PCOM - Georgia Campus 2009 -2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lawyerdoc2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an e-mail today that my application is complete. Anyone received an interview invitation yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an e-mail today that my application is complete. Anyone received an interview invitation yet?

Did you have anything, such as letters, sent to the Georgia Campus or Main Campus? Because there a a number of us who got an email saying the undergrad letter is missing as well as our DO, even if we used Interfolio or VirtualEvals

This is for everyone that got the email from PCOM-GA about them not having your LORs. This is the response I got back today from them--

EMAIL
"Thank you for your email. Let us first thank you for your patience as
we transition to our new paperless system. Yesterday, quite a few email
notifications were sent out in error, some of which also contained
incorrect information. We are working diligently to correct the problem
and apologize for any inconvenience. We urge you to check back with us
at the end of the month to inquire on your application status, as the
problem should be corrected by that time."

Members don't see this ad :)
I called PCOM Admissions a few moments ago. There is a glitch in their e-mail system. They are going through each application by hand to verify completeness including receipt of LORs. Another e-mail will be going out in a few days that is supposed to be accurate.

For now, hold the panic to a minimum.

Did you have anything, such as letters, sent to the Georgia Campus or Main Campus? Because there a a number of us who got an email saying the undergrad letter is missing as well as our DO, even if we used Interfolio or VirtualEvals
My letter were all sent to PCOM in Philly which then sends them to Atlanta. After speaking to PCOM Philly Admissions I called PCOM Georgia and was told that in fact, my application was complete.

Orientation of the Class of 2013 begins today so us 2014 folks are not today's priority. No interview invitations have gone out yet.

For the supplemental-
I have read that GA-PCOM has gone paperless, however my e-mail tells me to print it out and mail it by snail mail... has everyone else received these instructions?

Also, did yall type your information onto the PDF, then print it... or print it then write in the info?

For the supplemental-
I have read that GA-PCOM has gone paperless, however my e-mail tells me to print it out and mail it by snail mail... has everyone else received these instructions?

Also, did yall type your information onto the PDF, then print it... or print it then write in the info?
I printed it out, filled it out in ink and mailed it. My suppemental essays were typed and attached. The school said it looks fine and my application is complete. I am awaiting scores from my re-take of the MCAT on August 5th. The school said that they will not review my application until after September 8th when the MCAT scores are released. Nothing for me to do but wait and pray.

anybody know how this school is for oos students...on the website it said they want people who will practice in the south. also are you guys using the same essay for pcom and pcom-ga i couldnt really think of anything else to say

anybody know how this school is for oos students...on the website it said they want people who will practice in the south. also are you guys using the same essay for pcom and pcom-ga i couldnt really think of anything else to say

I am a first year at GA-PCOM and we just finished our orientation today. One data that was presented to us was the number of Georgia residents in my class and the previous classes. The number has been increasing from class to class but not by much. About half of my classmates are from Georgia. However, I don't think their emphasis is on where you're applying from. They're more interested to know if you're determined to practice in the southern states (especially GA) after graduation. I was an OOS applicant myself and I did fine. If you're a good fit to the school, they will gladly accept you whether you're an OOS applicant or not.

I basically used the same essays for both campuses but if you have some specific reasons to why you would want to attend the georgia campus, that would definitely help.

Just to let you all know, the average GPA (I believe the dean was referring to cumulative GPA) for my class was a 3.7 and the average MCAT score was 27-28 (I was surprised that our numbers were so high). I was below avg for both and I was an OOS applicant and I still got in.

Good luck to all of you! =D

Last edited:
Just to let you all know, the average GPA (I believe the dean was referring to cumulative GPA) for my class was a 3.7 and the average MCAT score was 27-28 (I was surprised that our numbers were so high). I was below avg for both and I was an OOS applicant and I still got in.

Good luck to all of you! =D

Yeah, that is a pretty high GPA for an average, especially a somewhat brand new school/campus. I thought PCOM-PA was even around a 3.5.

Any resolution on the LOR thing?
My secondary app fee just cleared the bank earlier this week and my LOR (through interfolio) and secondaries were sent over two weeks ago, so I emailed admissions to see if I was complete. My PCOM-Philly is complete but they dont have my LOR for PCOM-GA, though they were sent at the same time by Interfolio. I emailed this fact back to admissions and also to Interfolio.
Has anyone had this resolved for them yet?

So I received the email from PCOM last week and I'm starting the essays today. I saw in the application that it has a box to check if you applied to the Georgia campus. On AACOMAS, I applied to both the PA and GA campuses. Does that mean I have to print two copies of the application (check the box on one, but not on the other), and print two essays to then send all of that to the main campus in PA but on one envelop indicate GA campus and the other PA campus?

I tried reading up on the PCOM-PA thread but couldn't find an answer.

thanks!!!! :)

So I received the email from PCOM last week and I'm starting the essays today. I saw in the application that it has a box to check if you applied to the Georgia campus. On AACOMAS, I applied to both the PA and GA campuses. Does that mean I have to print two copies of the application (check the box on one, but not on the other), and print two essays to then send all of that to the main campus in PA but on one envelop indicate GA campus and the other PA campus?

I wasn't sure either so I just sent two apps with two essays and two checks in two envelopes.

Has anyone gone to visit the campus and taken a tour?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you do need to print on separate copies if you applied to the PA and GA campuses. They need separate versions since they're separate admission committees.

I was granted an interview last year and then put on the wait list. I never got off of it, so I'm applying again. It's a pretty small school. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them.

If you read the secondary that you receive from each school you will notice that they are slightly different from one another, since one application says to check off if you applied to the Philadelphia campus, and the other says to check off if you applied to the Georgia campus. Essentially they are different applications to "different schools," even though they are the same school but on different campuses. To make sure there are no mix-ups, you should print one copy from each school, check off the appropriate box, and send them separately along with the application fee ($50 I believe), even though they are sent to the same address. You don't want any chance of any mix-up. That's what I did. :)

If you read the secondary that you receive from each school you will notice that they are slightly different from one another, since one application says to check off if you applied to the Philadelphia campus, and the other says to check off if you applied to the Georgia campus. Essentially they are different applications to "different schools," even though they are the same school but on different campuses. To make sure there are no mix-ups, you should print one copy from each school, check off the appropriate box, and send them separately along with the application fee ($50 I believe), even though they are sent to the same address. You don't want any chance of any mix-up. That's what I did. :)

The one I received is for the Philly campus (since it asks me to check the box saying I applied to the GA campus). Does that mean I'll get a separate email from the GA campus?

The one I received is for the Philly campus (since it asks me to check the box saying I applied to the GA campus). Does that mean I'll get a separate email from the GA campus?

Yes, I received two e-mails; one from the Philadelphia campus, one from the Georgia campus. I received them both on the same day and interestingly, both at the exact same time.

Has PCOM-GA started giving out invites for interviews yet?

I have been complete here since early August. Has anyone heard anything from the school as far as interviews go?

Hey everybody. I was wondering how long should it take you to recieve your secondary application after you send your first one in? Thanks!

i havent heard a peep from the ga campus or the pa campus. the only indication ive gotten is from my bank, which shows my checks have been cashed.

i havent heard a peep from the ga campus or the pa campus. the only indication ive gotten is from my bank, which shows my checks have been cashed.

Same here. They cashed those babies right quick.

I received an email from them a few weeks ago concerning my application. I emailed them to confirm that I was complete, they replied I was, and then a week later another email saying my application is complete and going under review. I haven't heard from them since. :confused:

I wonder how long your response to "healthcare-related experience" was.
The application only provides a space enough for 2 lines.....

I wonder how long your response to "healthcare-related experience" was.
The application only provides a space enough for 2 lines.....
I printed out the Secondary Application and filled it out in ink. I attached printed out typed essays, including the health care experience - about a page and a half.

my AACOMAS should be verified next week, I am going to tell my advisor to release my LORs. Should I tell her to release them to the address below?
PCOM-Georgia campus
Admissions Coordinator
625 Old Peachtree Road NW
Suwanee, GA 30024

my AACOMAS should be verified next week, I am going to tell my advisor to release my LORs. Should I tell her to release them to the address below?
PCOM-Georgia campus
Admissions Coordinator
625 Old Peachtree Road NW
Suwanee, GA 30024

NO. EVERYTHING goes to the PA campus.

I sent all of my stuff to the Peachtree address. I wish I could find the page on their website where it said to do that, but I can't. Now all I can find is a page saying to send it to Philly. Hrmmmmm. I swear I found that address on their website.

Last edited:
I sent all of my stuff to the Peachtree address. I wish I could find the page on their website where it said to do that, but I can't. Now all I can find is a page saying to send it to Philly. Hrmmmmm. I swear I found that address on their website.

I dont remember anything with directions to send to GA. I went by the directions on the secondary which gives the philly address

I printed out the Secondary Application and filled it out in ink. I attached printed out typed essays, including the health care experience - about a page and a half.

Do you talk about only the new things you have done after you submitted AACOMAS or put down the previous ones that are already on my primary app.?

I would resend everything you sent to the GA address to the PA address. I think you must of misread something. Everything I've been reading for the past few years has said to send materials to the PA campus.

No need to resend. I had a friend that this happened to (o.K. it was me) and I called PCOM in PA and they said it happens all the time. The wrong recipient justs sends it to the correct one. Breath easy.

i diagree. i'd resend your materials if you still have them available. youve been working years to get to this point in applications, why trust someone who is likely busy at the beginning of a new term to forward your stuff to the right place. fork over the extra couple bucks to re-mail your materials and sleep easy knowing all your stuff got to the right place.

Hey folks does anyone have any idea how many apps are generally submitted to PCOM-GA? I havent been lucky finding any data on this one. I know philly gets a ton..just not sure about -GA

Anyone getting complete emails yet? I sent in everything a few weeks ago and it looks like they have it.

I visited the GA campus today since I was in ATL for the wedding. Had a brief tour, liked what I saw, chatted with a woman from admissions (who said I would most likely get an interview after reviewing my file) and took off.

She sent me with some pamphlets about the school...in one of them, on how to be a competitive applicant it said they have a GPA cutoff of 3.3...anyone know if that is true, or strictly abided. I have a 3.27 overall and around 3.8 science.

I liked the school and have a lot of family in the area so I hope I still have a shot.

Oh...for current students, is it pretty obvious who texastriathlete is? Or are there other people who wander around in tshirts from triathalons in texas?

Thanks

I've called them about once a week for the past 3 weeks to make sure they have everything, especially since I applied to both campuses. Last week, the woman told me they hadn't received my LORs, then after I told her they were available through Virtual Eval, she looked it up and said "oh, there they are, ok". If you stay on top of them, you'll be sure not to end up at the bottom of the pile.

As of this afternoon, I'm complete. Can't wait for an interview invite..! :)/:scared:

Oh...for current students, is it pretty obvious who texastriathlete is? Or are there other people who wander around in tshirts from triathalons in texas?

Thanks

Hah, yeah, that was him. The Legend.

Same here. They cashed those babies right quick.

When I called them the other day, they said that they legally cannot hold checks, so once they receive them, they have to cash them immediately. However, your application gets the slow treatment, lol. I would call just to make sure they have everything. I just found out that AACOMAS never updated my MCAT scores even though I had the AAMC send them over in July. So my applications everywhere for DO schools have been sitting. So much for getting them in early. But it's good to call (obviously for me) because you might find out you're missing something you shouldn't be.

Interview invite for 1st Monday in October. I am really excited. I wish you all the best of luck.

She sent me with some pamphlets about the school...in one of them, on how to be a competitive applicant it said they have a GPA cutoff of 3.3...anyone know if that is true, or strictly abided. I have a 3.27 overall and around 3.8 science.

There are people on this board who have gotten in with less than a 3.3 and a strong MCAT. I bet the mean GPA is 3.3 and the literature is simply misleading.

I got an email this afternoon inviting me to interview on October 6th. Good news there...
I dont know if it helped any, but a DO I shadowed told me that he got an interview everywhere he had taken the time to go visit beforehand. I just visited and had a tour last Friday and got the invite less than a week later.
Maybe a coincidence...but just throwing it out there

congrats on the invites. let me know if you need anything before your interviews. I serve the school as the student ambassador leader and would be happy to help anyone out if you get in touch with me. good luck during your interview season and we hope to see you guys soon on your visit.

Got my invite today! Oct. 19th!! :laugh: Very exciting...

I received my interview invitation via e-mail on 09/24/2009. The interview is October 20th.:) :xf:

I got an email this afternoon inviting me to interview on October 6th. Good news there...
I dont know if it helped any, but a DO I shadowed told me that he got an interview everywhere he had taken the time to go visit beforehand. I just visited and had a tour last Friday and got the invite less than a week later.
Maybe a coincidence...but just throwing it out there
I sent an e-mail to Trena G. politely making inquiry into where I stand. I then called and got her voice mail that said that she was out on a recruiting trip and to leave a message so I did. The next day I received the e-mail invite. Coincidence or does being proactive help? I don't know. I am so excited about the interview.

for all of those with an interview invite, where are you guys from?
Please reply to help out other applicants.. since this school is very Southeastern oriented... thx..