2018 **Official Case Western Reserve Univ School of Dental Medicine DMD 2022 Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
First acceptance! Congratulations to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone get an email about an interview interest or rejection yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My email said “continued Review”. Is this the same as the waitlist ?
Thank you!

Anyone get an email about an interview interest or rejection yet?
I am wondering the same. Last year I feel like these interest emails were sent on 12/1 and have heard of nothing today.

I am wondering the same. Last year I feel like these interest emails were sent on 12/1 and have heard of nothing today.
It was Nov 30th and Dec 1st. I feel like they should be sent out today.

I just received the interest email for an interview for the spring semester

Reactions: 1 users
Dd anyone get a confirmation email after filling out the survey?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the survey too!! No confirmation email aside from the screen after submitting

i was wondering what is the difference between the fall and spring semester??

Rejected. Congrats and good luck everyone!

I didn't get an interest email or a rejection email. Anyone else in the same boat? Just curious because I haven't heard anything from this school since applying

I didn't get an interest email or a rejection email. Anyone else in the same boat? Just curious because I haven't heard anything from this school since applying
I haven't heard as well, but I also submitted my app quite late (late October) which might be why.

Got the interview interest google form email!!

For those that were accepted Dec. 1st congratulations and we hope to see you at Case! For those who have not heard yet there will be more interviews and offers. If Case is a top choice keep updating your continued interest.

I am a D1 at CWRU SODM and love this school. We work hard but also have lots of fun as a group.

I had a few other acceptances on Dec 1st but I switched to Case in May (I had a late interview and was accepted in April).

Last edited:
Got the interview interest google form email!!
Just wondering why you are so happy about receiving this interview form? I mean it only asked if you're still interested in them and would like them to continue to review ur file..

For those that were accepted Dec. 1st congratulations and we hope to see you at Case! For those who have not heard yet there will be more interviews and offers. If Case is a top choice keep updating your continued interest.

I am a D1 at CWRU SODM and love this school. We work hard but also have lots of fun as a group.

I had a few other acceptances on Dec 1st but I switched to Case in May (I had a late interview and was accepted in April).
When you say to "keep updating our continued interest", do you mean to update our AADSAS application, or actually emailing them and telling them that we are very interested in Case, in hopes of an interview invite?

For those who are already a student at Case, or those who received an acceptance and plan on attending Case, why? What for you sets case western apart from other programs? What about Case is unique? What stands out, for you, at Case?

I also would like to know how we can keep updating them on our continued interest. It is definitely my top choice.

When you say to "keep updating our continued interest", do you mean to update our AADSAS application, or actually emailing them and telling them that we are very interested in Case, in hopes of an interview invite?
I also have this question, if we are still interested in this school, but have not been invited to an interview (I applied in June and am OOS), what should we do to express interest? I have not received any communication from this school ever since I got confirmation that my app was complete.

Reactions: 2 users

I also would like to know how we can keep updating them on our continued interest. It is definitely my top choice.

I also have this question, if we are still interested in this school, but have not been invited to an interview (I applied in June and am OOS), what should we do to express interest? I have not received any communication from this school ever since I got confirmation that my app was complete.

I applied in June (also OOS). I don't recall the days/months leading up to the interview invite but I do remember that I received maybe two or three emails asking if I am still interested/continued review. Also, in mid-Dec I submitted my academic update on AADSAS with my fall grades which increased my sci and bcp GPA. Then my invite came in February for a March interview. After my interview I submitted an extra LOR and an email reiterating my interest.

If you were not rejected and have not received a "continued interest" email, you should submit your academic update and then wait to hear from them.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who are already a student at Case, or those who received an acceptance and plan on attending Case, why? What for you sets case western apart from other programs? What about Case is unique? What stands out, for you, at Case?
I didn't know much about Case until I was invited for an interview. After my March interview I realized it was the best fit for me. The faculty and students were very down to earth and everyone seemed to be very happy. I enjoyed the overall environment and the personal interviews (they didn't have those "mass interview" type days where they go through 60 applicants in a day). The class size is relatively small, and I liked the walkable campus/surrounding area/housing options/libraries, etc. As a bonus, in 2019 we will have a new $500M dental/medical/nursing school next to the Cleveland Clinic and a new, separate building for the dental clinic (very convenient for patients). From orientation day until now I have been enjoying the program and made a lot of new friends. Feel free to PM me if you are trying to choose between schools.

Reactions: 2 users
just declined my interview... hope someone else gets it and best of luck!

Tough decision... but declined my offer to Case Western! Good luck everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up choosing to go?
UIC my in-state school! It was a really hard decision because Case Western was amazing!

UIC my in-state school! It was a really hard decision because Case Western was amazing!

I can totally relate. I am in a similar predicament, I was accepted to Case and my in state school as well. Still trying to decide.... But Congratulations!!!

I can totally relate. I am in a similar predicament, I was accepted to Case and my in state school as well. Still trying to decide.... But Congratulations!!!
Thank you! And good luck deciding!! :)

I had a few other acceptances on Dec 1st but I switched to Case in May (I had a late interview and was

See you tomorrow in the sealant duty ;)

I didn't know much about Case until I was invited for an interview. After my March interview I realized it was the best fit for me. The faculty and students were very down to earth and everyone seemed to be very happy. I enjoyed the overall environment and the personal interviews (they didn't have those "mass interview" type days where they go through 60 applicants in a day). The class size is relatively small, and I liked the walkable campus/surrounding area/housing options/libraries, etc. As a bonus, in 2019 we will have a new $500M dental/medical/nursing school next to the Cleveland Clinic and a new, separate building for the dental clinic (very convenient for patients). From orientation day until now I have been enjoying the program and made a lot of new friends. Feel free to PM me if you are trying to choose between schools.

see you tomorrow in the sealant duty ;)

I applied in June (also OOS). I don't recall the days/months leading up to the interview invite but I do remember that I received maybe two or three emails asking if I am still interested/continued review. Also, in mid-Dec I submitted my academic update on AADSAS with my fall grades which increased my sci and bcp GPA. Then my invite came in February for a March interview. After my interview I submitted an extra LOR and an email reiterating my interest.

If you were not rejected and have not received a "continued interest" email, you should submit your academic update and then wait to hear from them.
Ohh you can submit extra LORs? I was thinking you can't submit more than 4

Invited to interview!! :D my first post December interview after many painful rejections lol

Reactions: 3 users
Invited to interview!! :D my first post December interview after many painful rejections lol
Congrats! where are u from if you don't mind? Also did u receive the continued interest email?

Last edited:
Congrats! where are u from if you don't mind? Also did u receive the continued interest email?

Thanks! :) I'm from Florida. I received the continued interest email on Dec 2 and interview invitation on Dec 11

Status
Not open for further replies.