2018 **Official Case Western Reserve Univ School of Dental Medicine DMD 2022 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gave up my seat, best of luck to anyone still waiting to get an acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If we didn't receive any continued interest email should it be considered a soft rejection?

If we didn't receive any continued interest email should it be considered a soft rejection?
other people received actual rejections so i would suggest contacting admissions and asking them about your status

Members don't see this ad :)
other people received actual rejections so i would suggest contacting admissions and asking them about your status
Any suggestions on how I should go about this? By call, by email or what? I guess I'm just afraid of annoying the people at admissions lol, looking back at the last email I received from Case Western acknowledging that my app was complete back in June gives me the feeling that it might be better to just stay put and be patient for the time being...

"The Admissions Committee screens all applications and will make decisions regarding priority invitations for interview. We appreciate your patience as we evaluate over 2500 applications by the end of the application cycle to fill a limited number of interview spots scheduled between August and April. At this point, it will not be possible for us to give you specific updates regarding your application review or disclose specific decisions made by the Admissions Committee about the status of your file."

Turned down my seat here. I need to stay closer to home.

I’m waiting to hear from a couple other schools too so if you’re still waiting on CWRU, I feel your pain. You’ll hear good news soon

Best of luck guys.

Where exactly in the building is room DO1260 located? I’m just checking so I don’t get lost on the day of my interview :) Also, what types of interview does Case do? Is it one-on-one or panel, etc?

Turned down my seat here. I need to stay closer to home.

I’m waiting to hear from a couple other schools too so if you’re still waiting on CWRU, I feel your pain. You’ll hear good news soon

Best of luck guys.
what type of interview does Case do? Did you get a lot of usual questions like tell me about yourself and why dentistry? Also, how do you get the room DO120? I don’t want to get lost in the building when I show up for the interview :)

what type of interview does Case do? Did you get a lot of usual questions like tell me about yourself and why dentistry? Also, how do you get the room DO120? I don’t want to get lost in the building when I show up for the interview :)
One open one closed interview, very conversational. You can expect the typical queustions

Did you get spontaneous questions too that led off what you talked about? Also, is it really easy to find the interview room? Could you give some directions inside the building how to get there?
One open one closed interview, very conversational. You can expect the typical queustions

Just gave up my seat, best of luck to anyone still waiting to get an acceptance!
How was the interview like? We’re there spontaneous questions that they brought up? Did they look at the resume or application a lot? Is it hard to find the interviewing room

Received an interview invite! I filled out the continued interest survey on December 1.

Last edited:
Also received an invitation this morning! I filled out the continued interest survey in December. I'm OOS, Mississippi too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be declining interview. Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting for a spot.

Just received an interview invite today! I chose late February.

Just received an interview invite today! I chose late February.
Do you mind posting your GPA and DAT ? I am still waiting and hoping for an interview and maybe I can get an idea if I'll get there eventually. Thank you!

If anyone would like to know my stats or ask any questions feel free to message me!

Does anyone know if Case has started sending out interview dates for March and April?

Reactions: 2 users
Interview Invite this morning. All February dates.
Dr.AlxTak: are you still going? even though you have an acceptance from another cheaper school?
All these interviews took a lot of my time and $$$ and since I already made a decision I sent all other schools email that I am not longer interested.

Dr.AlxTak: are you still going? even though you have an acceptance from another cheaper school?
All these interviews took a lot of my time and $$$ and since I already made a decision I sent all other schools email that I am not longer interested.
I'm waiting to hear back from a ton of schools. Case has a nice program and I'll be checking it out. But yea, this is really stretching by budget at this point.

In the months of June and July, on Fridays, the Office of Admissions will be closing early at 3pm ET.

When will the next set of acceptance letters be sent out? When should expect to receive notifications?

Anyone heard anything from Case recently? Seems dead this year compared to years past.

Dr. Chuck, will there be any more interview invitations in the near future?

In my interview, the head of admissions said that their class is very close to being full at the moment. He said that we'll most likely hear back after April 1 when people with multiple acceptances have to decide on a school.

Received an interview invite this afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting

Received an interview invite this morning!

Invite this morning.

Reactions: 1 users
Is Case Western still giving out interviews? I haven't heard anything from the school and it still says Received/ Under Review on AADSAS.

21 DAT/ 3.55 GPA

Is Case Western still giving out interviews? I haven't heard anything from the school and it still says Received/ Under Review on AADSAS.

21 DAT/ 3.55 GPA
They have a bunch of days with still open interview spots I think they might be? Also we got our interviews not all on the same day so they might send out more later :)

They have a bunch of days with still open interview spots I think they might be? Also we got our interviews not all on the same day so they might send out more later :)
what were the dates left?

Anyone who's interviewed so far and has received an acceptance/rejection/waitlist offer, approximately how long was it after your interview day that you were contacted? I recall Dr. Chuck saying it would be a couple of weeks but I just wanted to get some confirmation on that :)

Can anyone explain to me what the difference is of getting a survey on Dec.1 to still be considered for the school (no interview yet) vs. not getting any email at all and have not gotten rejected (no interview yet). I am assuming that if I have not heard anything that they are looking at my current semester grades. Anyone know if they send rejection letters out for the "spring" half only after April or it could be before then too?

I heard the administration may be a bit behind in because of the new clinic opening; just a rumor I have heard from a few people though.

Just withdrew my interview invite from 2 days ago. Good luck to everyone! :)

Did anyone else get this email at any point after they interviewed?

“The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, and it was decided that your application should be placed in our Continued Review status.“

Just wondering if they send this email to all post-December interviews, and then they decide later on to accept/waitlist/reject the application, or if I could have been accepted off the bat if my application was strong enough. Currently my ADEA AADSAS status for this school says “wait list”. If anyone has gone through the same thing let me know!

Last edited:

“The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, and it was decided that your application should be placed in our Continued Review status.“

Just wondering if they send this email to all post-December interviews, and then they decide later on to accept/waitlist/reject the application, or if I could have been accepted off the bat if my application was strong enough. Currently my ADEA AADSAS status for this school says “wait list”. If anyone has gone through the same thing let me know!

Applicants that are still waiting: Case Western is still scheduling interviews so it means that they still have places to fill. Still hope for those who are waiting for acceptance.

The exact same happened to me

Status
Not open for further replies.