Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those of you who are waitlisted....how have you been contacting the office to update them of your activities, etc? Through phone or email? And how often?
Both, about every couple of weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call yesterday, I've been accepted! Interview was exactly one week previously. Super excited about it, and anxious to meet all the new students!
Do you happen to know if one week after the interview is usually how soon they call the interviewees?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you happen to know if one week after the interview is usually how soon they call the interviewees?
One week is pretty fast. Usually they say two weeks. Last cycle it seemed like it took closer to four from observing that thread.

Reactions: 1 user

Yeah, I think in that round OSU wanted to let the interviewees know before Thanksgiving.

This whole wait-list thing is killing me.

Reactions: 1 users
My status is still incomplete. I submitted all my secondary apps in November, and although I still haven't heard back from some schools I have received a few II's already. I checked the OSU application portal and literally just realized that they require 4 LORs if you don't have a committee letter... I believe that this is the only school that requires more than 3 LORs. I can get a 4th letter quickly, but I want to know if it's worth the extra money/effort since it would only be for this school.

OOS, 26 MCAT, 3.1 science GPA, 3.6 non-sci GPA, medical job experience, strong writer, good EC's. Thoughts?

My status is still incomplete. I submitted all my secondary apps in November, and although I still haven't heard back from some schools I have received a few II's already. I checked the OSU application portal and literally just realized that they require 4 LORs if you don't have a committee letter... I believe that this is the only school that requires more than 3 LORs. I can get a 4th letter quickly, but I want to know if it's worth the extra money/effort since it would only be for this school.

OOS, 26 MCAT, 3.1 science GPA, 3.6 non-sci GPA, medical job experience, strong writer, good EC's. Thoughts?
If you can get it sent in by the end of the week or so, you might as well since you've already paid the app fees. Being OOS with those #s, you're facing an uphill battle though.

Is anyone else who turned in secondary applications early-on still waiting for an interview offer? I turned in my secondary in August and still have not heard anything about an interview. I am in-state, 26 MCAT, 4.0 sGPA, 4.0oGPA. I know that my MCAT is low but I figured being in-state and having plenty of hospital experience would give me a chance at an interview. Curious to see if anyone is in the same position!

Is anyone else who turned in secondary applications early-on still waiting for an interview offer? I turned in my secondary in August and still have not heard anything about an interview. I am in-state, 26 MCAT, 4.0 sGPA, 4.0oGPA. I know that my MCAT is low but I figured being in-state and having plenty of hospital experience would give me a chance at an interview. Curious to see if anyone is in the same position!
Call the admissions office and ask what the status of your application is. Did you ever receive an email telling you that your application file is complete? You should definitely get an interview being in-state with those #s, which makes me think something is up. Call tomorrow morning, don't wait.

Call the admissions office and ask what the status of your application is. Did you ever receive an email telling you that your application file is complete? You should definitely get an interview being in-state with those #s, which makes me think something is up. Call tomorrow morning, don't wait.

I called last month and inquired about it and they said that my application was complete. I had some issues months ago when I first submitted my application... I hope that isn't turning into a bigger problem. I will call them in the morning and make sure we are all sorted out. Thanks for the advice!

Been on the wait list since November, has anyone that's been wait listed heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't been called for an interview invite. I interviewed at this school last year and, if I recall correctly, they didn't send interview invites to many of the OSU grad students until the first week of February. I submitted my application in November last year and was given an invite in December. This year I submitted it in July and have still heard nothing.

When I submitted my application I had not applied to any other schools and indicated as such on my application. However, I ended up applying to OU-OKC and OU-SCM and have already interviewed at those schools. Is there a chance that indicating I only applied to OSU on my application may cause them to hold my interview invite towards the end since they don't feel they have to compete with other schools?

If so, should I contact admissions and let them know of my other interviews or should I just wait it out? I know calling and bugging them probably won't speed the process up and I feel confident of getting an invite since I had one last year but at this point I am starting to feel the nerves...

In response to Dylan's post-I don't know of any waitlist movement but I can discuss my experiences from last year. It seemed like many of those waitlisted from the December, January and February interviews were kept in a waitlisted limbo until Spring Break. Several students and I discussed how awful of a wait it was but the week before Spring Break they sent out a wave of acceptances and rejections. On a side note- Did you interview at OU-OKC on Jan 12th? I thought you were in my group but wasn't 100%..

I called last month and inquired about it and they said that my application was complete. I had some issues months ago when I first submitted my application... I hope that isn't turning into a bigger problem. I will call them in the morning and make sure we are all sorted out. Thanks for the advice!

I had similar experience at a different school.

Been on the wait list since November, has anyone that's been wait listed heard anything yet?
Dylan, I interviewed in November last year and didn't get off the waitlist until JULY! It sucks, but I wouldn't plan on hearing back anytime soon. They likely wont make any waitlist decisions until they have finished interviewing. Keep updating your application and good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Third year here...for reference I was waitlisted in December, accepted in May. It sucks, but it is what it is. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

I thought they usually had people off the list late January and February.

I believe they finished interviews around the end of March. I've been wait listed since October, and still haven't heard anything. :(

I believe they finished interviews around the end of March. I've been wait listed since October, and still haven't heard anything. :(
Same here.
Stay strong!

Last edited:
Accepted off the wait list yesterday!!!! Will be attending! PROUD TO BE A COWBOY :) :)

Reactions: 2 users
To those of you on the wait list since last 2014 my advice is to be sure to submit an updated transcript with last semester's grades and write a letter to admissions talking about what you're taking this semester.
Don't only just update AACOMAS.
If you're doing any new shadowing or volunteering, mention that.
If you have awesome plans for your medical missions work in the summer, mention that.

I interviewed two years in a row. The first time in January, and I was on the wait list until June before I was rejected.
The second time I had multiple meaningful LORs from alum, interviewed in February, and was again on the wait list until June.

I made a real effort to send updates and keep in touch the second round.
If you want to be at OSU more than anything, don't be ashamed to let them know.

Did anybody initially feel that their interview went well, but the more you think about it, more worried you get...That is what I feel now.

Accepted off the wait list! Still waiting to hear back from OU, but so excited to know I will be attending somewhere in the fall.

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed Jan. 14th, accepted Jan 30th through a phone call. Still waiting on my packet. I'll be attending the brunch this Saturday, anyone else going?

interviewed Jan. 14th, accepted Jan 30th through a phone call. Still waiting on my packet. I'll be attending the brunch this Saturday, anyone else going?
I don't know about packets. I was admitted in early November and have not received any sort of packet.

I was told I would be receiving paperwork in the mail. Perhaps I was misinformed? Either way, I imagine everything requiring attention is covered on the application website.

I was told I would be receiving paperwork in the mail. Perhaps I was misinformed? Either way, I imagine everything requiring attention is covered on the application website.
I'm sure it is. And the admissions office can assist with anything a student would need. By the way, congratulations!

Would someone mind posting the link to the application portal? I got a new computer and can't seem to find it in any of my old e-mails. Thanks!

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so please forgive me if this is in any way redundant, but it's getting near the time for us to fill out fafsa isn't it?

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so please forgive me if this is in any way redundant, but it's getting near the time for us to fill out fafsa isn't it?
If you're going to Admitted Student Day on Saturday, they should be giving an overview of what you need to do for financial aid.

Does anyone know how full the class is for August? My husband has applied and still hasn't heard anything.

I still haven't been called for an interview invite. I interviewed at this school last year and, if I recall correctly, they didn't send interview invites to many of the OSU grad students until the first week of February. I submitted my application in November last year and was given an invite in December. This year I submitted it in July and have still heard nothing.

When I submitted my application I had not applied to any other schools and indicated as such on my application. However, I ended up applying to OU-OKC and OU-SCM and have already interviewed at those schools. Is there a chance that indicating I only applied to OSU on my application may cause them to hold my interview invite towards the end since they don't feel they have to compete with other schools?

If so, should I contact admissions and let them know of my other interviews or should I just wait it out? I know calling and bugging them probably won't speed the process up and I feel confident of getting an invite since I had one last year but at this point I am starting to feel the nerves...

In response to Dylan's post-I don't know of any waitlist movement but I can discuss my experiences from last year. It seemed like many of those waitlisted from the December, January and February interviews were kept in a waitlisted limbo until Spring Break. Several students and I discussed how awful of a wait it was but the week before Spring Break they sent out a wave of acceptances and rejections. On a side note- Did you interview at OU-OKC on Jan 12th? I thought you were in my group but wasn't 100%..
Yes, that was me. I thought I recognized you but could not make the connection. Have you heard back from them yet?

Waitlisted today.
50 percent of the class comes off the waitlist, no worries! Update them periodically with shadowing, volunteering, letters and grades. You just have to show them that you really want to attend the school and you'll be pulled off the wait list, hopefully. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
50 percent of the class comes off the waitlist, no worries! Update them periodically with shadowing, volunteering, letters and grades. You just have to show them that you really want to attend the school and you'll be pulled off the wait list, hopefully. Good luck!

Can second this! Was waitlisted the beginning of January and accepted about 4 weeks later after sending an update.

Thank you. Im keeping my hopes up! I will definitely send updates.

This thread has been very helpful. I really appreciate every's advice and input!

Was complete August 4th. Been updating them. No interview invite yet.

Was complete August 4th. Been updating them. No interview invite yet.

Same with my husband. He's been calling about every week/every other week to update too. The last time he called they said they had a substantial amount of applications that they were trying to go through.