***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I'm also curious. But about IS.
Any in-state get accepted off wait-list??

Reactions: 1 user
Received my Alternate Pool invitation this morning. The class is officially full.

Last edited by a moderator:
same, anyone know someone who actually got off this alternate pool?

same, anyone know someone who actually got off this alternate pool?
Quite a few OOS people get accepted off of the alternate pool after April 1st, when everyone who reserved a seat at multiple schools has to choose one. I know one person who got accepted a week before classes started.

Quite a few OOS people get accepted off of the alternate pool after April 1st, when everyone who reserved a seat at multiple schools has to choose one. I know one person who got accepted a week before classes started.
Thanks for the info!

Since after April 1st they can see if you have reserved another seat, would they still give acceptances to other students accepted to other programs?

Anyone know how large the alternate pool is? How is it any different than the waitlist? I assume they cut people off the waitlist and who are left with are considered the 'alternate pool'.

Anyone know how large the alternate pool is? How is it any different than the waitlist? I assume they cut people off the waitlist and who are left with are considered the 'alternate pool'.
The alternate pool is 75 to 100 people. I'm fairly certain that they populate the alternate pool first (we have until April 6th to reserve a spot), then reject the remaining waitlist people. I view the waitlist as the Winter-Spring Alternate pool. Since the Alternate Pool is nothing more than a bunch of people that they pick from when a seat opens up. It's essentially what the waitlist was before the class filled. The Alternate Pool is the smaller group of people that they pick from between Spring and Summer.

Can we send the signed alternative pool paper via email?

Members don't see this ad :)
The last email I got around a week or two ago in regards to the alternate pool stated that the class was full

The last email I got around a week or two ago in regards to the alternate pool stated that the class was full
Getting into the class as an instate at this point is highly highly unlikely- it is rare for a resident to give up his spot. OOS may still have some chances, but remember the alternate list is fairly large...

Gave up my spot, hopefully it goes to one of you lucky OOS people! Goodluck!

Reactions: 2 users
The alternate pool is 75 to 100 people. I'm fairly certain that they populate the alternate pool first (we have until April 6th to reserve a spot), then reject the remaining waitlist people. I view the waitlist as the Winter-Spring Alternate pool. Since the Alternate Pool is nothing more than a bunch of people that they pick from when a seat opens up. It's essentially what the waitlist was before the class filled. The Alternate Pool is the smaller group of people that they pick from between Spring and Summer.
When I went in and talked to Brian he said the alternate pool is small for both IS and OOS alternate pools

Can you confirm OOS or IS? or both?
I called Sarah and only inquired about alternate pool offers in general, not specifically one or the other. I would assume both. Definitely at least IS since it's much easier to pick IS people than it is to pick OOS people. Fewer IS seats open up after April 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went in and talked to Brian he said the alternate pool is small for both IS and OOS alternate pools
That it is. It would be between 35 and 50 for the IS pool and 35 to 50 people for the OOS pool.

I was offered a spot from the alternate pool, IS, last Wednesday! See you all in the fall!

I was offered a spot from the alternative list last Tuesday!

I have not heard back from them at all (not on the waitlist or alternate pool). Is it safe to say that I am rejected?

I have not heard back from them at all (not on the waitlist or alternate pool). Is it safe to say that I am rejected?
I would say, call them to find out about the status of your application!

Hi Can any in state applicants who were accepted be able to give me their stats??? Just curious on what my chances would be to get into the school? Thank you so much!

Hi Can any in state applicants who were accepted be able to give me their stats??? Just curious on what my chances would be to get into the school? Thank you so much!
19 DAT 3.8GPA

To anyone who was accepted off the waitlist: What did you do to get accepted off the waitlist?

To anyone who was accepted off the waitlist: What did you do to get accepted off the waitlist?
I just waited. There is really nothing you can do other than hope that a position is dropped by a person currently holding one and that they choose you to fill it.

On Dec. 1st I was waitlisted at MU but got accepted to another school. I wrote a genuine letter (sometimes called a letter of intent) stating how much I wanted to go to MU over the other schools I got accepted to because I'm IS and local and love MKE. I drove over to the deans office and handed it to them personally. I don't know if that had any effect on their decision to pick me when a spot opened up, but obviously it didn't hurt either.

Hi guys! This is my first time posting, and hopefully people are still checking this site... I was just taken off of the alternate pool so I will be joining MU's D1 class this fall. I wasn't expecting to be in school this fall since it's already August, so I literally have nothing prepared to move in two weeks. I'm from Minnesota so I really need to find a place to live. Is anyone looking for a roommate or know anyone that needs one??? Or can anyone give me suggestions on good places to live around campus that are nearby the school since I will not have a car. I requested to join the FB last night but haven't been accepted to the group yet so I'm reaching out to people on this site. I'm excited to meet you all later this month! Hope to here back soon!

Hi guys! This is my first time posting, and hopefully people are still checking this site... I was just taken off of the alternate pool so I will be joining MU's D1 class this fall. I wasn't expecting to be in school this fall since it's already August, so I literally have nothing prepared to move in two weeks. I'm from Minnesota so I really need to find a place to live. Is anyone looking for a roommate or know anyone that needs one??? Or can anyone give me suggestions on good places to live around campus that are nearby the school since I will not have a car. I requested to join the FB last night but haven't been accepted to the group yet so I'm reaching out to people on this site. I'm excited to meet you all later this month! Hope to here back soon!

Hey that’s super exciting! Congrats on getting off the alternate list! I’m an incoming D1 as well
I think the Facebook page still has some sublets available in apartments very close to the school so I think you should be fine!
Common apartment complexes for denta students are sovereign, the Marq, and Clybourn Place but there’s obviously a ton of other options

Private message me if you have more questions! Congrats again!

Hey that’s super exciting! Congrats on getting off the alternate list! I’m an incoming D1 as well
I think the Facebook page still has some sublets available in apartments very close to the school so I think you should be fine!
Common apartment complexes for denta students are sovereign, the Marq, and Clybourn Place but there’s obviously a ton of other options

Private message me if you have more questions! Congrats again!

thanks for replying and for the help! Once I know more from Brian, I'll let you know if I have more questions!

Hey guys! Im an instate student who was put on the waitlist yesterday. I have good stats and my interview went well, so I'm still unsure as to why I wasn't accepted. What are my chances of being taken off the waitlist being an IS.... I'm a little worried because not many instate people decline their offers.

Hey guys! Im an instate student who was put on the waitlist yesterday. I have good stats and my interview went well, so I'm still unsure as to why I wasn't accepted. What are my chances of being taken off the waitlist being an IS.... I'm a little worried because not many instate people decline their offers.

take mcat and apply to med school.

Status
Not open for further replies.