OFFICIAL STEP I Results thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured in honor of those who have gotten their scores back it would be interesting to create a single thread which could be used in the future.

Please post how you did on Q-bank (please differentiate between how your last 8-10 blocks went) and/or your final average.

How you did on NBME

Finally, your board score

Also if you want to add your study hints do that too.

Members don't see this ad.

DOCTORSAIB said:
Wow!, that is truely amazing for putting in 2 weeks worth of studying. Congrats to both of you for your efforts.

2 weeks worth of totally concentrated study. Like I said he tried to study all along but life (me, kids) interrupted him constantly. We left him alone for those 2 weeks (3 weekends and 2 full work weeks). He likes to study at home and says he doesn't mind the interruptions...says at studying at school you take breaks, chat with people, etc. and he'd rather take breaks with the people he loves most. Sometimes I wish he'd go study at school because I can't keep my hands off him! :love:

Pox in a box said:
I think that's cool but why is a wife posting a husband's experience?

Because I'm trying to figure all this out since my life is affected with where he matches etc...and ran across this thread and can't help but be proud since U.S. school rejected him...he went to Ross. Also, it is a valid point that I think you can study too much and that everyone's study experience is sooo different and there is no good way to insure you score high. Some people are great at standardized tests and some are not. There will be people that struggle thru every test but make excellent doctors. Some of his fellow classmates have struggled to even pass and I don't feel comfortable sharing his high score with them and thought this would be a safe place for me to be proud. I don't think the test determines whether you will be a good doctor but for us, his high score will help us overcome some of the hurdles that FMGs encounter. Mostly though I'm just proud because I knew he could do it all along. (Oh, and he is handsome...but I'm not biased...for those with the funny ugly theories ;) )

Well, I guess I'll go back to the dirty diapers since only firsthand experiences were wanted... :)

Mom2five said:
Because I'm trying to figure all this out since my life is affected with where he matches etc...and ran across this thread and can't help but be proud since U.S. school rejected him...he went to Ross. Also, it is a valid point that I think you can study too much and that everyone's study experience is sooo different and there is no good way to insure you score high. Some people are great at standardized tests and some are not. There will be people that struggle thru every test but make excellent doctors. Some of his fellow classmates have struggled to even pass and I don't feel comfortable sharing his high score with them and thought this would be a safe place for me to be proud. I don't think the test determines whether you will be a good doctor but for us, his high score will help us overcome some of the hurdles that FMGs encounter. Mostly though I'm just proud because I knew he could do it all along. (Oh, and he is handsome...but I'm not biased...for those with the funny ugly theories ;) )

Well, I guess I'll go back to the dirty diapers since only firsthand experiences were wanted... :)
Don't mind pox, s/he is somewhat Borderline in that some posts will be nice and others will be passive-aggressive. We welcome you on here and congratulate your husband on his accomplishments.

My wife takes great pride in my medical school accomplishments too and she should: As you know, a spouse goes through medical school WITH you. Again, congratulations.

Members don't see this ad :)
bigfrank said:
Don't mind pox, s/he is somewhat Borderline in that some posts will be nice and others will be passive-aggressive. We welcome you on here and congratulate your husband on his accomplishments.

My wife takes great pride in my medical school accomplishments too and she should: As you know, a spouse goes through medical school WITH you. Again, congratulations.

Whatever you say frank-o. Passive-aggressive? Have you had psych yet? No offense meant to mom2five. I just couldn't understand why a spouse would be cruising on a Step 1 board, let alone AFTER the exam.

Mom2five said:
My husband's experience...

Tried to study all along but with 4 and then 5 kids it rarely happened. MCAT 34, undergrad GPA 2.8 (couldn't quite envision me and the kids :) Had 2 weeks off before the exam and shut himself in a room for most of that time. I asked him what he used to study and he said mostly FA and supplemented when needed with his other texts. Also did Q bank questions. Never took any test that gave any "scores". He didn't want to freak himself out. Final outcome...260/99...wifey very pleased. I think the score is even more impressive due to the fact that his wife and children do NOT feel neglected!
this is a perfect example of when the wife needs a life

You are such an idiot.
Stop posting useless crap on this site.
You are a perfect example of needing a life.

bigfrank said:

second example of the old " wife... get a life" .

xaelia said:
Score reported June 22nd: 253/99

Incomprehensible. I could take Step 1 in fifty parallel universes and never match that score again. For a middle-of-the-class student at a middle-of-the-rankings medical school...you get the picture. I guess the only additional thing I can say on top of my post in Compiled Step one Experiences in terms of preparation, is that doing questions is great - not because you're trying to replicate every last detail that might be on the exam, but to expose areas requiring greater review to go back and read over.

WOW! Congrats, that's an awesome score. You've given me hope! :p

Ramoray said:
second example of the old " wife... get a life" .
Rammie, come on now...........we've talked about your blood pressure before.................

:laugh:

Mom2five said:
My husband's experience...

Tried to study all along but with 4 and then 5 kids it rarely happened. MCAT 34, undergrad GPA 2.8 (couldn't quite envision me and the kids :) Had 2 weeks off before the exam and shut himself in a room for most of that time. I asked him what he used to study and he said mostly FA and supplemented when needed with his other texts. Also did Q bank questions. Never took any test that gave any "scores". He didn't want to freak himself out. Final outcome...260/99...wifey very pleased. I think the score is even more impressive due to the fact that his wife and children do NOT feel neglected!

Mom2five- this is great that you are so into your husband's success. i wish that my husband was more supportive. Keep it up and don't let anyone shut you down. :thumbup:

sapience8x said:
Mom2five- this is great that you are so into your husband's success. i wish that my husband was more supportive. Keep it up and don't let anyone shut you down. :thumbup:

Thats a pile of crock. Be real and stop inflating your own egos mom with stupid crap stories like that. Amazing.

sapience8x said:

Thank you...I'm not crazy...it's just that of course all of the decisions he makes affect me and the kids too...plus the more info I learn the less time he has to spend (more time he can study and hang with us). Why should he waste his time researching all the residency programs in xyz if I'm willing to do it? This forum has given great opinions on the best books for specific rotations, LOR tips, etc etc and I pass them on to him. He never asked for my help but since I'm home and don't mind leaving the dishes for awhile then great for us! We made this decision as a family and I intend on helping him best I can.

Rambo...seriously, I wish you well on the test and your career...some guys get the hot wife when they are still poor...but better late than never right?

And I thought this thread was the "results" thread. Notice I didn't talk about his feelings about the test blah blah. I just reported his numbers and my happiness.

:)

uscman said:
Thats a pile of crock. Be real and stop inflating your own egos mom with stupid crap stories like that. Amazing.

Thanks for being nice...

Best wishes to you.

Mom2five said:
Thank you...I'm not crazy...:)

No YOU'RE definitely not the one who is crazy!!! ;) as i said before, keep up the greta work with the support.

If i saw you on the street big frank, i'd sit on you and pass gas up your nose.

bigfrank said:
Now that wasn't very nice, now was it? You need so save your emotional energy for medical school. I can tell you're gonna need it. ;)
Housed.