USC School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I interviewed march 4th and have not heard back yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol there's no way, there have to be at least a few people from each interview group that get accepted...right?🙃
yes apparently some people from February 21 have not heard back. So I'm wondering if their date has not heard back either?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
You know what march 4th/feb 21 ppl we were just so good that we stumped them:love:

Here is my new crazy thought. They MUST (pftttt) have accidentally reviewed April/late March first on accident. Forgetting about late February/early march. Right?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they’re sending out more acceptances cuz I saw some schools waitlists are opening up like UCLAs.

This was probably a big wave and people just aren't posting about it. Do we think there will be another big wave?

if we're going to wait that long I think its time to start reapplying:((

Yall why do I feel like barely anyone got accepted? Maybe just cuz they aren’t posting on here or reddit?

Guys I was checking the past few years' SDN threads and there were more waves in May and June in addition to late April

I posted on the DAT bootcamp FB page to see who got acceptances today and when they interviewed and someone said they got accepted from the March 21st interview and April 11th interview.

I posted on the DAT bootcamp FB page to see who got acceptances today and when they interviewed and someone said they got accepted from the March 21st interview and April 11th interview.
did only two people reply? I'm wondering how many were accepted today

I’m an older returning student to academics. I have 17 years of dental laboratory experience. My first attempt at college was back in 2004-2007, not full time courses but class here and there. I was not a good student then.

Any ways. I returned to school basically starting at the beginning, earned my BS in Biology at UCR, 2.75 gpa, all while either working full time at the dental lab or while completing 2 years of undergrad research. I was told I got denied because they factored my gpa with grades were 15-20 years old. Thought their “holistic” approach would have at least gotten me an interview.

This hurts.

I’m an older returning student to academics. I have 17 years of dental laboratory experience. My first attempt at college was back in 2004-2007, not full time courses but class here and there. I was not a good student then.

Any ways. I returned to school basically starting at the beginning, earned my BS in Biology at UCR, 2.75 gpa, all while either working full time at the dental lab or while completing 2 years of undergrad research. I was told I got denied because they factored my gpa with grades were 15-20 years old. Thought their “holistic” approach would have at least gotten me an interview.

This hurts.

i don’t think schools accept people with gpa less then 3

Sub 3 acceptance is not out of the ordinary having spoken and worked with dentist on the daily basis.

yes but that was back then when they were in school. nowadays you get automatically filtered out at most schools

im kinda bh cuz did they actually hate everyone from March 4 lol. I wonder how many were accepted. I thought you were all great people :) so sad for us

I thought we were a good group and I thought the pbl went super well so it’s so weird why only two people were accepted

You guys don’t worry, there’s plenty of space. They’re probably just spacing out their acceptances.

Today the GroupMe has gone up by 2 members. In the past when there was a larger group of acceptances it would go up by 15 ppl at once.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, did anyone interview in march/April get accepted with a dat score of 17/18. Would like to know how realistic it is for me to get off the waitlist

Reactions: 3 users