**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread 2.0**

I never received a waitlist invitation or acceptance, I called about my status today and was told my application is still under review. I know someone else experienced something similar? It would be easier for them to just send out rejections so I don't know why they haven't done that yet.

I don't have much hope left to be honest but, hoping it works out since I really want to attend this school but who knows at this point. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone still waiting (including myself)! Do we think we'll hear something today or more likely next week?

I never received a waitlist invitation or acceptance, I called about my status today and was told my application is still under review. I know someone else experienced something similar? It would be easier for them to just send out rejections so I don't know why they haven't done that yet.

I don't have much hope left to be honest but, hoping it works out since I really want to attend this school but who knows at this point. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I called last week, same situation, they said I should be waiting for a letter and that's all. Assuming it's a rejection, especially since they didn't even bother to ask my name at all... so that might be the answer to all of us whom didn't hear back at all since their interview...

Reactions: 1 user
When I called yesterday the receptionist told me "the waitlist has already begun to move" and that the "committee will review my file again when they meet again". So vague it hurts. So there have been waitlist acceptances already this past week but where these people are and to ask if they're in or out of state, who knows....Sounds from her tone that they really hate their job and don't even want to pick up the phone. Not sure why that type of person even accepts a receptionist job....

I called last week, same situation, they said I should be waiting for a letter and that's all. Assuming it's a rejection, especially since they didn't even bother to ask my name at all... so that might be the answer to all of us whom didn't hear back at all since their interview...

oh they didn't ask your name that's weird? How did they give you any info then? I got someone quite friendly and polite on the phone. And yeah I don't have much hope for an acceptance any more :( hopefully we all find out where we stand officially very soon.

When I called yesterday the receptionist told me "the waitlist has already begun to move" and that the "committee will review my file again when they meet again". So vague it hurts. So there have been waitlist acceptances already this past week but where these people are and to ask if they're in or out of state, who knows....Sounds from her tone that they really hate their job and don't even want to pick up the phone. Not sure why that type of person even accepts a receptionist job....
So they definitely said that people have already been accepted off of the waitlist? Seems weird that they would do that before today since the deposits are due today

Good luck, friend

I agree. MD front office admissions has been the least friendly to me from all of the schools that I applied to. This is a shame really. They didn't even ask my name when I called, just that I would get something when it's time.

If someone from admissions is reading these threads, i hope they realize that they need to make some changes with the staff that answer the phone.

I agree. MD front office admissions has been the least friendly to me from all of the schools that I applied to. This is a shame really. They didn't even ask my name when I called, just that I would get something when it's time.

If someone from admissions is reading these threads, i hope they realize that they need to make some changes with the staff that answer the phone.

One pet peeve I have is that this process is so vague. If there have been acceptances off the waitlist why haven't any new accepted students joined the Facebook group or posted here on SDN?

Second pet peeve: yes @predental21250 I agree! The people who work at the reception area for Maryland dental admissions are EXTREMELY RUDE. I understand that Dr. Morgan and whoever else loves to hire underprivileged or underrepresented groups of people to help them advance in life and have a paying job as a receptionist or admissions coordinator (every time I have called it's some angry woman, different person every time) but for Christ's sake can they hire someone who fits these categories and ALSO has people skills adequate enough to positively and welcomingly speak with people who are prospective applicants? I've called the Maryland dental school office before and seriously been asked "what do you want" and been given rude disgusted sighs when I ask valid questions, as if I'm some garbage piece or some used heroine needle on the dirtiest street in Baltimore and not some paying applicant who was interviewed and deserves to have his questions answered. DAMN.

Were you waitlisted?

So they definitely said that people have already been accepted off of the waitlist? Seems weird that they would do that before today since the deposits are due today

They said "the waitlist has begun to move" as of "this last week" (she said this in the rudest tone possible and was referring to it moving as of Monday, 3/27) and I suppose that means they accepted some people off the waitlist last week starting on 3/27 when they got back from Spring Break. Can anyone confirm this? It's only what I heard from a rude receptionist at the school. Deposits were due 4/1 but recall what @drcrentistdds said which is true...just because the deadline is 4/1 does not mean people wait until the last day to pay the deposit. Most have probably already paid the final deposit and I would wager that most had paid it by the time our waitlist emails were sent out on 3/16, and that the class isn't actually full, but they are completely messing with us all and too lazy to sift through the paperwork anymore to have actually accepted people before sending out the giant waitlist email. :mad::smack::diebanana::wtf::boom::boom::beat:

Members don't see this ad :)
oh they didn't ask your name that's weird? How did they give you any info then? I got someone quite friendly and polite on the phone. And yeah I don't have much hope for an acceptance any more :( hopefully we all find out where we stand officially very soon.
My guess is that it doesn't matter who you are, unless you're on the waiting list, the answer would be the sdme to all- a rejection...

Hey people! It is post-April 1! Anyone hear good news today?

Wow so there is movement. Anyone know if Monday's are their specific waitlist acceptance days? Somebody here PM-ed me about getting an acceptance last Monday as well. Hoping that for all of us on the waitlist who are waiting, we can expect to be emailed the good news! And soon! I wonder if they are doing the waitlist acceptances in small batches...

Do you think anymore waitlist acceptances will go out? I'm losing hope over here!!

There is a potential because not everyone on the waitlist will accept their offer of admission. Stay positive but I would start looking at accepting other offers if you have them

Congrats to all accepted off waitlist. Any OOS accepted off waitlist?

Nooooo :(
I just don't get why they won't just send us a rejection if they are only planning on accepting people off a waitlist.

Never know what could happen; but I have mentally moved on to other options.

Does anyone know when we receive financial information about loan awards? And if we completed all coursework prior to an academic update then we don't need to send anymore transcripts right? My last classes were Fall 2016 and followed by an academic update to AADSAS. I have to call and double check with them but I'm just wondering if someone has the answer on here.

Does anyone know when we receive financial information about loan awards? And if we completed all coursework prior to an academic update then we don't need to send anymore transcripts right? My last classes were Fall 2016 and followed by an academic update to AADSAS. I have to call and double check with them but I'm just wondering if someone has the answer on here.

You still need to have your official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions by July even if you didn't take any new courses not on AADSAS

You still need to have your official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions by July even if you didn't take any new courses not on AADSAS

Interesting. Alright. I wonder why they make you do that lol

I called today they said "If you interviewed and did not receive a waitlist invitation, then we encourage you to reapply" and that "letters will be going out" I guess that's a nice way to say rejection, too bad it still hurts just the same.

Congratulations to those accepted! Good luck to those on the waitlist, there still seems to be movement! And everyone else who wanted to go here: don't give up <3

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!!! I got the email today at 11:55!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who got accepted off the waitlist: were you IS or OOS?

Finally received a rejection letter in the mail today :( Interviewed in November. Congrats to everyone accepted !

Does anyone remember from their interview how much the allotment for living expenses was for living off campus (total)?

Does anyone remember from their interview how much the allotment for living expenses was for living off campus (total)?

For living off campus I believe it was around $81K a year with tuition and other expenses included total since tuition was $34K from the presentation. Living expenses alone however such as rent I believe was like $21K in that big sum of total allotments. Personally I don't think anyone actually takes out the total $81K you can be awarded. Does anyone know when we get notified of receiving loans for the fall? I submitted FAFSA before the deadline and all that.

Also on a side note when I was checking SURFS it said tuition for 2017-2018 is $38K? Did it increase? I guess the financial presentation during interview day confused me since the numbers for everything were lower.

Also on a side note when I was checking SURFS it said tuition for 2017-2018 is $38K? Did it increase? I guess the financial presentation during interview day confused me since the numbers for everything were lower.

Tuition tends to increase a tiny bit every year

Received an offer today, but will be turning it down! Was waitlisted sometime in April. Good luck to those still waiting

Hi
I'm starting at umsod this fall, and I'm currently signed up to live in the dorms

how do people feel about living with classmates? Yea or nay? I've heard mixed things!