***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the hold email because I was selected to interview for the PESP program. If you'e an applicant with less than ideal credentials, you might interview for one of those seats. Past that, it could also mean they just weren't ready to reject you. I took it as them not feeling too strongly about me one way of the other, so what they do with your application could depend on how these acceptances go.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
On hold e-mail also received. No interview from Marquette yet. OOS

Reactions: 1 user
What does it mean that my application was put on hold? Any chance I could still get an interview?

What does it mean that my application was put on hold? Any chance I could still get an interview?
Hold means you're in the pool of potential interviewees if the initial offers don't go as well as planned and they need to interview additional people to fill the class and alternate pool. Their goal each year is to not hold additional interviews after December 1st, and only pick from the 350 people interviewed before that date. However, if they end up rejecting too many people and too many of the initial offers aren't taken, then they have to start picking from what was left of the pre-December pool. Basically, in the end, they need enough people to fill the 100 person class and the 100 person alternate pool. People on hold will get picked from depending on how the December 1st offers go.

If you're a minority applicant or are considered disadvantaged by some means, then you may be put in the Pre-Enrollment Support Program (PESP) applicant pool. 10 seats each class are reserved for these applicants.

So yes, hold means that you CAN be interviewed, but it doesn't mean that you will not also be rejected. Unfortunately, you're going to be in the dark for a while with respect to Marquette. I was on hold from December 2nd to early February last cycle. Not an ideal place to be, but anything can happen.

Reactions: 2 users
Hold means you're in the pool of potential interviewees if the initial offers don't go as well as planned and they need to interview additional people to fill the class and alternate pool. Their goal each year is to not hold additional interviews after December 1st, and only pick from the 350 people interviewed before that date. However, if they end up rejecting too many people and too many of the initial offers aren't taken, then they have to start picking from what was left of the pre-December pool. Basically, in the end, they need enough people to fill the 100 person class and the 100 person alternate pool. People on hold will get picked from depending on how the December 1st offers go.
Any idea how many applicants they would keep on hold? Thank you!

Any idea how many applicants they would keep on hold? Thank you!
No idea. Just know that you still have a chance, since rejections were also sent out today. The number of those on hold exceeds the number they could ever need, so some of the people on hold will be rejected to shrink that pool as they get a better feel for how the class and alternate pool are looking.

No idea. Just know that you still have a chance, since rejections were also sent out today. The number of those on hold exceeds the number they could ever need, so some of the people on hold will be rejected to shrink that pool as they get a better feel for how the class and alternate pool are looking.
Thanks for the heads up! Kinda stinks to hear and I regret applying later now. But oh well.

Hey all, beyond excited and thrilled to be accepted OOS. I'm currently in my senior year of undergrad at Marquette, however I did also get accepted to my in-state school and a couple other schools as well. I have a big decision to make, but those who are on the OOS waitlist, don't be disheartened just yet. I know for a fact a lot of OOS offers don't get accepted, as it is cheaper to go to an in-state school. YOU all still have a chance of getting in. I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet, but wanted to wish you all the best of luck with this whole process.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone made a facebook group yet?

No and I just wanted to make sure their current class president isn’t making it like at some of the other schools. I think it might be up to us though by what I saw from the thread last year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Patiently waiting
emoji3.png
. Hello possible future classmates!

I can make one now for everyone who is waiting for an unofficial page. :)

guys... it's not letting me post the link but just search MUSoD Class of 2022 to join the group :) on Facebook.

i tried searching that and could not find it for some reason!

I'm sorry ... this is annoying but I have to post another 2 times for this link to work. per what it says:

Sorry, you were not able to post because your post contained a link.

For this Conversation, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
You must have created at least 10 Posts (Yours: 8)
You must have received at least 2 Likes (Yours: 2)
Your Like:post Ratio must be at least: 1% (Yours: 57%)
You must be registered for at least 10 days (Yours 877)

last time. okay guys... lol

anyone know if Marquette gives any scholarships? If so, when do people get notified for them??

anyone know if Marquette gives any scholarships? If so, when do people get notified for them??

I think they focus on merit based. Not sure when they give them out though. I’m waiting for Monday to roll around to ask a couple of questions.

They do have scholarships, but you have to make sure your FAFSA has already been submitted. I believe the financial aid woman said that scholarship stuff would be sent out with your acceptance package. As for when that is, I have no idea.

Does anyone know how many in state acceptances were sent out on Dec 1?

Does anyone know how many in state acceptances were sent out on Dec 1?
Not exactly. They send out more than 50 expecting some of them will not accept the offer. So a little over 50% of the in-state pool received an acceptance.

They do have scholarships, but you have to make sure your FAFSA has already been submitted. I believe the financial aid woman said that scholarship stuff would be sent out with your acceptance package. As for when that is, I have no idea.

The acceptance package should reach us by the end of this upcoming week.

I never interviewed here, I'm OOS and received an "your app will remain under consideration" email. Considering I only interviewed at two places and am waitlisted at one and still haven't heard back from the other (assuming it's a waitlist or a rejection) I will continue to hang on to this sliver of hope lol

Hey all, so a little insight into the process that I have heard. I go to Marquette for undergrad and have been to several meetings with Brian and heard him talk about the admissions process over and over again and each time he's said basically the same thing. Initial offers will go out Dec 1. and then they will wait until after New Years, see who has accepted their offers and based on that, interview or not interview more people. That's just what he has said in these presentations he has given on campus and to our pre-dental club at MU. So that's basically the process. I wouldn't expect to hear back until mid January at the earliest because admissions offers are valid for I believe 30 days, and it wouldn't make sense to start asking people to interview unless they had to. That being said, I know there is a large turnover rate for OOS offers, as many people decide a cheaper option or another school, so OOS people are more likely to be interviewed post December. The IS class normally fills up fairly quickly based on what I have heard. My friend who is a D1 this year said they didn't interview any IS applicants post-Dec last cycle because those 50 spots were already full by late January from people who were waitlisted. Just some insight from what I know. Each cycle is different so bear that in mind. Best of luck to everyone throughout this whole process.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get the email from Certiphi for a background check?

Anyone else get the email from Certiphi for a background check?

I did. I’m waiting for the packet through make sure they are doing it through AADSAS. I was accepted to a couple schools so I’m not sure if it’s actually for Marquette? I would hate to pay and then it’s not

I did. I’m waiting for the packet through make sure they are doing it through AADSAS. I was accepted to a couple schools so I’m not sure if it’s actually for Marquette? I would hate to pay and then it’s not

I called the admissions office and they said it was legit

Consented for my background check and put my tuition deposit in last night! I'm a mixture of anxious, excited, and (slightly) nauseous. It's really happening!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, beyond excited and thrilled to be accepted OOS. I'm currently in my senior year of undergrad at Marquette, however I did also get accepted to my in-state school and a couple other schools as well. I have a big decision to make, but those who are on the OOS waitlist, don't be disheartened just yet. I know for a fact a lot of OOS offers don't get accepted, as it is cheaper to go to an in-state school. YOU all still have a chance of getting in. I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet, but wanted to wish you all the best of luck with this whole process.
How much time do they give you to make your decision? I'm waitlisted OOS and wondering if it is 1 week or 2 weeks they give those who received acceptances to decide so I know when they will start contacting those on waitlist to fill the spots of those who decided not to accept their offer?

How much time do they give you to make your decision? I'm waitlisted OOS and wondering if it is 1 week or 2 weeks they give those who received acceptances to decide so I know when they will start contacting those on waitlist to fill the spots of those who decided not to accept their offer?

The package is coming this week, but I’m pretty sure it’s 30 days.

I got the "HOLD" email on Friday. OOS applicant from MI

Brian said we have till Jan 1st to make a decision.

Hey future dentists, I was accepted Friday with a scholarship offer so I'm not sure if they made all their scholarship decisions already or not but just a heads up for those who were wondering!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted people have to wait until after January 1st for the next round of acceptances.

Status
Not open for further replies.