RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any SDNers willing to open a livestream window in the background of whatever you're doing and pretend you're watching me and @motheatenlysis graduate to bolster numbers so that future classes don't have to have this battle? It'll be on a Saturday morning.
I can definitely try! It’s such BS… they aren’t live streaming white coat either. Somehow we were given yet another reason which was that they don’t have the tech in the new venue to do it… but somehow they’re (allegedly) recording the ceremony. I’m no mathemagician, but if you’re able to record something, how can you not livestream it? 👀

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I can definitely try! It’s such BS… they aren’t live streaming white coat either. Somehow we were given yet another reason which was that they don’t have the tech in the new venue to do it… but somehow they’re (allegedly) recording the ceremony. I’m no mathemagician, but if you’re able to record something, how can you not livestream it? 👀
I contacted the venue in anticipation of that BS argument :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Any SDNers willing to open a livestream window in the background of whatever you're doing and pretend you're watching me and @motheatenlysis graduate to bolster numbers so that future classes don't have to have this battle? It'll be on a Saturday morning.

I was lucky enough to be "present" at your clinical thesis/doctoral defense that was livestreamed when you were still in PhD land - it was amazing!

I would love to be "present" at your upcoming DVM graduation!

I'm sure many other people would like to celebrate this super-happy occasion with you, including your SDN friends!

1713716357036.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Gentlepeople:

We have won the war.
I will share the livestream link once I have it, but you are all cordially invited to my graduation on 5/11 starting at 10 AM Central.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Gentlepeople:

We have won the war.
I will share the livestream link once I have it, but you are all cordially invited to my graduation on 5/11 starting at 10 AM Central.
Oh god oh heck what even is central time ?????

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Here we go friends! Mark your calendars for 5/11!! :biglove:
Added to my calendar 💕 congrats and thanks for fighting the good fight because I know I will have friends who will want to watch me from 15 hrs away graduate!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Dear vetprep,
Your daily question has been the same thing for the last 3 days. Please give me something new please.

Reactions: 1 user
This town is full of dumped/ at large animals, and animal control refuses to intervene. Every time I or someone I know calls they respond “the shelter is full, so you’ll have to figure it out.” (Exact words). Even when the animal(s) are dodging cars or aggressively charging people. I don’t understand. I worked at a county shelter! I can only take in so many animals and treat them myself. I don’t know how this will ever change.

• Care
This town is full of dumped/ at large animals, and animal control refuses to intervene. Every time I or someone I know calls they respond “the shelter is full, so you’ll have to figure it out.” (Exact words). Even when the animal(s) are dodging cars or aggressively charging people. I don’t understand. I worked at a county shelter! I can only take in so many animals and treat them myself. I don’t know how this will ever change.
Our county shelter is required to take in all stray dogs, but they also can’t operate over capacity. So when they reach capacity, they have to decide which shelter resident gets euthanized so the new stray can complete their mandatory stray hold of 3 days. It really sucks to work in an overcrowded shelter, and I bet yours is doing their best with what they’ve got.

• Care
Our county shelter is required to take in all stray dogs, but they also can’t operate over capacity. So when they reach capacity, they have to decide which shelter resident gets euthanized so the new stray can complete their mandatory stray hold of 3 days. It really sucks to work in an overcrowded shelter, and I bet yours is doing their best with what they’ve got.
It does suck, and I’ve been there! I just don’t understand how aggressive dogs are being left to roam (they didn’t even come!) it’s frustrating all around I’m sure.

• Care
It does suck, and I’ve been there! I just don’t understand how aggressive dogs are being left to roam (they didn’t even come!) it’s frustrating all around I’m sure.
Caught the dog, called the microchip company, just to find out the dog was indeed dumped :(

Attachments

• 73635064309__D4E08082-C6BE-4216-841C-332E6831BF00.jpeg
    73635064309__D4E08082-C6BE-4216-841C-332E6831BF00.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users