her and making her feel special, and that's all well and good.

[If any of you go to a school near me, I'll go over to your schools and applaud (very loudly, proudly and happily) for each of you! Just saying. I think all of you would do that for each other, too.]

Reactions: 10 users
Just a frustrated rant. My parents never made a lot of effort to be involved in my life and while it always hurt, I kinda just got over it. I'm lucky to have a lot of other people in my life who are super supportive. Honestly I don't even blame my parents that much. They're just really busy. But it makes me upset that my younger sister, who has never particularly enjoyed school, had a high school awards thing today for all her hard work and no one went. If I had known that no one was going to go, I would have driven the two hours from school to go and support her. She just deserves better.
:( I'm sorry to hear this. My parents were very emotionally distant as well (my dad much much much more so than my mom, but that's another story) and it's a hard thing to come from that background and meet all of these people whose parents are very supportive and champion everything they do and compare to what you're used to, which... isn't that. I'm sorry you couldn't go to your sister's event. It's not your fault that no one told you they weren't going, though.

Reactions: 8 users
*hugs* dealing with family is really hard. I'm sure your sister knows you care!

Hugs. I agree with cdo, family is hard. :(

@mmmdreamerz agree with you: emotional support is vital - very sorry you missed your sister's high school awards ceremony today.

On the other hand ... just knowing that you are supportive of your sister's hard work must mean the world to her. I'm pretty sure she will be comforted to know that you care, whether you're standing right next to her, or two hours away. You are being supportive of her and making her feel special, and that's all well and good.

[If any of you go to a school near me, I'll go over to your schools and applaud (very loudly, proudly and happily) for each of you! Just saying. I think all of you would do that for each other, too.]

:( I'm sorry to hear this. My parents were very emotionally distant as well (my dad much much much more so than my mom, but that's another story) and it's a hard thing to come from that background and meet all of these people whose parents are very supportive and champion everything they do and compare to what you're used to, which... isn't that. I'm sorry you couldn't go to your sister's event. It's not your fault that no one told you they weren't going, though.

Ya'll are so nice. :) Thanks for letting me vent. I've come to terms with the whole relationship with my parents thing...like a lot of relationships it's messy and frustrating. But ultimately it has helped make me who I am, I guess. At the very least I know I can take care of myself lol. I just wish they weren't doing the same thing to my sister. She's a good kid and while she would never admit it, I'm sure it hurts when everyone else's parents are so supportive.

Ya'll are so nice. :) Thanks for letting me vent. I've come to terms with the whole relationship with my parents thing...like a lot of relationships it's messy and frustrating. But ultimately it has helped make me who I am, I guess. At the very least I know I can take care of myself lol. I just wish they weren't doing the same thing to my sister. She's a good kid and while she would never admit it, I'm sure it hurts when everyone else's parents are so supportive.
I'm willing to bet that you were a good kid too and didn't deserve that either. I'm glad things are good for you, just also sad you didn't necessarily get to grow up with parents who made you feel supported and important.

Anyway, glad you got the chance to vent. Frustrations are best left pretty much anywhere that's not your head or your heart.

I'm willing to bet that you were a good kid too and didn't deserve that either. I'm glad things are good for you, just also sad you didn't necessarily get to grow up with parents who made you feel supported and important.

Anyway, glad you got the chance to vent. Frustrations are best left pretty much anywhere that's not your head or your heart.

Sounds like you can relate, unfortunately. It was hard when I was her age, now I'm just used to it.

You're the best vmh. This really did make me feel better:)

I had 2 exams last Wednesday after being sick/ at Urgent Care and not being able to study.
Good news: I got a 98 on my Statistics exam! :)
Bad news: I got a 48 on my Biochem 2 exam. :(

I also thought it would be therapeutic to write out everything that I have left to do in my last 5 weeks of undergrad and I was very very wrong. Holy ****, I have sooo much to do.

Reactions: 4 users
I had 2 exams last Wednesday after being sick/ at Urgent Care and not being able to study.

I also thought it would be therapeutic to write out everything that I have left to do in my last 5 weeks of undergrad and I was very very wrong. Holy ****, I have sooo much to do.

My solution is to just procrastinate heavily and pretend I don't actually have anything to do. But then I'm not taking any icky classes like stats or biochem lol

My solution is to just procrastinate heavily and pretend I don't actually have anything to do. But then I'm not taking any icky classes like stats or biochem lol
I really should've followed @Caiter92 's advice and dropped these classes, but I needed every single one to graduate. :bang: But C's get degrees, right?

Reactions: 5 users
I really should've followed @Caiter92 's advice and dropped these classes, but I needed every single one to graduate. :bang: But C's get degrees, right?
I'd say I told you so, but I'm nicer than that ;) sometimes. Like when you're sick. I'll tell you when you feel better :D

I try to ignore my responsibilities until they shove me into an early grave when I'm not looking

Thanks for being sometimes nice! And jokes on you because I'm NEVER GETTING BETTER! :laugh:
That's okay. Then I'll just go back to stepping on you to put you out of your misery :p

@cdoconn, you'd better be taking good care of yourself and getting better.

Or else! See this?

It's got your name on it.

hypo1.jpg

I'm so glad that's not pink in the syringe (thought I don't know what you'd be injecting that's blue). Pink takes on a whole other meaning. :p
I thought of the same! :laugh: That used to be my favorite color until somnasol. Ours is that color. It's also suspiciously the exact same shade as our rabies vax.

I thought of the same! :laugh: That used to be my favorite color until somnasol. Ours is that color. It's also suspiciously the exact same shade as our rabies vax.
@cdoconn one of the vet med males in this forum suggested (anonymously) that if you don't like the unnamed blue solution in the original syringe shown above, he has a "red solution" for you instead.

He even provided a photo of himself to prove to you that he's telling the truth. Geez, look at the size of that needle!

I don't know who he is ... a pre-vet student, or a vet med student, or a practicing veterinarian ... I dunno. But he said he's on SDN and he's monitoring your good behavior or lack thereof! :eek:
So, please take care and get well ... lungs and all - stat!
snake.gif

injection101.jpg

@cdoconn one of the vet med males in this forum suggested (anonymously) that if you don't like the unnamed blue solution in the original syringe shown above, he has a "red solution" for you instead.

He even provided a photo of himself to prove to you that he's telling the truth. Geez, look at the size of that needle!

I don't know who he is ... a pre-vet student, or a vet med student, or a practicing veterinarian ... I dunno. But he said he's on SDN and he's monitoring your good behavior or lack thereof! :eek:
So, please take care and get well ... lungs and all - stat! View attachment 217500

View attachment 217498
KIeBpYU.gif

Nope, nope, nope.

We do not need to turn this thread into the clown thread. Having a spider thread here is bad enough.

Reactions: 8 users

So, please take care and get well ... lungs and all - stat! View attachment 217500

View attachment 217498
This is why you can't trust males in vet med!!

This is actually a running joke at my clinic. One of the vets brought an animal back with skin lesions to have the spots cleaned up. After about 10 minutes of the tech having her hands all over the animal, the vet casually says, 'Oh you know it kind of looks like ringworm.' It wasn't, but now I say that to that particular tech with every skin problem patient.

I cannot get enough sleep lately. I know I have sleep apnea, but I swear it's worse when I'm stressed. When I'm home over breaks, I never feel this bad. My eyes are constantly puffy and I feel like I'm in a fog 24/7. I might have to do another sleep study this summer to see what's going on, but in the meantime...:sleep:

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. :( I'd just add, as a caveat...I'd be careful who you tell (not saying that you would, but people have) that they're lucky they have such supportive parents.

My Mom looks super supportive. She looks awesome. She's been crazy abusive and damaged pretty much the rest of my life - because of her support. But I've heard "wow your Mom's so supportive, that's awesome!" so many times and it hurts, every single time.

Chilling in MSP with a delayed flight to Memphis. The flight is delayed because they are missing their flight attendants. Like wtf? How do you not know where your flight attendants are?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. :( I'd just add, as a caveat...I'd be careful who you tell (not saying that you would, but people have) that they're lucky they have such supportive parents.

My Mom looks super supportive. She looks awesome. She's been crazy abusive and damaged pretty much the rest of my life - because of her support. But I've heard "wow your Mom's so supportive, that's awesome!" so many times and it hurts, every single time.

I completely understand. Appearances are incredibly deceiving. Something I know all about...

I'm so sorry you've had to experience it yourself, nohika. But look! You're going to succeed despite her. Pretty amazing, huh?:)