Maryland Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congrats to those who have been accepted! Would you guys mind saying how long ago you interviewed/completed your app and whether you're OOS or IS
Hi, I am OOS. My app was considered complete on 08/09. Received a supplemental about 2 weeks after. My interview was on 11/18.

Members don't see this ad.

In short, Maryland is costlier compared to some others so does the fee match up with the quality of education?
I converted 2021-2022 to the whole year for you guys..
First year at Maryland IS was 57780 and OOS 95745, once you account for required fees and tuition. This does not include student health insurance, which is 4700 if you don't have coverage from elsewhere. You can apply for IS after living in MD for 12 months so 2nd year could be IS.
Current D2s paid 56731, 94696. D3s 54326, 92291. D4s 54497, 92462. Again without health insurance and cost of living. Baltimore is moderately priced compared to other cities.
The above does not include the fees for licensure boards and national exams which is expensive and in D4. The average graduate from Maryland had 252k of debt in 2018.

Reactions: 2 users
has there been a facebook page of accepted students created yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First year at Maryland IS was 57780 and OOS 95745, once you account for required fees and tuition. This does not include student health insurance, which is 4700 if you don't have coverage from elsewhere. You can apply for IS after living in MD for 12 months so 2nd year could be IS.
Current D2s paid 56731, 94696. D3s 54326, 92291. D4s 54497, 92462. Again without health insurance and cost of living. Baltimore is moderately priced compared to other cities.
The above does not include the fees for licensure boards and national exams which is expensive and in D4. The average graduate from Maryland had 252k of debt in 2018.
This is great summary. OOS are ripped off so much compared to IS. Other universities do not have so much difference between IS and OSS?

This is great summary. OOS are ripped off so much compared to IS. Other universities do not have so much difference between IS and OSS?
I have no clue what public schools you also looked at, but OOS tuition is usually around double at most schools. It is normal

Tanks for clarifying, I had forgot the prices given were Per Semester and not the whole year

Have any in state students been accepted? I'm IS and still haven't been interviewed, and it seems like the people around me at UMD haven't heard anything since getting secondaries back in like October. Just wanted to see if anyone IS has actually interviewed and gotten in.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any in state students been accepted? I'm IS and still haven't been interviewed, and it seems like the people around me at UMD haven't heard anything since getting secondaries back in like October. Just wanted to see if anyone IS has actually interviewed and gotten in.
Im an IS student and got in

I submitted my secondary in October and I am also in state. I had been waiting for an interview and just got a call today because some people cancelled. Im assuming they're just now getting around to us

Does anybody know if sending a letter of interest in December would be ok? Maybe after the 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, I got accepted but just declined the offer. I wish everyone who is waiting to hear from UMD good luck! You've got this!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I wasn’t able to find a Facebook page for this class so I decided to make one:

Anyone interview last cycle get an interview this cycle? It was a bit nerve-racking not to get an interview by now when I interviewed and waitlisted the last cycle. Congrats to those who got in wish you all the best!

Anyone interview last cycle get an interview this cycle? It was a bit nerve-racking not to get an interview by now when I interviewed and waitlisted the last cycle. Congrats to those who got in wish you all the best!
idk if its the same at maryland but at BU if you are waitlisted the previous cycle, they don't interview the following cycle if you apply again. Im assuming they simply use last years interview for the current application. You simply get accepted or denied on December 1st. This was my exact situation and luckily i got accepted this year. You should try emailing the admissions director to see what their policy is on re-applicants that were placed on the waitlist the previous year.

I just declined my offer. Good luck to everyone who is on the waiting list!

Reactions: 3 users
I got my supplemental application invitation a little before Thanksgiving and haven't heard anything since. How long did it take everyone else to get an interview invite after they submit their supplemental?

I got my supplemental application invitation a little before Thanksgiving and haven't heard anything since. How long did it take everyone else to get an interview invite after they submit their supplemental?
Did my supplemental in mid october and got an interview for tomorrow due to some people cancelling

Did my supplemental in mid october and got an interview for tomorrow due to some people cancelling
Are you saying you were invited for an interview that's scheduled for tomorrow immediately after you submit your supplemental? Or you were invited last-minute?

It usually take a month or so to receive the interview invitation

Reactions: 2 users
Are you saying you were invited for an interview that's scheduled for tomorrow immediately after you submit your supplemental? Or you were invited last-minute?
Last minute. I got the invitee like 4 or 5 days ago

For those of you who got accepted to UMBSOD (congrats!), and are planning to attend here, I would suggest that you guys start preparing for your immunization records :) I know it is still early in the cycle BUT you should get started early~

We are still early in the cycle [only the first batch of acceptance was sent out] so I wouldn't worried too much on not hearing back from the admission office yet. From what I heard, class size for Co2024 was around ~50% OOS and 50% IS. So both IS and OOS have equal chances of getting acceptance. My advice would be: try to update your AADSAS application with new EC activities so you are letting "all" dental schools know that you are being active. Don't lose hope yet. Lmk if you have any questions.

hey guys! I completed the secondary app around October 20th. Should I be expecting an interview invite at the end of the month? Or at all? I'm getting a little nervous and not sure if it is a good idea to reach out for an update...

hey guys! I completed the secondary app around October 20th. Should I be expecting an interview invite at the end of the month? Or at all? I'm getting a little nervous and not sure if it is a good idea to reach out for an update...
I would probably expect something after first week of January when they have a better idea of who is taking the acceptances or not.

Does anyone know if there will be a second round of acceptances tomorrow?

Does anyone know if there will be a second round of acceptances tomorrow?
I had an interview with them last week and they said they will do another round during the first week of January.

I had an interview with them last week and they said they will do another round during the first week of January.
UMB is currently my number one choice for dental school and I completed my interview on 11/19, however I have received acceptances from other schools that require a commitment prior to or on January 1st. If UMB is waiting to send out second round acceptances until the first week of January, should I consider accepting an offer from one of the other dental schools? I do not want to be left waiting in the dust for a response to potentially not receive an offer and lose out on other schools.

UMB is currently my number one choice for dental school and I completed my interview on 11/19, however I have received acceptances from other schools that require a commitment prior to or on January 1st. If UMB is waiting to send out second round acceptances until the first week of January, should I consider accepting an offer from one of the other dental schools? I do not want to be left waiting in the dust for a response to potentially not receive an offer and lose out on other schools.
Im in the same boat as you too! I think at that point it wouldn’t hurt to put down a deposit at another school while you’re waiting to hear from UMB. A lot of students put down deposits at multiple schools so I think it’s a good way to secure your spot in dental school

Im in the same boat as you too! I think at that point it wouldn’t hurt to put down a deposit at another school while you’re waiting to hear from UMB. A lot of students put down deposits at multiple schools so I think it’s a good way to secure your spot in dental school
I do not think you have much choice right now but to pay now and then compare the fee structure and if it is IS or OSS school and then take decision that time? No point in taking the risk now

I am in the exact same position and I think it makes the most sense to put the money down at at least one other school so you know if all else fails you will still be going to dental school albeit not at your number one choice. You may lose a 1k or 2k deposit but in the end thats a small price to pay in comparison to repeating this entire process over again, if you hold off and lose the other acceptances and UMB doesnt accept you either

Is there any GroupMe for this class?

Is there any GroupMe for this class?
Not that I know. I wanted to start a poll on then FB page in spring to see if a GroupMe/Slack/Discord or something else would be most affective to use. Personally I like Slack, but I know not everyone does. I just wanted to have the ability to make different pages for housing or nightlife, etc. I was going to wait until later so that more people hear back on their acceptance

Any one know how many of seats got accepted or remaining after first round of offers?

Any one know how many of seats got accepted or remaining after first round of offers?
^^ Additionally, I heard that the second round of offers should be going out this first week of January. Does anyone know which day to expect?

^^ Additionally, I heard that the second round of offers should be going out this first week of January. Does anyone know which day to expect?
I'd assume Friday, January 7th since it's the end of the week. I'm sure they'd use this entire week to decide.

I believe another round of interview invitations were sent out today. Congrats to all who were accepted and goodluck to those who are waiting on interview invitations/acceptances!

I believe another round of interview invitations were sent out today. Congrats to all who were accepted and goodluck to those who are waiting on interview invitations/acceptances!
another round of interviews without meeee :(((