Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else not heard anything yet? OOS student here...
Make sure you check your ohio state email- your emailed decision is likely there according to Sandra. I had nothing on Friday so I called her and she gave me my acceptance on the phone.

Members don't see this ad.

I just put down my deposit and I could not be more excited to attend! Does anyone know when final transcripts are due? I am going to be graduating college this may.

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure you check your ohio state email- your emailed decision is likely there according to Sandra. I had nothing on Friday so I called her and she gave me my acceptance on the phone.
I don't think I have an Ohio State email. I logged into the buckeyelink portal, and my application status still says pending. I just emailed the admissions office to ask them what is going on...

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I have an Ohio State email. I logged into the buckeyelink portal, and my application status still says pending. I just emailed the admissions office to ask them what is going on...
They responded. Not accepted. No big deal, have been accepted to 2 other schools OOS and still waiting to hear back from my IS school (fingers crossed...)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did the university or any type of insurance covered it? If no, how much is it?
There’s student health insurance, but I’m not sure how much of the rabies vaccines it covers. I highly recommend calling some local places and getting prices (local health department, CVS, Walgreens, etc) because the shots through the OSU student health center cost about $520 each.

Did your status in the portal ever changed? same thing happened to me but still haven’t gotten the link to rsvp my spot

No models, cadaver dissections. The lack of actual dissection was due to covid so it’s been really surprising to me that they’re considering not adding back in dissection and staying online only.

No models, cadaver dissections. The lack of actual dissection was due to covid so it’s been really surprising to me that they’re considering not adding back in dissection and staying online only.
just during covid not forever

There’s student health insurance, but I’m not sure how much of the rabies vaccines it covers. I highly recommend calling some local places and getting prices (local health department, CVS, Walgreens, etc) because the shots through the OSU student health center cost about $520 each.
At my local health department it is $355 each dose instead of the $472 at tOSU! I second this!

At my local health department it is $355 each dose instead of the $472 at tOSU! I second this!

When I had to get rabies shots for RAVS trip, my insurance (BCBS) didn't cover pre-exposure rabies shots, and Walgreens price was $800 per shot times 3 shots.

The acceptance email says there is a tuition deposit as well as the acceptance fee. The website says out of state has a tuition deposit but nothing specific about instate. Any other instate students know if have a tuition deposit and where we pay that at? I didn’t see anything in the portal

Is there a Facebook group made for people who have made the decision to go to OSU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook group made for people who have made the decision to go to OSU?
Someone asked this on the Facebook group and it looks like they usually wait a little longer before creating one

Yeah I'm really leaning towards Purdue or maybe even Cornell because they seem more dedicated to in person labs an instructions, even though I'll be further in debt...
I also wouldn't base your decision solely off of anatomy. As somebody who tutored the course for 2 years at OSU, I can honestly say that there is a lot of information you will not retain (nor need to) after your exams anyway. You'll need to know the big picture things in anatomy to be a good clinician and they do a good job in the class of addressing what parts of the material are good clinical correlates, but do I remember the origin and insertion of this random muscle in the arm? Absolutely not, and I spent hundreds of hours in the anatomy lab over the last few years. What I can tell you though is that you will still get a top-notch education here, regardless if your anatomy course is online. I'm in the 4th year class, and we were the last class to not get the clinical skills courses, so we were basically all didactic learning years 1-3 with occasional labs sprinkled in throughout the semester. We're all still fine! Don't forget to look at your program holistically and not let one factor change everything for you.

What types of things are people doing to be ready for school after submitting the acceptance fees? Do we need to start creating an OSU email or will they email us when to set that up? I saw in the video that was sent a few weeks ago in the letter packet that Emma Read talked about filling out some other information? Anyone have any insight on this stuff? I’m trying to make sure I stay ahead on everything that needs to be done!

Reactions: 1 users
What types of things are people doing to be ready for school after submitting the acceptance fees? Do we need to start creating an OSU email or will they email us when to set that up? I saw in the video that was sent a few weeks ago in the letter packet that Emma Read talked about filling out some other information? Anyone have any insight on this stuff? I’m trying to make sure I stay ahead on everything that needs to be done!
I did get a notification that I had an OSU email created for me a day or two, I believe, after submitting my acceptance fee. Beyond that though I'm not certain.

Does anyone know if most of the apartments for rent in Columbus include utilities and if the apartments come furnished? Currently searching and comparing places so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know :)

I think my next plan of action is making a doctors app to schedule the vaccines/ titer tests! I know that some GP are booking out until June already

Does anyone know if most of the apartments for rent in Columbus include utilities and if the apartments come furnished? Currently searching and comparing places so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know :)
most of them do not include utilities or come furnished. Unless you are renting a house (that can vary), apartments usually come empty and you have to pay electricity, water and trash separately

So I paid the $25 acceptance fee, where do we pay the tuition deposit? Will that come later? I saw on the OSU CVM general website the deposit is $300 but I haven’t seen that anywhere for me to pay yet.

So I paid the $25 acceptance fee, where do we pay the tuition deposit? Will that come later? I saw on the OSU CVM general website the deposit is $300 but I haven’t seen that anywhere for me to pay yet.
I'm asking myself the same thing, I paid the $25 and only got a receipt for the payment, nothing else after. Did you get anything else?

Has anyone been able to access their buckeye mail or are they not active yet?

Where does it mention we need the rabies vaccine? It wasn’t on the list I saw

Where does it mention we need the rabies vaccine? It wasn’t on the list I saw
The college will send you a list of vaccines you need. OSU as a university has a general requirement, then the vet college has specific ones as well. For the vet college I know you have to have the series of 3 rabies, a Tdap within the past 10 years (booster required if it’s older than that), and a TB skin test.

Received recruitment scholarship email just now. It was lower than last year :( (or maybe it's just me). It does bring down OOS tuition to almost Ohio IS level, but still about $40,000 more than my IS. I guess I'll have to turn down my seat, which is a big bummer, because I really really liked OSU since my interview.

• Sad
Received recruitment scholarship email just now. It was lower than last year :( (or maybe it's just me). It does bring down OOS tuition to almost Ohio IS level, but still about $40,000 more than my IS. I guess I'll have to turn down my seat, which is a big bummer, because I really really liked OSU since my interview.
Does this email come from Sandra Dawkins?

Do you only get buckeye email after accepting (this would make sense but the email she sent about acceptance didn’t make it seem like you had to have accepted)

Also received the recruitment scholarship e-mail yesterday! Man, tOSU keeps making themselves more and more appealing...and my mom is ridiculously excited for me to be w/in 2 hours of Cincinnati, she's obsessed with Fiona the Hippo at the zoo lol

Reactions: 2 users
oh wow. does anyone know if recruitment scholarships will be going out on a rolling basis or are they pretty much done? ohio is still my most affordable option for me and I love the feel and culture of the school, but the recruitment scholarship would pretty much seal the deal for me.

Also received the recruitment scholarship e-mail yesterday! Man, tOSU keeps making themselves more and more appealing...and my mom is ridiculously excited for me to be w/in 2 hours of Cincinnati, she's obsessed with Fiona the Hippo at the zoo lol
As a cincy native, I can tell you Fiona is definitely worth it lol

Anyone know anything about The Quarry apartments near OSU?

Applied and got accepted, but just wanted more info to see what is like to live there.

oh wow. does anyone know if recruitment scholarships will be going out on a rolling basis or are they pretty much done? ohio is still my most affordable option for me and I love the feel and culture of the school, but the recruitment scholarship would pretty much seal the deal for me.
I asked and they already sent them all out

Is anybody else nervous about finding a roommate? 😅 like I know I want one but I have no idea how I’m going to find someone who will mesh well with me, you know what I mean? Like I’m a morning person and I tend to keep things on the cleaner side, but I feel like if I make a post when people are looking for roommates asking for people with similar qualities I’m going to look stuck up or crazy 😬 does anyone have any advice with this?

Is anybody else nervous about finding a roommate? 😅 like I know I want one but I have no idea how I’m going to find someone who will mesh well with me, you know what I mean? Like I’m a morning person and I tend to keep things on the cleaner side, but I feel like if I make a post when people are looking for roommates asking for people with similar qualities I’m going to look stuck up or crazy 😬 does anyone have any advice with this?
Once the Facebook group is made, there’s a roommate finding document that is made in the group. You fill out what you’re looking for, cleanliness level, likes/dislikes, personality type things, etc, and then you can sort of match up from what other people have said too. Like a dating profile but for roommates haha! I used it a couple times while in school and I was 50/50 on good vs horrible roommate though

Dude, I put out a Facebook post before going to my undergrad that essentially said "must not care about my messy, night owl, trash-girl tendencies and let me rant about sci-fi television for hours without complaint", and I still found a fab roommate. Do NOT be shy about things that are non-negotiables - chances are you will find a kindred spirit, and everything else can be worked out! This is someone you'll be stuck with for a year, and as someone who's had some truly awful adult roommates, DO NOT discount how much someone not doing their dishes promptly will drive you insane past the point of function.

Does anyone know what classes are going to look like this fall due to covid?
Did you get an email from tOSU saying they’re working on a hybrid model for fall? It doesn’t go into specifics though...

Did you get an email from tOSU saying they’re working on a hybrid model for fall? It doesn’t go into specifics though...
No I didn’t. The only email I got recently from them was scholarship. I haven’t accepted yet so maybe that’s why?

No I didn’t. The only email I got recently from them was scholarship. I haven’t accepted yet so maybe that’s why?
65A79494-FBE4-4D6C-9170-33FFA438B52F.png

5C235226-3889-4BFA-AAC3-8712D0A241DE.png

B9D16520-1D8E-4B9B-B2BF-9EFF6387EA95.png

Last edited:
i got that email in my buckeye email as well! Ohio is opening back up for weddings/ fairs/ gatherings etc. (this week?), so I am hesitant about anything being really open/ hybrid in the fall if we get another huge summer surge because of this tbh.
So recent comments from a town hall suggest likely hybrid again this fall. If OSU reopens campus with any sort of social distancing requirement, there’s no way to fit their entire class in an auditorium. So they’re currently working on a hybrid plan right now to be safe.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So this is more a question for current tOSU first years & beyond, but I know a few are lurking - how does the iPad thing work? I watched the virtual tour on the website, so if I'm understanding correctly, virtually everything in class & for exams is done on our personal iPads, right? Do folks generally take notes on laptops or handwritten or on their iPads? Can we use laptops of some kind if we prefer, and do we need specific laptop types for anything on campus? My Macbook Air is doing okay, but it's low on hard drive space, and I'm debating about how soon to replace it. It seems like we definitely need iPads, so I'll be replacing my utterly ancient one as well (I honestly think its 10+ years old).

So this is more a question for current tOSU first years & beyond, but I know a few are lurking - how does the iPad thing work? I watched the virtual tour on the website, so if I'm understanding correctly, virtually everything in class & for exams is done on our personal iPads, right? Do folks generally take notes on laptops or handwritten or on their iPads? Can we use laptops of some kind if we prefer, and do we need specific laptop types for anything on campus? My Macbook Air is doing okay, but it's low on hard drive space, and I'm debating about how soon to replace it. It seems like we definitely need iPads, so I'll be replacing my utterly ancient one as well (I honestly think its 10+ years old).
I'm so very impressed with the longevity of your mac air...mine always suffer a premature drowning, ALWAYS. One of them was drowned before I pay off the 12-months payment plan:sick: