Oregon State c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody have any information about the in state waitlist? I'm in the top 5, and I'm not expecting to get into any other schools this cycle so I'm really hoping Oregon accepts me. I know the out-of-state waitlist typically moves a lot, but haven't heard much about in-state. Has anyone declined their in-state seat?

Reactions: 1 user
I feel you @bigpuppygirl . I haven’t heard anything but I’m in the same boat; I just need one person to decline their seat offer 😬 I also don’t think I’m getting any other offers this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you @bigpuppygirl . I haven’t heard anything but I’m in the same boat; I just need one person to decline their seat offer 😬 I also don’t think I’m getting any other offers this year.
That’s amazing!! I’m right behind you in the #2 position on the IS waitlist! And I actually confirmed with another student that they declined their IS seat already. So hopefully you hear something soon! If you do, can you please keep us posted?

@bigpuppygirl @tacochan
Okay! I asked Tess about waitlist movement and she said it’s historically been 4-8 in state declines
She told me the same as well! She also said she’d call us if we were accepted off the waitlist and then email us. If one IS student already declined their seat a few days ago, I wonder why it’s taking a while to contact you! 😭

Well I only asked her yesterday, so I think I’m only #1 in the new updated list as of yesterday 😬 @tacochan

Well I only asked her yesterday, so I think I’m only #1 in the new updated list as of yesterday 😬 @tacochan
Really? I've been in the #2 spot since decisions first came out and I've been inquiring about my waitlist status since then... Was yesterday the first time you asked about your waitlist position? Maybe you've been #1 this whole time and there's been no movement yet? :confused:

Last time I checked in with Tess on February 10th, she said she would email me once I moved to the #1 position. I haven't bugged her since then, but I'm so curious to see if my status has changed at all!

Oooooh okay I definitely don’t have the whole story then. Yeah, I was inspired to ask by @bigpuppygirl and got a reply this morning from Tess.

Oooooh okay I definitely don’t have the whole story then. Yeah, I was inspired to ask by @bigpuppygirl and got a reply this morning from Tess.
I see! I was hoping to hear some good news but I guess the waiting game continues :bigtears:

Maybe they're still processing the one IS student who declined their seat and then you'll find out via phone call that you're admitted soon enough! I'm rooting for you!

Ugh, rooting for all of us. Waiting sucks. I get the urge to email Tess like five times a day haha
Same!!!! Though we are the lucky ones, at least our rank is not a mystery and we'll get admitted as spots become available. Still, I feel your pain!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sources to search for housing?? I'm OOS accepted and have been looking into housing options and haven't found too many that accept pets yet... idk might be a little too early to get worried about these things but I just want to be prepared haha

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sources to search for housing?? I'm OOS accepted and have been looking into housing options and haven't found too many that accept pets yet... idk might be a little too early to get worried about these things but I just want to be prepared haha
Hi, congrats to your acceptance :)

There are actually many apartments in Corvallis that allow pets. This is a good place to start. You can narrow down the price and other criteria you want.
You can also look at Craigslist and the OSU VetMed Facebook group. You may find some current and/or graduating students looking for housemates or someone to take over their leases. Good luck!

I am off the waitlist and officially part of the class of 2026! 😊

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Accepting a position at Penn instead and declining my OOS seat, good luck to those on the waitlist!

Hi guys, I just turned down my OOS seat in favor of a contract seat. Best wishes to you all

Got called off the IS waitlist on Monday! :’)
Can’t wait to see you all in September!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just curious if any admitted students have received a financial aid offer yet? Or if anyone knows when financial aid award letters are released?

Anyone on the out of state waitlist? Been waiting since December. :((((((( so sadddd. Anyone lmk if they got off the out of state list. Thanks!!!

Anyone on the out of state waitlist? Been waiting since December. :((((((( so sadddd. Anyone lmk if they got off the out of state list. Thanks!!!
Still waiting! Guessing we won't start hearing anything until after the April deadline

Lol love how the most recent update (non resident waitlist) is essentially just them repeating what they’ve been saying since December….this is so agonizing

Waiting impatiently patiently for that next e-mail from Tess for OOS waitlist info 😅

Same. I’m going to email her and ask for an update. It’s so late in the cycle so it’s getting pretty frustrating.
The deadline to accept was only April 15 and then this weekend was Easter weekend so I’m sure theyll make a lot more progress this week

The deadline to accept was only April 15 and then this weekend was Easter weekend so I’m sure theyll make a lot more progress this week
She replied to my email and said they aren’t pulling anyone at all as of now.
1C9878E7-7792-4D0E-AF7E-E7445C287ACC.jpeg

I got the email too
Yeah I would start applying again if this was the last program you were waiting on like me. Lol it’s kinda frustrating that they can’t give a straight forward no but it basically is. I mean last cycle they only accepted 35 out of state people and the wait list is 90 lol on top of the people they already selected. So maybe one of us will get lucky but they for sure won’t get through it very far.

Yeah… I’m also waitlisted at Mizzou and UW-Madison, but I’m going to start preparing for this application cycle to prepare for the worse. Mizzou is also full rn and their waitlist is also unranked

Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to you if you’re applying again this cycle!

Just fyi for anyone looking at buying a laptop for school, OSU in the past has forgot to mention to incoming students that only windows and mac computers work with the schools IT system/programs. No ipads, chromebooks, etc. work, but any mac or windows computers are fine. It's not strictly necessary, but makes life a lot easier.