Pikeville Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no not yet =/ Hoping sometime later today or tomorrow :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking that maybe since the Dean has been out of town/really busy there might be some delay...maybe??

yeah that's what they told us that he is going to be a bit more busy than usual since he is out working on something related to residencies? I guess the wait shall continue!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking that maybe since the Dean has been out of town/really busy there might be some delay...maybe??

I hope so I was thinking about calling but I didn't want to pester them in case they didn't make a decision yet lol

I'd wait to call until later this week...i'm sure they are trying to get the calls out asap since they know we are waiting by our phones hahaha

haha yeah they said it can take up to two weeks to get the decision right but usually people find out within the first week?

I've been complete for 2 weeks now...getting worried here...btw, I'm from out-of-state

Thanks, do you know how many OOS they actually consider?

hm not sure to be honest but Im OOS and I know there were a bunch of people in my ii day that were too so I know you can at least get interviews lol

hm not sure to be honest but Im OOS and I know there were a bunch of people in my ii day that were too so I know you can at least get interviews lol
Haha, optimism keeps us going. If you don;t mind, what are your stats (PM me if you prefer)

So I couldn't help myself and I called today and they said Dr. Buser has the list but she wasn't sure when the calls would go out so lets just hope all our names were on it!!!

So I couldn't help myself and I called today and they said Dr. Buser has the list but she wasn't sure when the calls would go out so lets just hope all our names were on it!!!
haha thanks for calling...the waiting is driving me crazy!

Members don't see this ad :)

your my hero lol thank you for calling.

Will they call us either way? I can't remember what they said...

I think the dean only calls for acceptances and then e-mails or snail mail gets sent for waitlist and rejections o_O EEK

the wait is definitely a drag =/ I hope all of us get in!

yeah kind of surprised! I guess the dean is really busy I know hes been traveling so I guess it's going to take longer than expected o_O I'm sure he is working on some important residency stuff for the future and can't respond. The students and staff emphasized how he always makes sure he is timely on these things because he knows how students are so I'm sure they will be coming soon. I'm going to keep telling myself that so it helps the wait...lol

JUST GOT THE CALL!!! ACCEPTED C/O 2017!!! This is unbelievable! AHHH

ACCEPTED C/0 2017!! Got the call around 9 this morning! So excited!

Congratulations!!! I was half asleep when he called and was so out of it haha could not believe it! Are you going?
Hahaha...I have a bunch of outside things that I need to figure out/consider but I am definitely thinking so! Are you going?

Last edited:
Hahaha...I have a bunch of outside things that I need to figure out/consider but I am definitely thinking so! I can not wait! Are you going?

Haha I really do love the school so we will see gonna sit down and think about it xD Really excited for everything it offers though :) When did you interview?

Accepted! Got the call this morning around 9am....The Dean seems really nice!

I got the acceptance call this afternoon at 3:00! Interviewed this last Saturday

Hey guys, same old question. I am a senior neurobio with a 3.53 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA, and a 3.7 nsGPA. I just got my mcat score back today and it was a 23O even though Pikeville has a 25 average. I am disappointed with that score but it seems my GPA is at the average or a little above for some of the schools. I have over a year of shadowing a variety of physicians. I am currently working as a phlebotomist/lab tech at a private doctors office that sees 14,000 patients a year, so I am familiar with the medical setting and different insurance policies. I was also the scholarship chair of my fraternity and played a collegiate sport for 2 years. I just want to figure out my competitiveness to get an interview at Pikeville.

Hey guys, same old question. I am a senior neurobio with a 3.53 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA, and a 3.7 nsGPA. I just got my mcat score back today and it was a 23O even though Pikeville has a 25 average. I am disappointed with that score but it seems my GPA is at the average or a little above for some of the schools. I have over a year of shadowing a variety of physicians. I am currently working as a phlebotomist/lab tech at a private doctors office that sees 14,000 patients a year, so I am familiar with the medical setting and different insurance policies. I was also the scholarship chair of my fraternity and played a collegiate sport for 2 years. I just want to figure out my competitiveness to get an interview at Pikeville.

Your MCAT score isn't everything. The average for KYCOM might be 25, but there are several in my class who scored over 30 (meaning there are several who scored below 25 also). My point is don't get hung up on the MCAT score, especially since you're only 2 points off the average. You sound like a well-rounded applicant, so just put your best foot forward and see what happens. I'm not on the admissions committee, but I think you have a great shot at getting an interview.

I was complete on 8-17......haven't heard anything since.

I was complete around then as well and I haven't heard anything either.

Just got the complete email...I think

anyone know of any greyhound buses or amtraks to pikeville?

Hey current KYCOM students,

I have some questions regarding the 3rd and 4th years that I hope someone can jump on and answer.

1) Do they sent up all the rotations for you, except for the elective rotations?

2) are the elective rotations at a good time for doing some audition rotations or are they too late/early?

3) Housing during these clincial years, is it set up for you or is it all on you?

looking forard to the anwsers.