Kansas State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those who have interviews coming up today or over the next few days, the interviewers are extremely kind and understanding! i had my interview today and they made me feel so comfortable and at ease during such a stressful time! good luck to everyone elsešŸ«¶šŸ¼
I second this! I interviewed last year too and they were amazing then, too.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Now that I've finished my interview, I agree with everyone!
Super chill and the ambassadors were a lot of fun to talk to! very informational but also a lot of fun.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I interview next week & have been super nervous about it, so itā€™s nice to hear that people have had a good experience with it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview today and I felt as though I was asked so many more questions than I was expecting. I interviewed last year with them over zoom and had 3 interviewers ask 2 questions each. This year, I was in-person and again, I had 3 interviewers, but I was asked at least 10 questions and went over-time. Was everyone's interview like this? Is this a good or bad sign???

Just had my interview today and I felt as though I was asked so many more questions than I was expecting. I interviewed last year with them over zoom and had 3 interviewers ask 2 questions each. This year, I was in-person and again, I had 3 interviewers, but I was asked at least 10 questions and went over-time. Was everyone's interview like this? Is this a good or bad sign???
i donā€™t think this is a bad sign at all! i was also asked probably 8-10 questions on zoom and it seemed that the conversation was flowing well, i didnā€™t have the opportunity to go over though because the interview cuts off right at 30 mins! however, iā€™m sure since yours was in person then thatā€™s why it felt longer and iā€™m sure you did great!!šŸ˜

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone please give me tips/advice on how best to prepare for this interview? I feel so lost and hopeless right now šŸ˜­šŸ˜…

Can someone please give me tips/advice on how best to prepare for this interview? I feel so lost and hopeless right now šŸ˜­šŸ˜…
i used the SDN interview tab to practice questions, thought about how i would answer them and made sure i felt confident with my answers! i also watched some basic interview youtube videos to help me appear more confident even when nervous! however, once i got in there and got past the initial nerves, i think they did a really great job of making it seem like a normal low stress environment and did a good job explaining how things would go from the start! iā€™m sure youā€™ll do great, i know itā€™s very nerve wracking but the ambassadors will also make you feel less nervous and let you know that they only want to know about you as a person! sorry this is a lot, but youā€™ll be great!šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 3 users
i used the SDN interview tab to practice questions, thought about how i would answer them and made sure i felt confident with my answers! i also watched some basic interview youtube videos to help me appear more confident even when nervous! however, once i got in there and got past the initial nerves, i think they did a really great job of making it seem like a normal low stress environment and did a good job explaining how things would go from the start! iā€™m sure youā€™ll do great, i know itā€™s very nerve wracking but the ambassadors will also make you feel less nervous and let you know that they only want to know about you as a person! sorry this is a lot, but youā€™ll be great!šŸ˜Š
Thank you šŸ˜©

For those of us who interviewed, will interview- what timeframe do we think weā€™ll get an answer by? One of the current students told me she got it mid February last year.

For those of us who interviewed, will interview- what timeframe do we think weā€™ll get an answer by? One of the current students told me she got it mid February last year.
It looks like in the last two cycles, people started posting in the SDN thread about acceptances/denials on Feb. 3.

Does anyone here live in Kansas? I am driving up for the interview this Friday but I am worried about weather conditions. If anyone is there that can let me know how it is I would appreciate it so much!

Does anyone here live in Kansas? I am driving up for the interview this Friday but I am worried about weather conditions. If anyone is there that can let me know how it is I would appreciate it so much!
I'm in Arkansas but I have some friends who live up there and said it's not bad! Might get a little worse over the week but hopefully not bad!

• Care

We got a bit of snow but for the most part all the roads are clear. Itā€™s supposed to be single digits into the negatives this weekend though so bring plenty of layers because the wind makes it feel 10x colder.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in Arkansas but I have some friends who live up there and said it's not bad! Might get a little worse over the week but hopefully not bad!
We got a bit of snow but for the most part all the roads are clear. Itā€™s supposed to be single digits into the negatives this weekend though so bring plenty of layers because the wind makes it feel 10x colder.
Thank yā€™all!! That makes me feel better about traveling this week!

Just interviewed today, what everyone said is accurate, everyone was sooooo nice! :) Really made me fall in love with KSU!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone got an interview off the waitlist?
I havenā€™t seen a single post anywhere of someone saying they were called off the waitlistā€¦so Iā€™ve been wondering the same thing.

I also have not heard of anyone being pulled from the waitlist. However, they may be waiting until the first round of interviews is completed prior to calling up more applicants. Fingers crossed for everyone! Hopefully we hear some good news soon!

I also have not heard of anyone being pulled from the waitlist. However, they may be waiting until the first round of interviews is completed prior to calling up more applicants. Fingers crossed for everyone! Hopefully we hear some good news soon!
Not sure if this helps but I interviewed today and was originally an alternate.

I hope everyone enjoyed visiting K-State and interviewing in-person or via zoom!

I got to talk to a lot of applicants and I hope to see y'all in the fall! If anyone has questions please let me know.

Typically applicants hear back by Valentine's Day. In 2021 we got our emails on February 8th!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I was happy to receive an interview from K-state but it wasnā€™t a school that was initially a top choice for meā€¦now that Iā€™ve done my interview that sure changed!!! Really great interview experience despite it being virtual.

• Love
Just got the official rejection letter from the interview waitlist. Good luck to everyone that interviewed!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone get that email thinking it was a decision šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Wow
Anyone else hoping to hear back today?? Last year decisions came the first Friday of the month (on the 3rd)

In my mind, I wasnā€™t hearing back until like the 29th
Maybe we wonā€™t because last year they didnā€™t send an email saying we would hear by the end of February. Maybe they are running behind this year šŸ˜­ honestly I want to hear but at the same time I donā€™t

Maybe we wonā€™t because last year they didnā€™t send an email saying we would hear by the end of February. Maybe they are running behind this year šŸ˜­ honestly I want to hear but at the same time I donā€™t
For both last year and the year before, decisions came out on February 3rd so Iā€™m hopeful that itā€™ll be soon! I know they had more applicants this year so that could be a contributing factor. I also wonder if they just say end of February to decrease the number of emails wondering when a decision will be out šŸ˜­

For both last year and the year before, decisions came out on February 3rd so Iā€™m hopeful that itā€™ll be soon! I know they had more applicants this year so that could be a contributing factor. I also wonder if they just say end of February to decrease the number of emails wondering when a decision will be out šŸ˜­
Yeah thatā€™s probably why they sent itšŸ˜­ Iā€™m expecting something by the end of next week or maybe even today! I canā€™t focus on anything else right now šŸ˜…

Just got an email! Iā€™m on the waitlist. They donā€™t reveal where students are on the waitlist.

• Care
Waitlisted OOS!! Congrats to those accepted!

• Love
in-state accepted!!! super excited to meet everyone in august!!!

• Love
OOS accepted!!!! So thrilled!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS accepted! Congratulations to all accepted and best wishes to all.

• Love
OOS Acceptance!!!! I'm so excited! Congrats to everyone!

• Love
OOS alternate! Hoping to get called off šŸ¤žšŸ¼

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any idea how many people they usually waitlist? Or info on how much the list has moved in previous years?

SCREAMING CRYING - OOS ACCEPTED šŸ˜­šŸ’•šŸ˜

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
SCREAMING CRYING - OOS ACCEPTED šŸ˜­šŸ’•šŸ˜
CONGRATS!! Youā€™ve done it!! Iā€™m literally so happy for you. Iā€™ve seen you on so many different threads and I know how hard youā€™ve worked for this šŸ˜

• Care
CONGRATS!! Youā€™ve done it!! Iā€™m literally so happy for you. Iā€™ve seen you on so many forums and I know how hard youā€™ve worked for this šŸ˜
Thank you Iā€™m legit in shock šŸ˜­šŸ’• I was driving home from the Mississippi state interview and got the news and literally cried the whole way home.

• Care
OOS ACCEPTED!!! Iā€™m so excited!!šŸ’œ Congrats to everyone!

• Love
OOS acceptance! I got into my in state but I freaking love KSU....big decisions

• Love
Congratulations everyone!! I'm a current 3rd year ambassador so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

As far as the waitlist, I know people each year get called off the waitlist but no idea exactly how many people as they don't tell you your position on the list.

Current 4th year congrats to all accepted and good luck to all waitlisted!

Thank you Iā€™m legit in shock šŸ˜­šŸ’• I was driving home from the Mississippi state interview and got the news and literally cried the whole way home.
I second this, we applied to a lot of the same schools and Iā€™ve been rooting for you!!

• Care