USC School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Can someone please post the link to the Facebook page? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

for those preparing to reapply and potentially retake the dat, what does your study timeline look like? bc at this point there’s only a month until the application opens…

for those preparing to reapply and potentially retake the dat, what does your study timeline look like? bc at this point there’s only a month until the application opens…
My advice would be start studying now and take it in July/August the latest

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I realized I forgot to send the contact form after my interview but I did send a letter of intent. I’m going to send the contact form first thing tomorrow but is it a problem if I forgot to send the form?
Just send the form. I wouldn't think it's a problem if you sent them a letter already.

If anyone is reapplying, what are your plans to make your application stronger? My DAT was a 20, 3.6 ish SGPA and 3.8 ish GPA. I also had a lot of community service/extra curriculars/shadowing and work experience. My personal statement def needed more work and I think I have to practice interview skills. I can be shy. I’m not sure what more I should do so I don’t look lazy!! Should I look into dental assisting or do a masters? I’d rather not do a masters and end up in more debt. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If anyone is reapplying, what are your plans to make your application stronger? My DAT was a 20, 3.6 ish SGPA and 3.8 ish GPA. I also had a lot of community service/extra curriculars/shadowing and work experience. My personal statement def needed more work and I think I have to practice interview skills. I can be shy. I’m not sure what more I should do so I don’t look lazy!! Should I look into dental assisting or do a masters? I’d rather not do a masters and end up in more debt. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
go to the WAMC subforum and fill out a template...

what’s that

does anyone know when recently admitted students deposit is due?

Members don't see this ad :)
when did they tell you? 2 weeks would make sense if between late Jan to early March, now that were in May, schools will quicken their deposit timeline to under a week. 5 days sounds about right for where we're at
They were admitted a few days ago, I can also ask someone else!

an admitted person told me it was 2 weeks!
My interview was in April and they told us the later the acceptance the sooner you have to pay the deposit. So it’s different for everyone. Someone who just interviewed and got accepted says 5 days.

My interview was in April and they told us the later the acceptance the sooner you have to pay the deposit. So it’s different for everyone. Someone who just interviewed and got accepted says 5 days.

does anyone think there could be more waves this week?
If the deposit was due this week then maybe!! I really hope so.

Hey guys, I was accepted to USC April 25th and can offer insight into deposits. Our deposit of 2k is due May 10th. An additional 1k by May 25th.

For planning purposes in the acceptance email it says acceptances after May 15th that deposits need to be paid in full (3k) five days after the acceptance email.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I was accepted to USC April 25th and can offer insight into deposits. Our deposit of 2k is due May 10th. An additional 1k by May 25th.

For planning purposes in the acceptance email it says acceptances after May 15th that deposits need to be paid in full (3k) five days after the acceptance email.
awesome thank you SO incredibly much this helps a lot. By any chance do you know how full the class is? I just want to know if there is even a chance at all. I will still be prepping to reapply but was hoping I'd still have a shot :cryi:

sooo we could possibly hear back in June… ugh

awesome thank you SO incredibly much this helps a lot. By any chance do you know how full the class is? I just want to know if there is even a chance at all. I will still be prepping to reapply but was hoping I'd still have a shot :cryi:
It is hard to tell. The Facebook I had to find myself and wasn’t stated in the admissions email, so there’s a good chance there are people with deposits down that aren’t in it. Also, there are at least 5-10 D1s, D2s, etc and admissions staff in there. I’ll be thinking of you!!

It is hard to tell. The Facebook I had to find myself and wasn’t stated in the admissions email, so there’s a good chance there are people with deposits down that aren’t in it. Also, there are at least 5-10 D1s, D2s, etc and admissions staff in there. I’ll be thinking of you!!
Thank you so much and congratulations!!!

D

Don’t lose hope! Fingers crossed guys. People drop their seat all the time.
True! I feel like we'd hear back after May 10 tho since that is when deposit is due and I'm dreading the wait. I kinda wish they had a ranked waiting list but its ok

Makeshift SDN poll lol

If you are currently on the waitlist at USC and would accept the offer please THUMBS UP
If you are currently on the waitlist at USC and would NOT accept the offer please THUMBS DOWN

- this can give us a better idea of our chances, wishing everyone the best of luck!

Reactions: 13 users
Hey guys I think the deposit is due tomorrow. FINGERS CROSSED we hear something next week!!

Reactions: 3 users
im just curious, does anyone know if those who got accepted in the first wave after interviews were higher-stat applicants/better overall application or were decisions mostly based on interviews?

I really hope people will hear back soon! Do you guys think there will be more waves in May? I hope we don’t have to wait for June

if the deadline is today, it will likely be monday or tuesday after they get the final count of in/out students and choose from the waitlist
it's possible that it will be tomorrow, but you all need to just trust the process...

If we call and ask will they let us know if the class is full? The FB numbers are pretty high

Do you guys think there will be another round of interviews?
I’m just trying to decide whether to submit my application when the portal opens or to wait

Do you guys think there will be another round of interviews?
I’m just trying to decide whether to submit my application when the portal opens or to wait
I think they are done interviewing I just don’t know how many seats are left. I think I’m honestly just going to submit mine when it opens :(

I don’t mind waiting till end of June either I think that would be considered early to submit! Interviews usually don’t start till August for most schools I think?

Last edited: