Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just an fyi, I spoke with the admissions office today and they said they will start reviewing files for interviews next week!

Members don't see this ad.

I received my secondary this morning. However, it looks like I'm not too far behind anyone else seeing how they haven't started sending interview invitations. Does anyone have any pictures of their campus? A quick google search didn't yield much.

Well I had hoped to be on here more, but time got away from me. I can't believe some people have already gotten into schools this year and interviews are starting again. I'm a first year so my scope is limited, but if anyone has any specific questions feel free to pm me. It might take me a few days to get back to you, but I'll try to answer any questions.

Basically we're pretty awesome here at PCOM-GA. I love it! Definitely get your applications in so you can come see it for yourself during interviews.

And to the above poster, the reason why you don't see many photos is because we don't really have a traditional "campus." The school is converted from an old Costco warehouse so it is all included in one building. However, it has everything you need and I prefer that I don't have to walk across a big campus to get to everything. I loved that during undergrad, but for med school you just want to be able to have convenient access to your professors and to do everything as efficiently as possible. In my opinion, having the school contained to one building aids in that...but that's just my thoughts. Regardless of your preferences though, the campus has everything you need to be successful.

Members don't see this ad :)
And now the wait begins...Just submitted EVERYTHING! Anybody hear from this school yet? :uhno:

I received an interview invite yesterday! Hoping for the best :)

Been complete for a while now, still haven't heard anything though :-/

I just received the secondary tonight and noticed that the letter of recommendation they ask for is just pre-health advisor or comittee (we don't have that) academic advisor (wasn't really close to them) or dean/department chair (again, don't have a letter from them). Does anyone know if they accept letters from science professors in place of these?

I'm applying to both of the PCOM campuses. I got my undergrad to do a Dean's letter of good standing. I was wondering if I had to have them send it to both schools even though their admission's mailing address is the same.

Yes.

While they use the same mailing address the admissions offices and staff are different.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I had applied for both the PCOM campuses in my primary application. I have recieved the secondaries from both, and I was wondering if I should apply to one campus,and they share applications, or should I apply to both. The applications appear to be exactly the same!

Thanks,

Congrats to all those interviewing Oct 19th. Ima be there too. Flying in to ATL right? Has anyone looked into transportation from the airport to PCOM, is there a shuttle, bus?

Is there anyone else that plans on taking the January 2013 MCAT test and still plans on applying for this cycle?

I understand that it is very late in the cycle but does anyone know if there is still a decent chance of getting accepted or do only one or two people get accepted if they take the January MCAT?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to everyone :)
I did that last year. Definitely wouldn't suggest it at all. It was a huge waste of money.

Do they send out a complete email? Does it say you're complete anywhere on the Application Summary?

To those who got interviews this week....did you get an email or a call?

Congrats to all those interviewing Oct 19th. Ima be there too. Flying in to ATL right? Has anyone looked into transportation from the airport to PCOM, is there a shuttle, bus?

Im interviewing on the 19th too.. I have no idea how to get from atlanta to suwanee. A cab ride would be too expensive

Texas Girl

Anyone wanna share a room!!!!!!! Trying to save money

I'm interviewing the 19th as well! Does anyone know if they are open or closed file interviews?

Who is in the 0900 interview on the 19th?

Sounds like they are going to have a heck of a busy day!!

Got my interview here today! Woo super excited about this one. 11/9, I feel like thats a little late in the game but better later than never I guess. Anybody else going to be there then?

Got my interview here today! Woo super excited about this one. 11/9, I feel like thats a little late in the game but better later than never I guess. Anybody else going to be there then?

You aren't late at all. The school just started scheduling interviews later.

When were you complete by?

Do I have to have a pre-health committee letter and a letter from the dean? Is there a way around this?

I'll be there on the 19th too! Can't wait to meet all of you :)

Oh God, I'd like to see those times soon, when we'll be receiving IIs from PCOM like a beautiful shower on a sunny day. :love: