***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone turn down OOS offers? Still patiently waiting for an interview

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview invite this afternoon (#2). I had zero expectations of hearing anything for quite some time but I'm not complaining! I was given two possible interview dates in January, with a morning slot and an afternoon slot for both days.

OOS (Indiana)
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/23/20/23/none below 17

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite this afternoon (#2). I had zero expectations of hearing anything for quite some time but I'm not complaining! I was given two possible interview dates in January, with a morning slot and an afternoon slot for both days.

OOS (Indiana)
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/23/20/23/none below 17

Good luck!! That’s so exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Recieved an interview on Monday!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone been able to join the Facebook group?

I've clicked join a couple times and it just says pending :shrug: does someone already in the group need to confirm or add me?

I've clicked join a couple times and it just says pending :shrug: does someone already in the group need to confirm or add me?

I haven't been able to as well. Nobody will allow me to join.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite today! Only date available was January 26

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone pleaseeeeee accept us :)
I don't see any requests. Also, when I made the group, I removed myself as admin so anyone can approve. This is weird. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

I think someone added themself as the admin. The option for that is no longer there from what I can tell so whoever is the admin should accept! :)

Finally got into the Facebook group. Don’t worry, it’s not all that great from the inside ;)

Hey guys, does anyone know where majority of D1 students live? Are they really close to campus or do they have a commute? I forgot to write down everyone's answers during my interviews.

Waitlisted a few weeks ago. International student. First waitlist.

Hey guys, does anyone know where majority of D1 students live? Are they really close to campus or do they have a commute? I forgot to write down everyone's answers during my interviews.
It all really depends. A few of the in-state first year students live at home with their parents. If they don't live at home, I heard most of them live within 20 minutes of campus. As for OOS students, they also traditionally stay close to the campus. Understandable, since there are some risks associated with having a legitimate commute to classes each day.

Hey Marcus! We were just discussing this in the FB group. There’s some helpful info on there.

Hey Marcus! We were just discussing this in the FB group. There’s some helpful info on there.

So many people live across the street at the Sovereign there is also the Marq (2-3 streets down) down the road. The Marq used to be separate housing, but Marquette University bought the building. The Marq is "All inclusive" as you just pay a flat fee for the most part and you get furniture, cable, TV, internet. I will say the Marq is not the best value. I live else where where I drive and find that a 10 minute drive is worth having a much better place to live with access to grocers and other food and daily life needs. I also have amenities in my apartment that the other places don't offer like control on my cable/internet, washer dryer, and a building with regular people helps make the living atmosphere more enjoyable less noisy and just a better experience. The Sov and Marq are in a little bit of a food desert. There are many that live in the city parts of town, some in the burbs. It just depends on what you want out of living.

I will say that I never have issue with traffic or anything and I drive. There is parking available in the Lot T (surface lot) or structure 2 (garage, and covered). They have overnight and daily parking just buy it when it opens up and you will have zero issue. It is about 580-720 for both semesters depending if you want overnight and which lot.

Please feel free to message me, i can also post in the group too. I found some great deals in my search, and I can also tell you some places to avoid. I am more than happy to help.

CONGRATS ON THE ACCEPTANCES!

Does AADSAS change from Offer made to Accepted if you put your downpayment down? Just want to make sure they received my payment!

Does AADSAS change from Offer made to Accepted if you put your downpayment down? Just want to make sure they received my payment!
Yes. And you’ll receive an email confirmation and letter in the mail confirmation (along with a Xmas gift from MU)

Yes. And you’ll receive an email confirmation and letter in the mail confirmation (along with a Xmas gift from MU)
What was the Christmas gift? Just out of curiosity.

Got waitlisted here. What are my chances of getting off the waitlist here? Do they waitlist EVERYONE who did not get accepted dec 1st?

I put my downpayment down like last week and didnt get anything! I just got an email that said my account was charged withe the amount. Now I am getting nervous! Ah!

Got waitlisted here. What are my chances of getting off the waitlist here? Do they waitlist EVERYONE who did not get accepted dec 1st?

Plenty of people get in after they waitlist if they have interviewed! Best of luck. Facebook group has about just under 40 people.

Interview invite for Marquette! OOS, and very excited!

Does anyone know what the earliest date IS people will be offered acceptance that are on the waitlist? Hoping I'll know for sure before my other deposit is due...

For the people that got interviews or acceptances, how many shadow hours did you have and what work experience did you have? Asking since I want to apply to Marquette in a couple of years. Thanks!

For the people that got interviews or acceptances, how many shadow hours did you have and what work experience did you have? Asking since I want to apply to Marquette in a couple of years. Thanks!

PM me and I’ll give you my insight

I worked as a surgical assistant for an oral surgeon for four years and did shadowing on the side! If you're set on Marquette make sure you do lots of volunteering! :) Best of luck to you!

I have over 400 volunteer hours, 1700 work hours as an unlicensed dental assistant/sterilization technician at an emergency dental clinic and then like 120 shadowing hours; I got waitlisted though, mostly because my science GPA isn't the highest but I'm still hoping for the best!

I have officially committed to Marquette for next year! If any other female D1 students are interested in rooming with me at Sovereign Apartments (the building right across the street from the dental school) please DM me! :)

I have officially committed to Marquette for next year! If any other female D1 students are interested in rooming with me at Sovereign Apartments (the building right across the street from the dental school) please DM me! :)
Welcome!

Are you an IS or OOS applicant?

2nd round of acceptances sent out! Happy to join the class of 2022 at MUSod! Patience paid off!

2nd round of acceptances sent out! Happy to join the class of 2022 at MUSod! Patience paid off!
When did you get the call from Brian? and are you IS or OOS? Also did your ADEA status change from waitlisted to anything or did it not change right away?

I am in state! I received an offer on Dec 1st, but just made my decision this week, so hopefully there are still many second-round offers available for those of you still waiting! :)

Are you an IS or OOS applicant?

I am in state! I received an offer on Dec 1st, but just made my decision this week, so hopefully there are still many second-round offers available for those of you still waiting! :)

When did you get the call from Brian? and are you IS or OOS? Also did your ADEA status change from waitlisted to anything or did it not change right away?
got the call yesterday around noon. I am OOS. Illinois. ADEA status changed to "offer Made".

Does anyone know if they continue to interview in February?
When I interviewed at the end of October they said that they only do two post December interview dates in January if they feel that they won't have enough people from the fall interviews to commit and fill their class. It doesn't hurt to call and double check though or even ask if they are still sending out interview invites for the dates in January

Status
Not open for further replies.