2018 **Official Case Western Reserve Univ School of Dental Medicine DMD 2022 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Official Thread for Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine for the entering class of 2018 / DMD Class of 2022. This thread is being monitored by director of admissions, Dr. Emil Chuck, so keep all conversations here as professional in tone.

Information for competitive applicants
  • Website for Dental school admissions
  • Email [email protected] is strongly preferred. We do NOT answer application questions by phone to maintain applicant confidentiality. In your email, include your name and AADSAS ID#. This information is needed to verify your identity and maintain applicant confidentiality.
  • If you have submitted a request for an ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program waiver, we prefer that you refrain from submitting your application until you have heard a decision. While we can issue refunds for applicants who receive the ADEA AADSAS FAP letter, we do not put anyone waiting for a response at a significant disadvantage.
  • Review of AADSAS verified/complete applications will begin with those applications for which all supplemental items have been received (fee, ALL letters of evaluation assigned by the applicant, desired DAT score). File review on incomplete applications or those applications with pending DAT scores will be suspended until all information has been received.
Links we expect all desirable applicants and interviewing candidates to have accessed
  • General information website for applicants (new for 2017-2018)
  • Website to pay supplemental fee. Retain your transaction confirmation number.
  • ADEA Predental Student Virtual Fair Booth with brochures and videos (registration required). Live chat day was Thursday, June 15, 2017. Booth closed July 2017.
  • ADEA GoDental has recorded a number of webinars recorded on YouTube. We recommend reviewing the webinars on the YouTube site. Other webinars may be scheduled by ADEA during the application cycle.
Key approximate dates
  • First invitations for interview for AADSAS 2018: July (middle to end), 2017. We extend invitations for interview on a monthly basis or as convenient.
  • Expected first day of interviews for AADSAS 2017: mid-August, 2017.
  • Expected AADSAS 2016 first offer date: Friday, December 1, 2017. Expected first offer deadline: January 2, 2018 (?).
  • Outstanding competing offers list released: April 1, 2018.
  • Expected last day of interviews for AADSAS 2016: April (mid), 2018.
  • First day of mandatory orientation: Monday, July 30, 2018.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
On the ADEA AADSAS application under the program materials section it states that Case Western Reserve is "on hold" and you cannot submit the application. Anyone have any idea why? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
On the ADEA AADSAS application under the program materials section it states that Case Western Reserve is "on hold" and you cannot submit the application. Anyone have any idea why? Thanks!

I experienced this as well. Glad to hear I am not the only one. I am not sure why either. I emailed ADEA AADSAS later today, but they were closed. So hopefully they will respond tomorrow and the app will be available to submit. Keep me posted if you hear anything too. Thank you!

I experienced this as well. Glad to hear I am not the only one. I am not sure why either. I emailed ADEA AADSAS later today, but they were closed. So hopefully they will respond tomorrow and the app will be available to submit. Keep me posted if you hear anything too. Thank you!
Not sure why, but its back up and ready to submit!

Where can we find the link to pay the supplemental fee?
Should we wait until we are emailed by the admissions committee to pay the fee?

Where can we find the link to pay the supplemental fee?
Should we wait until we are emailed by the admissions committee to pay the fee?
The link is on the home tab of the program materials for case on aadsas application. It says to pay it within a week after submitting application

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! Do you guys mind sharing when you submitted the primary app and paid the secondary fee?
i submitted 6/12 both primary and secondary fee but my committee letter just got submitted this morning.

Been under review for over a week now. Nothing yet. Usually interviews happen mid/end July?

Been under review for over a week now. Nothing yet. Usually interviews happen mid/end July?

My acknowledgement email says interviews will begin in August. Hopefully we will receive interview invites pretty soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got invited to interview!

Residence: MA, OOS
DAT: 23 AA 21 TS 24 PAT
GPA: 3.827, bio major

App complete email received 6/19

Me too!!! sooo excited =DDD

Excited for it. They have interviews soooo early it's awesome!

Interview offer came today! So happy :D

Did anyone who completed their app in July get an interview invite? It seems like it's been only those who submitted in June.

When are the interviews? Anyone have an app complete email for June 30th or later that got an interview?

Did anyone who completed their app in July get an interview invite? It seems like it's been only those who submitted in June.
I knew a guy who e-submitted on July 10 got an interview today.

Hey guys is the "application ready for screening" email different from the "app complete" email you guys are referring to?

Invited for an interview, so excited!

hello fellow pre-dents,
I just wanted everyone to know that CWRU take a while to submit the application confirmation email. I know i was kinda worried because all my other schools got back to me within 24 hours that they had received my application, but CWRU is kinda slower. Anyways for reference my application was verified 7-18 and i received the confirmation email on Friday, 7-21

My first interview of the cycle! Got the notification yesterday and I am so very excited!

My first interview of the cycle! Got the notification yesterday and I am so very excited!

My first interview invitation of the cycle as well. Pretty cool experience so far. Can't wait for interviews!

Anyone interviewing on September 1?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone going on September 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.