Pedo 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi DD

yea, i sent everything in right away months ago..the check even cleared. who knows..

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering what people have heard about the Louisville program, if anything. Just curious.

Times seems to go so fast…. Unless you’re waiting!!!! Lol!!!:scared:

Program: Lutheran- Brooklyn
Date invited: 9/28
Mode of invite: Phone
Dates offered: 11/11

I also applied to the Alaska and Hawaii sites. I heard that last year they did interviews for those two at the same time as the Brooklyn ones, but I was too scared to ask. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an interview to Lutheran-Brooklyn for 11/10. What other dates were people offered for Brooklyn? 11/10, 11/11...any other dates?

I also got an interview for Lutheran in Holyoke, MA. They do their applications one at a time. I am sure the other sites will come next....

San Antonio
phone call today 11/5, 11/12

Hey guys,

I am a fourth year at Baylor in Dallas, Tx....currently checking my email about 10 times a day!!

I do have a quick question: Can anyone tell me about how many people interview at the LMC Brooklyn, Alaska and RI sites?

I have one to add to the list. Tennessee..contacted 9.27 for a date on 10.14 - 10.15. I think they have other dates October and November

Shout out if you have some Texas questions. I can share what I know.

Good luck to everyone!

for those that have heard from UW, how did they contact you for an interview? I am not at home much these days and so rarely check my mail... thanks!

Roodental, how did Tennessee contact you?

In response to the last question, University of Washington sent out an e-mail a couple of weeks ago just saying the application was complete, these were the interview dates, and that they'd be contacting us in early October. I'm not sure that anyone has actually been invited to an interview yet. If you didn't get an e-mail, you might want to contact the program coordinator to make sure your application is complete.

Miami Children's-Phone call-October 28th

Roodental, how did Tennessee contact you?

In response to the last question, University of Washington sent out an e-mail a couple of weeks ago just saying the application was complete, these were the interview dates, and that they'd be contacting us in early October. I'm not sure that anyone has actually been invited to an interview yet. If you didn't get an e-mail, you might want to contact the program coordinator to make sure your application is complete.

thanks toof doc! I emailed them tonight... hopefully I'll hear next week... good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It feels horrible when a place you've applied to sends out invites and you dont get one, that's why I applied to 25 programs haha!

Program: Buffalo
Date invited: 09/09
Mode of invite: US Mail
Dates offered: 10/1

Program: Lutheran- Holyoke, MA
Date invited: 09/15
Dates offered: 11/2, 11/4

Program: Rochester
Date invited: 09/16
Dates offered: 11/15, 11/22, 12/6

Program: Lutheran- Hawaii
Date invited: 9/18
Dates offered: 11/15, 11/16

Program: Baylor
Date invited: 09/20
Dates offered: 12/1-12/2, 12/2-12/3

Program: Lutheran- Anchorage, AK
Date invited: 09/20
Dates offered: ??????????

Program: Temple
Date invited: 09/24
Mode of invite: US Mail
Dates offered: 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6

Program: Lutheran- Providence, RI
Date invited: 09/24
Dates offered: 10/24-10/25, 10/25-10/26

Program: University of Washington
Date invited: 09/27
Dates offered: 10/18, 11/1. Optional 10/19, 11/2 for Yakima

Program: University of Pittsburgh
Date invited: 09/27
Dates offered: 10/22, 11/19

Program: Tennessee
Date invited 9/27
Mode of invite: email
Dates offered: 10/14, 10/15

Program: Lutheran- Brooklyn
Date invited: 09/28
Dates offered: 11/11

Program: San Antonio
Date invited: 09/29
Dates offered: 11/5, 11/12

Program: Louisville
Date invited: 9/30, 10/5
Mode of invite: E-mail
Dates offered: 10/20, 11/10

Program: Miami (MCH)
Date invited: 10/1
Dates offered: 10/28

Program: Iowa
Date invited: 10/01
Dates offered: 11/15, 12/6

Program: Lutheran - Tucsan, AZ
Date invited: 10/4
Date offered: 12/6, 12/7

Program: University of Kentucky
Date offered: ???

Program: Washington
Date offered: ???

Program: Penn (CHOP)
Date Invited: 10/5
Mode of invite: e-mail
Dates offered 11/5, 12/3

Program: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Date Invited: 10/5
Mode of invite: phone call, then email
Dates Offered: December 2-3, 9-10, or 16-17

Program: Virgina (VCU)
Date invited: 10/5
Mode of invite: phone call
Dates offered: 11/15

Program: South Carolina (MUSC)
Date invited: 10/05
Dates offered: 11/15-11/16 and 12/6-12/7

Program: Children's Colorado
Date invited: 10/06
Mode of invite: phone
Dates offered: 11/15

Program: Geisinger
Date invited: 10/07
Dates offered: 11/18 or 11/19

Last edited:
I just got a rejection letter from Cincinnati Children’s. It was one of my top picks. Sigh, at least they let me know so I don’t have to wonder. I hope this is not a sign of things to come!!! Six more programs for me to hear from! :xf:

Que: Do most programs offer all of their interviews at once? Should I assume if someone has heard from a program and I have not that I am out? Thanks!

Hi guys this is a pretty informative thread. So far this is what I have (or do NOT have) haha!

U of Iowa - interview invite

U of Louisville - interview invite

U of Wash - rejection for an interview

Let's keep our fingers crossed and good luck to all!! :xf:

I just got a rejection letter from Cincinnati Children’s. It was one of my top picks. Sigh, at least they let me know so I don’t have to wonder. I hope this is not a sign of things to come!!! Six more programs for me to hear from! :xf:

Que: Do most programs offer all of their interviews at once? Should I assume if someone has heard from a program and I have not that I am out? Thanks!

Don't get down on yourself Sweet Toof, I think some programs send out some initial interview invites before the deadline and then send out another batch after reviewing all the applications. It's still early!

UW interview invite today via e-mail. Good luck to everbody!

Thanks HappyDentist!

This process is more stressful than I expected! Haha :rolleyes:

Penn (CHOP), via e-mail. Looks like they have dates on the Nov. 5th and December 3rd.

Penn (CHOP), via e-mail. Looks like they have dates on the Nov. 5th and December 3rd.

Congrats on the interview! I also received an email from UPenn but they only listed the November 5th date, did they offer both to you? Just wondering if there is any possibility to switch if necessary? Sooooo excited though!

Congrats on the interview! I also received an email from UPenn but they only listed the November 5th date, did they offer both to you? Just wondering if there is any possibility to switch if necessary? Sooooo excited though!

I think that the December date might just be for Penn students...not sure. They sent me an e-mail first for November 5th, which started at 8:45, and then sent me another e-mail saying that was a mistake and that I should come December 5th at 11:45....so I feel like it's probably a day reserved for their alma mater. Not positive though...you could probably ask them.

I am so excited!!! I just got my first interview invite:soexcited:

Louisville
Email
November 10th with casual dinner the night before

Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Today via phone call, then email
Interview dates are December 2-3, 9-10, or 16-17

Just got a call from VCU about an interview on November 15th - a letter will be sent next week about specific times. I asked about alternate dates but was told this was the only date available. I am an alumnus at VCU so am not sure if that is why only one date was given...not to mention previous interview dates have always occurred on Thursdays and Fridays?!?!

Anyhow, I've been following this thread for a while and am glad I finally have some new info to post!

Lutheran Tucson is also interviewing 12/7

I got the Tucson one on 12/6, it's stressful that Tucson and Holyoke are not participating in the Match, have you heard how Lutheran is going about this? It must be pretty interesting for you since you're interviewing at three Lutheran sites!

MUSC. Yesterday by e-mail.
dates: 11/15-11/16 and 12/6-12/7.

Voice mail message from The Children's Hospital (Aurora, Colorado) today. They didn't answer when I called back, so I'm not yet sure of the dates, but I'll let you know when I find out.

Hey! Has anyone heard from programs in New York, PA, or Boston yet? I'm patiently and nervously waiting! Good luck to everyone :)

Toof doctor- where are you at school? Wondering if you are at Colorado and if you know if The Children's Hospital gave all their invites out already.
Thanks!

Toof doctor- where are you at school? Wondering if you are at Colorado and if you know if The Children's Hospital gave all their invites out already.
Thanks!

Hi - The Children's Hospital @ Aurora, CO is interviewing on Nov. 15th and I understand that is the only date offered.

Thanks!

I'm at Penn...not sure if they gave out all of their invites yet or not, but I doubt it. These things tend to come in waves. Keep an eye out for it in the next week though, I bet you'll get one!! ;o).

Hey! Has anyone heard from programs in New York, PA, or Boston yet? I'm patiently and nervously waiting! Good luck to everyone :)

From what I can tell, Lutheran, Rochester, and Buffalo are the main New York programs people have heard from. And then Penn and Pittsburgh for PA. Not sure about any Boston ones though....

Last edited:
Geisinger today by e-mail for 11/18 or 11/19 :)

I have a little too much time on my hands! the no shows have at the clinic have been driving me crazy because I have time to stair at my email counter and this forum :mad: I found last years pedo forum to find out when programs offered invites to compare to this year.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=654741&page=7

I know what you mean, I love my busy days... they keep me away from my email and here! Thanks for the link civicevolution. Compared to last year, it seems like we are 1-2 weeks later. At least for a few schools.

I know what you mean, I love my busy days... they keep me away from my email and here! Thanks for the link civicevolution. Compared to last year, it seems like we are 1-2 weeks later. At least for a few schools.

or maybe people aren't posting or viewing like last year?

it depends whether the thread has active members, last year there was Huggies, someone who leads discussion both in Pedo and NBDE forums

my suggestion is to get more news and info about programs in the thread and you would see more posts and fortunately, invites reports mentioned