2020-2021 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any good apartments in Tahlequah?
The Pines and Pleasant View are the two most used apartment complexes by students right now. Although many, myself included, also rent townhouses or houses.
That being said there are other apartments complexes as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Current bridge student!

I know there's not much talk about this program in here so if you have any burning questions feel free to ask or PM me!

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted already and goodluck to those on your way! Can't wait to represent the class of 2025 with ya! :giggle:
Have you already been accepted for 2021? I’m waiting patiently for their call. Hopefully I get an interview and accepted to start this upcoming year

Have you already been accepted for 2021? I’m waiting patiently for their call. Hopefully I get an interview and accepted to start this upcoming year
I applied and was accepted into bridge last cycle so I'm currently halfway done with my bridge year and will start the medical curriculum this summer! Also to calm your nerves a little, they generally don't start interviewing bridge students until around March. They'll wait to receive most bridge applications before sending out interview invites. In my case I applied October 2019 and was part of the first group to interview late February 2020. Wishing you all the best! :)

I applied and was accepted into bridge last cycle so I'm currently halfway done with my bridge year and will start the medical curriculum this summer! Also to calm your nerves a little, they generally don't start interviewing bridge students until around March. They'll wait to receive most bridge applications before sending out interview invites. In my case I applied October 2019 and was part of the first group to interview late February 2020. Wishing you all the best! :)
Oh great. Thanks! Hopefully I receive the same results as you
Congratulations

Another quick question: do you remember how long after your interview did they send the acceptance letter?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does OSUCOM com send formal rejections or silent ones? My secondary was received on Sept. 30th. I know it was a long shot anyways being OOS but I was just wondering.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does OSUCOM com send formal rejections or silent ones? My secondary was received on Sept. 30th. I know it was a long shot anyways being OOS but I was just wondering.
They send out rejections. Also, just know our interview cycle lasts until April.

Anybody heard anything about Admitted Student Day? Would like to plan a weekend trip to check out Tulsa free from the stress of an interview!

Trying to send two updated extracurriculars and an LOR from a DO to OSU since my interview. There doesn't seem to be an option re resubmit the app though? Do they automatically get updated when you add things? I don't have any updated coursework or anything but I am not sure how to confirm they received anything or that it was sent. I am guessing you only can resubmit if you change grades or test scores? Any info would be appreciated.

Trying to send two updated extracurriculars and an LOR from a DO to OSU since my interview. There doesn't seem to be an option re resubmit the app though? Do they automatically get updated when you add things? I don't have any updated coursework or anything but I am not sure how to confirm they received anything or that it was sent. I am guessing you only can resubmit if you change grades or test scores? Any info would be appreciated.
When you update your aacomas, they will get the updated version. They also told me to email them to let them know that you had updated it as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another quick question: do you remember how long after your interview did they send the acceptance letter?
I heard back in about 5 days (interviewed Friday, heard back on Wednesday). I have heard from some other bridge students that it took them about 2 weeks to hear back, but that was near the beginning of the pandemic too which may have played into it.

Complete since early December OOS - still seats left for ii?

Doubtful, but curious! Has anyone got an interview to the bridge program yet?

What’s the soonest anyone’s heard back after an interview? The wait is unbearable lol

Does anyone know what average stats are for OOS?
Could be selection bias but from the people posting here (including myself OOS but “in region”) it seems like 510+ mcat with competitive gpa. But this is SDN, people’s stats skew towards the higher end.

Do you apply to the bridge program through AACOMAS?
All the OSU-COM admissions options (Bridge, 3+1, Guaranteed Admissions, Grad Certificate, etc) are listed on the first or second page of the secondary app! It will ask you if you are applying to any other programs beyond the traditional DO program, and allow you to check whichever boxes represent the programs for which you want to apply. If you apply for the Bridge Program, it will also ask you which of the qualifying groups you represent. Good luck! :)

Just got the call for an interview invite! I am a Bridge Program applicant.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
AWESOMEEEEE

can you give us stats? IS/OS? complete? <3
I am IS and my app was complete in mid-October!

cGPA: 3.95
sGPA: 4.0
200+ hours of shadowing, 1000 hours of volunteering, and around 2000 hours of PCE/HCE (scribe, nursing assistant). No research experience.
My MCAT is embarrassingly low so I would rather not blast it on the forum lol. I will have to retake it, but I heard that the Bridge Program prepares you very well for the MCAT!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I am IS and my app was complete in mid-October!

cGPA: 3.95
sGPA: 4.0
200+ hours of shadowing, 1000 hours of volunteering, and around 2000 hours of PCE/HCE (scribe, nursing assistant). No research experience.
My MCAT is embarrassingly low so I would rather not blast it on the forum lol. I will have to retake it, but I heard that the Bridge Program prepares you very well for the MCAT!
Learn from your first and kill your next test. MCAT test taking is a skill you can 100% develop.

Anyone OOS hear anything in a while? I was complete back in October. Nothing yet. Not surprised but also holding onto some hope

Can anyone tell me when the first day of mandatory activities for first year medical students is? I can't find the 2020-21 academic calendar anywhere on their site.

Current bridge student!

I know there's not much talk about this program in here so if you have any burning questions feel free to ask or PM me!

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted already and goodluck to those on your way! Can't wait to represent the class of 2025 with ya! :giggle:
Hey I had a question. How did you apply to the bridge program? Did you have to apply through AACOMAS or was there a separate application process? Also how many students are in the bridge program with you and are any from out of state? Sorry fir the question over load lol. I’ve just been having a hard time find an answer to these questions on the internet.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me when the first day of mandatory activities for first year medical students is? I can't find the 2020-21 academic calendar anywhere on their site.
Our orientation begins the last week of July but we have some optional admission days that we can also go to sometime in June(TBA). Admission days are things like introducing us to curriculum, talking about financial aid and student loans, and talking to current medical students to get advice.

It looks like a lot of you are interested in the Bridge/GAP programs offered by OSU so I decided to post the link to the details of their Admissions Options for everyone to check out.

If you decide to take one of these routes, you will need to indicate it on you secondary application that you receive from OSU. Good luck to everyone during this admissions cycle!:)

Has anyone got a bridge interview invite yet?

Hey I had a question. How did you apply to the bridge program? Did you have to apply through AACOMAS or was there a separate application process? Also how many students are in the bridge program with you and are any from out of state? Sorry fir the question over load lol. I’ve just been having a hard time find an answer to these questions on the internet.
It's in the secondary application, and you'll have to check which boxes qualify you to be considered fro the bridge program!

A few years ago I was told that ~50 people apply to the bridge program and 8-10 are accepted. The program has expanded a little and I believe this year there are 10-12 bridge students. Most of them are in state or have strong Oklahoma ties. There's not much information about the program out there so feel free to ask anytime!🤗

Any recent OOS interviews? My application was complete 1/13.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any experience with interviewing, being waitlisted, and reapplying?

I'm trying not to panic or overthink, but it's difficult not to compare the two experiences. I applied and interviewed before, and idk how to stop freaking out that I haven't gotten an II. Any ideas on how likely it could be, given you have improved or added the things Lindsey suggested previously?