Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any good places to eat in Columbus? My fiancé and I are going down for his socially distanced tour at (hopefully) his new job and we were curious as to what people would recommend! We aren’t picky eaters by any means so any suggestions are appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any good places to eat in Columbus? My fiancé and I are going down for his socially distanced tour at (hopefully) his new job and we were curious as to what people would recommend! We aren’t picky eaters by any means so any suggestions are appreciated :)
I would recommend going to North Market and getting food from a bunch of different stalls! My personal fave was momos from Momo Ghar, but there’s also Nashville hot chicken, Thai, Mexican, Polish, Indian, Italian, and Belgium stalls (and I’m probably missing a few). There’s also a couple dessert stalls as well. There’s almost too many stalls and it’s hard to pick! I’m not sure how many stalls are open at the moment though, and there should be outdoor seating.

I got an email recently and I think they said in May.
Really?? How are we supposed to decide whether or not to accept the offer without the full financial package...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive your financial aid offer before the deadline to accept! I received my scholarship offer on March 6th last year via an email, then it appeared on my financial aid on buckeyelink. This cycle seems to be on a 2 week lag time based on when the acceptances went out - I would expect everyone to hear back soon if they received a scholarship.

You should receive your financial aid offer before the deadline to accept! I received my scholarship offer on March 6th last year via an email, then it appeared on my financial aid on buckeyelink. This cycle seems to be on a 2 week lag time based on when the acceptances went out - I would expect everyone to hear back soon if they received a scholarship.
My scholarship offer came on Feb.25. Unfortunately it was not good enough compared to some other schools for me to decide on the offer. Sandra said all recruitment scholarship has been out but there could possibly be more in other gift aids so I've been waiting on the financial package.

Hi, I'm currently on the OOS Waitlist. Are there any OOS applicants refusing their seats this year? I know it's a long shot for me, but I am curious to see how much the waitlist will move this year since it seems like more people applied to OOS schools because of COVID!

Hi, I'm currently on the OOS Waitlist. Are there any OOS applicants refusing their seats this year? I know it's a long shot for me, but I am curious to see how much the waitlist will move this year since it seems like more people applied to OOS schools because of COVID!
i'm still deciding between ohio and tufts so for what it's worth i can tell you there's a 50% chance on my end. it's a beautiful school, but waiting for my financial aid info from tufts and my midterm biochem & orgo 2 grades. if funds are about equal and i survive my nightmare semester, i may run off to new england after all.

I'm deciding among Purdue, tOSU, and Davis. Fair to say I'll most likely decline my OOS seat unless surprisingly good financial package.

City Barbeque is sooo good!!! It’s in upper Arlington so like a ten minute drive from the vet school, but so good! The banana pudding is the bomb! It’s also by good ice cream/custard places-like Rita’s and Graeters!

Im on the waitlist for my IS. So I’m waiting it out to see how everything plays out before I decline my seat at tOSU

Im on the waitlist for my IS. So I’m waiting it out to see how everything plays out before I decline my seat at tOSU
A side note, I’ve been told that I should pay my deposit now just to secure my seat but this doesn’t make much sense to me since I still have time before the April 15th deadline

Does anyone know who we can ask to verify the model of iPad required for fall?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm still deciding between ohio and tufts so for what it's worth i can tell you there's a 50% chance on my end. it's a beautiful school, but waiting for my financial aid info from tufts and my midterm biochem & orgo 2 grades. if funds are about equal and i survive my nightmare semester, i may run off to new england after all.
what will the grades change about the financial aid?

what will the grades change about the financial aid?
oh! nothing. two separate things. i need orgo 2 as a pre-req for tufts and not for ohio, so i need to pass that to know tufts is actually a possibility. and i'm taking biochem at the same time, which i need for both schools on top of my normal LVT curriculum. hence the nightmare semester. but if i survive my remaining midterms for orgo 2 and biochem, i'd be in that mathematical range where you know you're going to pass even if you fail everything else. i think it's an anxiety thing. 😅

financially speaking, i did not get a scholarship from ohio. i might still get one from tufts. though tOSU is an amazing school, i'd rather live in massachusetts than ohio -- closer to family, closer to hobbies. at this point if the cost falls within a similar range, i think i might go to tufts.

oh! nothing. two separate things. i need orgo 2 as a pre-req for tufts and not for ohio, so i need to pass that to know tufts is actually a possibility. and i'm taking biochem at the same time, which i need for both schools on top of my normal LVT curriculum. hence the nightmare semester. but if i survive my remaining midterms for orgo 2 and biochem, i'd be in that mathematical range where you know you're going to pass even if you fail everything else. i think it's an anxiety thing. 😅

financially speaking, i did not get a scholarship from ohio. i might still get one from tufts. though tOSU is an amazing school, i'd rather live in massachusetts than ohio -- closer to family, closer to hobbies. at this point if the cost falls within a similar range, i think i might go to tufts.
Gotcha! Good luck the rest of the semester and with the decision making

A side note, I’ve been told that I should pay my deposit now just to secure my seat but this doesn’t make much sense to me since I still have time before the April 15th deadline
Who told you this? If you're 100% sure you're going, then yeah you should just get it over with, but they can't give up your spot or anything if you don't get it in early. Your spot is guaranteed so long as you accept & pay your deposit by April 15th, there are literal laws governing this. So don't let anyone pressure you if you aren't ready yet!

Really?? How are we supposed to decide whether or not to accept the offer without the full financial package...
According to the website for incoming students (Incoming Class | College of Veterinary Medicine), you are able to get the full cost of attendance as determined by the school in federal loans, assuming you fill out the FAFSA by the deadline & meet federal guidelines to receive federal loans (I think the main reason to get denied would be current default on a federal loan). This isn't like undergrad, where you have to apply for a specific amount and get approved, the school determines the cost of attendance & offers you that amount. You can take out less if you choose, not totally sure about taking out more though...

Who told you this? If you're 100% sure you're going, then yeah you should just get it over with, but they can't give up your spot or anything if you don't get it in early. Your spot is guaranteed so long as you accept & pay your deposit by April 15th, there are literal laws governing this. So don't let anyone pressure you if you aren't ready yet!
Thank you for this! I was talking to the vets at work and they suggested maybe I pay it now just in case. I will accept my seat closer to the deadline if I have not yet heard from my IS

Thank you for this! I was talking to the vets at work and they suggested maybe I pay it now just in case. I will accept my seat closer to the deadline if I have not yet heard from my IS
Ok cool, just wanted to make sure no one at any school was pressuring - there’s been a weird thing with Western the last few years where they’re denying students seats who pay closer to the April 15 deadline, and its really horrible. I certainly don’t think tOSU is doing this, but wanted to make sure no other schools are doing it!

• Wow
Hey how do we feel about living at The Quarry in a 1 bedroom with two dogs? Their dog park looks nice, any feedback about the place from current students would be great!

I looked at the academic calendar for OSU in general and it listed final exams both in October and December. Will we have two final exam weeks every semester?

I looked at the academic calendar for OSU in general and it listed final exams both in October and December. Will we have two final exam weeks every semester?
The October dates are for half semester (7 week) classes and December dates are for full semester classes.

I'm deciding among Purdue, tOSU, and Davis. Fair to say I'll most likely decline my OOS seat unless surprisingly good financial package.
do You have to fill out FAFSA before getting information on your financial package? I’m wondering how exactly They determine the amount you get?

do You have to fill out FAFSA before getting information on your financial package? I’m wondering how exactly They determine the amount you get?
I think so - I did back in Feb for all the schools. I already received financial package from Purdue and Davis is sending out theirs early Apr. not sure about tOSU.

As far as financial aid goes, you'll be able to request up to X amount of money as long as you've filled out the FAFSA. The "X" is the cost of attendance that is determined each year based on tuition changes and cost of living. Usually, it's a lot higher than you need to take money out for, considering your housing may be cheaper or you may not need to budget some of the items on there. I recommend checking out the financial aid sections at all of your schools and sitting down and thinking about your own finances (how much you spend each month on food, fun, bills etc.) and then going from there.

are there any classes we take that are 7 week classes?
Not until second semester! I think it’s mostly electives, we did have one core class that was only 7 weeks (Pharmacology 😬) but for second years it was a full semester so I’m not sure what the plans are for that class.

Applied to a bunch of vet schools last cycle and will be attending OSU this fall. Actually moving to Columbus in 3 weeks. If you guys have any questions at all lmk!
Hello Asch97:
I hope that all is well.

Congratulations 🍾! I’ll be attending OSU Optometry c/o 2025. How did you chose living arrangements?

Thank you in advance.
Congrats again.

I’ve seen some incoming students with osu cvm hoodies and such. Where can we get these? So excited to meet everyone

Reactions: 9 users
I’ve seen some incoming students with osu cvm hoodies and such. Where can we get these? So excited to meet everyone
Clubs usually sell merch at orientation in the fall! With everything online last fall they sent out emails with order forms/pictures and then you just picked up what you ordered sometime later on campus.

So I know Ohio State has a tuition option payment plan, are we able to do that for vet school too or do we have to pay tuition in one lump sum each semester? Does anyone know?

Has anyone heard if classes/labs are gonna be in person starting this fall semester ?

Has anyone heard if classes/labs are gonna be in person starting this fall semester ?
I’m not 100% sure on first years, but as far as we’ve been told it’ll still be hybrid. For my class (2024) this year, that meant everything online except for clinical skills lab (once a week) and exams.

Any students currently live at/near Wheaton Village in Reynoldsburg/know if it’s a good area? Looking at housing in the event I get called off the waitlist and it’s hard not knowing the area well.

This is maybe a silly question with an obvious answer somewhere, but when do our loans get dispensed for the fall semester? I'm planning to (hopefully) have enough money saved up for moving costs, but not completely sure I'll be able to amass enough to buy the new iPad & laptop I'll most likely need going in to the fall semester. I'm wondering if loan funds will be available early enough to make that happen...

This is maybe a silly question with an obvious answer somewhere, but when do our loans get dispensed for the fall semester? I'm planning to (hopefully) have enough money saved up for moving costs, but not completely sure I'll be able to amass enough to buy the new iPad & laptop I'll most likely need going in to the fall semester. I'm wondering if loan funds will be available early enough to make that happen...

Usually the week before classes start.

I’m not 100% sure on first years, but as far as we’ve been told it’ll still be hybrid. For my class (2024) this year, that meant everything online except for clinical skills lab (once a week) and exams.
There's been some discussion about also doing some anatomy & histology labs in person (student feedback was apparently pretty strong on this), but yeah, lectures are likely to still be online. They've gotten a lot of positive feedback about asynchronous lecture format, so they're looking at making that an option for students who want it in the future, but I believe the plan is still to slowly reintegrate back into synchronous in-person lectures throughout this upcoming year.

As an aside, paid my deposit over the weekend, assuming I manage a C in my A&P class I am OFFICIALLY a c/o 2025 Buckeye!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Who is the best person to contact with questions about the program?

Who is the best person to contact with questions about the program?
I've had a lot of luck just emailing admissions and if there is a specific question they can't answer they've forwarded me to the right person when necessary

• Haha
I've had a lot of luck just emailing demons and if there is a specific question they can't answer they've forwarded me to the right person when necessary
** a d m i s s i o n s
lol there's a prank on here

I just declined my OOS offer to attend my IS school. Good luck to everyone on the alternate list! :happy:

Declined my OOS seat today. Good luck everyone!

Declined my IS seat today. Good luck everyone waitlisted!

If you don’t mind me asking which oos school did you prefer and why did you decide against your oos?
I decided to go to Cornell. In my opinion they had a more welcoming and helpful environment, they also did a lot more zoom/ online opportunities to learn more about the school. I am also a fan of doing problem/ case based learning to connect material we learn from lectures.
Another big factor was that Cornell seems more dedicated to in person learning opportunities with clinical skills, anatomy, and histology labs in comparison to OSU.
My significant other will also be attending Cornell for graduate school so that was another deciding factor as well. I personally had a better feeling from Cornell on top of loving the Ithaca area.
Just my personal decision, wishing the best to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users