Question about Boston Medical Schools (Tufts, Harvard, BU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddalgi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might be a medical student in boston next year, and I was wondering if there is hostility between the three boston medical schools (BU, Harvard, and Tufts). Do BU students feel shadowed by Harvard? Is there animosity between BU and Tufts students? Thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

I might be a medical student in boston next year, and I was wondering if there is hostility between the three boston medical schools (BU, Harvard, and Tufts). Do BU students feel shadowed by Harvard? Is there animosity between BU and Tufts students? Thoughts on this?

What are we in high school? We're all professionals once we enter medical school and are expected to act as such.

You'll probably be too busy to care...

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember the Revolutionary War? It all started b/c of a Boston Battle between Harvard, Tufts, and Boston. Boston College was ineligible to be part of it.

Remember the Revolutionary War? It all started b/c of a Boston Battle between Harvard, Tufts, and Boston. Boston College was ineligible to be part of it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

to the OP: maybe there is if you instigate it...

No. It's a big enough town. There are a ton of medical people all over, from all the different medical schools and hospitals.

I have never seen a West Side Story-style medical dance battle in the streets of Boston.

No. It's a big enough town. There are a ton of medical people all over, from all the different medical schools and hospitals.

I have never seen a West Side Story-style medical dance battle in the streets of Boston.

I would pay good money to see that.

They have monthly fights to the death among the lower quartiles of students at each school.

Although this increases the quality of medical students that graduate, it still contributes to the physician shortage. I think a motion was passed recently to make it biennial instead.

Philly? I have no clue how many med schools they have....

What are we in high school? We're all professionals once we enter medical school and are expected to act as such.

You'll probably be too busy to care...

I know you're kidding, but you have no idea how much medical school is like high school until you're there.

Random fact: 1 in 6 physicians train in Philadelphia at some point during their career.

Source? Doesn't pass my bull$hit detector.

I'm pretty sure the students at Penn/Pritzker/Columbia/Harvard are pretty comfortable with there being "other" medical programs in their cities. The "other" programs are probably where the issues arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.