Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just submitted my OOS deposit for class of 2025 !
Did anyone get any status updates on there portal ?

Members don't see this ad.

Surprised myself and declined my OOS seat today. Hope it helps somebody on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
#79 on the OOS list. I wonder if they started contacting people. Do you think it’s over the phone or email?

#79 on the OOS list. I wonder if they started contacting people. Do you think it’s over the phone or email?
I know some people have been called off of the OOS waitlist from the APVMA Facebook page and they have gotten emails. No word on the instate alternate list moving though.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I’m #2 on instate and no word yet but I will let you know if I hear!

Reactions: 1 users
From this year? How do you know?
people who have been contacted will sometimes post in the APVMA Facebook page saying they have been contacted and whether they have accepted or rejected their seat.

I know some people have been called off of the OOS waitlist from the APVMA Facebook page and they have gotten emails. No word on the instate alternate list moving though.
i have been following apvma and constantly checking but havent seen anyone gotten off waitlist from osu oos, do you mind providing the date of the post or some more specifics?

Hey guys! Last year they didn’t start calling off the waitlist until April 17th (two days after the deadline) - I’m guessing if they don’t make calls today it’ll be Monday!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i have been following apvma and constantly checking but havent seen anyone gotten off waitlist from osu oos, do you mind providing the date of the post or some more specifics?
this is the post I’m referring to. Maybe the people who were called off on APVMA were different OSU’s (Oregon, Oklahoma) but I’m not sure tbh.

Attachments

• 965EC247-F2DC-4EBD-B1BF-6D85C9393C44.png
    965EC247-F2DC-4EBD-B1BF-6D85C9393C44.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
So I got accepted to my in state yesterday. Does anyone know what steps I have to take to decline my seat at tOSU?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
So I got accepted to my in state yesterday. Does anyone know what steps I have to take to decline my seat at tOSU?
I believe you should be capable of emailing or calling Sandra and letting her know you got in somewhere else and would like to decline

Congrats Alissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!!!!

• Love
just got pulled off the in state waitlist!! they also said classes will be hybrid with most labs in person

Reactions: 10 users
Yay! Did they call or email you? I'm just happy to hear it is moving!
I got a call from Sandra Dawkins and they said they will be emailing the offer letter and I have to give a decision within 10 days.

Reactions: 2 users
Any word on whether or not labs will be in person this year?
Seems like definitely the clinical skills lab will be in-person as it was this year, and it seems likely that anatomy & histology will be in person. But I think lectures are still expected to be online for at least the fall. I think the clinical skills lab must be related to our Professional Development course?

So I did not receive any phone calls or emails but I checked my application center and everything changed to admitted student lists! It said congratulations for admission and also said I have till 4/29 to accept my offer!!

Reactions: 4 users
Are they bringing cadavers back this year? I’d like to know more info before making my final decision.

So I did not receive any phone calls or emails but I checked my application center and everything changed to admitted student lists! It said congratulations for admission and also said I have till 4/29 to accept my offer!!
Hi! Did you receive a phone call today or email?

Are we assuming the waitlists are done moving? I thought we were going to get an email with our updated #?

I emailed Sandra. Was moved from 79 to 65 as of today. Probably people dropped their waitlist position before April 15.

I got a call from Sandra Dawkins and they said they will be emailing the offer letter and I have to give a decision within 10 days.
I got a call today! Do you remember how long it took for you to get the email?

Congratulations!! I got it about 12 hours after the phone call at like 11:30 pm. I recently accepted my seat, so looks like we’ll be classmates!

Just got pulled off today!! I was #11 OOS, then #4 (updated on 4/22). Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, it's movin!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I'm curious to know how many people were put on the OOS waitlist this year

Feeling sorta sentimental the last few days about vet school officially being over and just have to say...you will soon find that the CVM is filled with some of the most incredible people I’ve ever had the privilege to meet. They are compassionate and work incredibly hard to make sure their patients get incredible care and that you get a top-notch education. They all have way more to their job description than is immediately apparent, but usually make it look easy. They work miracles on the daily and still will answer your 2pm panicked email about some obscure question on an exam that you think you deserve points back for with grace. They care immensely and will go out of their way to help you and mentor you and inspire you. And at the end of the quickest four years of your life, I hope you feel just as thankful and determined having been educated by the best of the best.

Vet school is hard and frustrating at times. There are days when you feel like vet school is your whole life and your living in a bubble while the rest of the world goes on without you. Sometimes the nature of administration and academia gets in the way of the goals and and the purpose.

But don’t forget why your doing this...why you wanted to do this. Remember your why and hold on to it with every once of your being. It’s not perfect, but it’s amazing. And be kind to your faculty/residents/interns/technicians and your classmates. We’re all humans learning and doing our best and academia is often not forgiving of the challenges of life we ALL deal with.

Be kind. Stay humble. Make friends. Enjoy the ride.

Okay I’m done.

Good luck 2025-ers.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Did anyone get an email with a scholarship offer only to get a second email of them lowering the original offer due to “less funds than originally calculated”?

• Wow
Did anyone get an email with a scholarship offer only to get a second email of them lowering the original offer due to “less funds than originally calculated”?
Yeah I got that email too

Does anyone know if student health services offers the rabies vaccine series on campus? Apparently my GP’s office isn’t able to order it, my local CVSs & Walgreens don’t offer it, and none of the travel clinics around me are taking appointments right now, so my options for getting it before school are looking pretty slim.

Has there been an email yet on how to pay for tuition?
Looks like you can do it all through the Buckeye Portal website - but I don't think tuition charges have been processed yet, just summer classes. It looks like we have until mid-June to go through the loan offers & accept/decline the amounts, plus the student loan counseling.

Does anyone know if student health services offers the rabies vaccine series on campus? Apparently my GP’s office isn’t able to order it, my local CVSs & Walgreens don’t offer it, and none of the travel clinics around me are taking appointments right now, so my options for getting it before school are looking pretty slim.
Has there been an email about the rabies series yet?

Has there been an email about the rabies series yet?
No I don't believe so, it's not anywhere on any vaccine requirement page, so it seems like we don't need it until 2nd semester. Just trying to plan a bit in advance since it takes a month to go through the series!

Student health does and it’s discounted if you have student insurance. I also just got it done at the Walgreens close to the vet school (like $349/shot in 2017). If you PM me I can give you the address of the Walgreens that a lot of my friends and I went to first year.

Don’t stress too much about it, you just have to have it done by the end of first semester.

Student health does and it’s discounted if you have student insurance. I also just got it done at the Walgreens close to the vet school (like $349/shot in 2017). If you PM me I can give you the address of the Walgreens that a lot of my friends and I went to first year.

Don’t stress too much about it, you just have to have it done by the end of first semester.
Awesome, I very well may do that, thank you so much! I was hoping I might be able to get it at better pricing through my doctor (since I currently have awesome insurance), but the one doctor that had credentials to order it within the practice retired. Good to know to knock it off my stress list lol

Just FYI guys, it does look like things have been updated so that we need our full rabies series by Sep 30th - likely still enough time to get it done when you get to campus, but if anyone wanted to try to get it done this summer that probably wouldn't be unreasonable.