**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread 2.0**

HChoudhary1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, let's start fresh with this thread and keep it helpful and informative!

I'm an in state resident, interviewed on 1/10 and was accepted during the last batch of invites on 1/20!

Willing to give insight on the interview day and anything else you all might have questions on!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I thought I was seeing double, but there are there two new threads now. I guess this one should be the official 2.0 since it has "2.0" in the title and all

Reactions: 3 users
Aadsas website still says "invited for interview" and I interviewed 1/11. Is this normal??

Also just received a rejection email from VCU

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Aadsas website still says "invited for interview" and I interviewed 1/11. Is this normal??

Yep that's normal! Pretty sure it will say that until a decision has been made on your file.

Yup, perfectly normal. If there's any movement in your application, it'll change from that to whatever the outcome is ("Offer Made", "Wait Listed", or "Application Denied"). It might take a little bit for AADSAS to update even after you've already heard back so don't really pay attention to it too much

Yep that's normal! Pretty sure it will say that until a decision has been made on your file.
Yup, perfectly normal. If there's any movement in your application, it'll change from that to whatever the outcome is ("Offer Made", "Wait Listed", or "Application Denied"). It might take a little bit for AADSAS to update even after you've heard back
Thank you guys! Hopefully it changes to "offer made " this Friday!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys! Hopefully it changes to "offer made " this Friday!!

Best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting to hear back. Can't say for certain but I think an update this Friday is pretty likely since the February interviews will start soon

First week in February is a popular time to hear back

Hello was there anyone who received an interview/acceptance without fulffing their LOR requirement?

I had 2 chemistry letter instead of 1 bio/1chemistry and havent heard back from them after I submitted the supplement... :(

Hello was there anyone who received an interview/acceptance without fulffing their LOR requirement?

I had 2 chemistry letter instead of 1 bio/1chemistry and havent heard back from them after I submitted the supplement... :(

I got accepted! I had two letter from biology professors but I made sure to email them and explain my situation as to why I wasn't able to provide a letter from a chem professor. So if you have a valid reason I would recommend you email them asap. All the best.

I got accepted! I had two letter from biology professors but I made sure to email them and explain my situation as to why I wasn't able to provide a letter from a chem professor. So if you have a valid reason I would recommend you email them asap. All the best.

ohhhh okok! thank you and congrats :D

ohhhh okok! thank you and congrats :D
I didn't do any of those and I had two biology LOR.. do you think it'll be an issue ??

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't do any of those and I had two biology LOR.. do you think it'll be an issue ??

Considering you were already invited for an interview, I would say it probably isn't a huge deal

Considering you were already invited for an interview, I would say it probably isn't a huge deal

Do they read the LOR before they interview you or after? I have been told both but I'm really not quite sure. Anyway, @dr.d00m is right. Once you've had the interview it probably wasn't an issue.

when I applied I got in without having one chemistry and one biology letter. You're good.

I sent two biology LORs and got an interview. I don't think they're too strict on the requirement

Has anyone heard anything from admissions today yet?

Has anyone heard anything from admissions today yet?
From what I've seeing, I think they send it out around 2ish so you still got about 3 hours left. It's driving me crazy right now lol

So quiet on here! I take that as no one else has heard from the admissions office today either?

I haven't :( I was hoping that we would today!

Me too. I thought they would be sending out the news this Friday since they didnt last week.

interviewed this week and we were told Dr. Porter was under the weather. This might be why... hope this makes you guys feel little better.

Reactions: 2 users
I got an email from a Mary and got really excited for a second lol

For those who got accepted, were you only sent an email, or did you ever receive an additional letter in the mail?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you guys for reviving the thread.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I have interview at Maryland tomorrow and I'm driving there. Could someone recommend a parking garage please? Also thanks for reviving the thread :D

Hi everyone. I have interview at Maryland tomorrow and I'm driving there. Could someone recommend a parking garage please? Also thanks for reviving the thread :D

UMB pearl garage. Right next to umb and shoud b about 12 dollars. Good luck!

Hey guys! I am a D3 and according to pre-dents, have given some helpful and positive advice in the past. Please feel free to message me or ask any questions, within reason of course!

I recommend using the garage that UMB SD recommended in the email!. Goodluck

just got invited for an interview but already put down my deposit at BU. anyone have any advice on whether or not i should go to the interview?

just got invited for an interview but already put down my deposit at BU. anyone have any advice on whether or not i should go to the interview?

If you were accepted to Maryland, would you be willing to forfeit your deposit at BU and go here instead? If so, YES go to your interview. You are going to be a dentist either way.

I got acceptance email from BU while at Maryland interview haha :shrug:. I loved Maryland and would personally choose Maryland over BU if accepted. Go have a look!

Just once or do they make us pay deposits multiple times?
Their website states "For candidates who receive an offer of admission, a deposit of $1,000 must accompany the applicant's acceptance of the offer of admission. This sum will be credited toward the applicant's tuition and is non-refundable. An additional $1,000 deposit is due by April 1 to confirm intent to enroll."

There are 2 deposits. The first is $1000 and I belive the second for $1000 is due in March or April

Edit: I think it was $750 my year. This year is $1000

Yeah it's $1000 for your first deposit along with a signed commitment letter and your ID photo, and then another $1000 by April 1st!

I second what @umbtoothfairy said. If you're okay with the idea of forfeiting a BU deposit in the event you receive a Maryland acceptance, go for it. If not, then you could cancel your interview. Completely up to you. Are you in state for BU?

Their website states "For candidates who receive an offer of admission, a deposit of $1,000 must accompany the applicant's acceptance of the offer of admission. This sum will be credited toward the applicant's tuition and is non-refundable. An additional $1,000 deposit is due by April 1 to confirm intent to enroll."
There are 2 deposits. The first is $1000 and I belive the second for $1000 is due in March or April

Edit: I think it was $750 my year. This year is $1000
Yeah it's $1000 for your first deposit along with a signed commitment letter and your ID photo, and then another $1000 by April 1st!

Thanks!! Still patiently waiting for the call...