Case Western (CWRU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

And by the way, what should you expect in the director interview and the faculty interview?

I also heard that there is a short essay question prior to the interview. Does anyone have an idea what the essay might be about? Thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply! As for CASPer, I wonder if BeMo is a reliable source for more practice or not apart from the sample test on our CASPer accounts?

As for Q&A, luckily I just received a reply from the director. He said Q&A is a group meeting. Everyone is muted except the faculty and staff. It is a session to get info and questions answered only, and you'll not be evaluated.

One more thing: I have received an interview invitation from the director, but I haven't received any invitation from the faculty. Have you received both invitations yet?

Good luck on the interviews ahead, brother!
Just finished the Q&A yesterday (2/26) and it was super low-key. Very helpful and informative! Definitely nothing to stress about.

I did receive both my director interview and faculty interview and have completed both of those. They did mention that it could take even up to a month though to receive your faculty interview. I think I may have just been lucky. My faculty member wanted me to reach out to them first so it was kind of on my timeline rather than waiting for them.

And by the way, what should you expect in the director interview and the faculty interview?

I also heard that there is a short essay question prior to the interview. Does anyone have an idea what the essay might be about? Thx!
The director interview was super short, probably only 15 minutes or so. He asked me why I was interested in Case and then that was pretty much it.

The faculty interview was much more like your "typical" interview. I met with the faculty, he asked me some questions about myself and what I like to do, my academic history, etc. Then we talked about what Case has to offer for the dental school. Then we talked about the grades, test scores, etc.

Both interviews were really low-stress and very enjoyable. I LOVED my faculty interview and it honestly made me put Case as my top pick.

I don't know about a short essay question... Hopefully I didn't miss it!! Could you possibly mean the portfolio? I know that was something I had to do.

Good luck on your interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The director interview was super short, probably only 15 minutes or so. He asked me why I was interested in Case and then that was pretty much it.

The faculty interview was much more like your "typical" interview. I met with the faculty, he asked me some questions about myself and what I like to do, my academic history, etc. Then we talked about what Case has to offer for the dental school. Then we talked about the grades, test scores, etc.

Both interviews were really low-stress and very enjoyable. I LOVED my faculty interview and it honestly made me put Case as my top pick.

I don't know about a short essay question... Hopefully I didn't miss it!! Could you possibly mean the portfolio? I know that was something I had to do.

Good luck on your interviews!
Thanks for the wishes!

No, not the portfolio. I'm already done with that.

And how did the CASPer test go for you? How did you prepare for that?

I'll be having my director interview on Wednesday and the faculty interview next Monday. Let's see what we can do...

Thanks for the wishes!

No, not the portfolio. I'm already done with that.

And how did the CASPer test go for you? How did you prepare for that?

I'll be having my director interview on Wednesday and the faculty interview next Monday. Let's see what we can do...
I think the CASPer test went well. We're not allowed to see our scores so who really knows 🤷 But you can look up practice questions and answers on google to get a feel for what the questions are like. I would argue that the main points to be thinking of are: get all the information you can before making a decision, check both sides of the argument, etc.

Good luck this week!

I just got done with faculty interview. It was very chill. Don't sweat over it, you will do fine!

Does anyone know when they will be sending out the next batch of acceptances?
I had my faculty interview on Feb. 22 and I'm just waiting now.

Does anyone know when they will be sending out the next batch of acceptances?
I had my faculty interview on Feb. 22 and I'm just waiting now.
I had my faculty interview Feb 12 and still haven't heard anything. I even emailed the secretary and asked if she had a general timeframe and she said they had no idea because "everything is online now". I know they were still interviewing this last week so who knows 🤷

I just got done with faculty interview. It was very chill. Don't sweat over it, you will do fine!
I just finished my faculty interview. It was chill, but a bit too chill...? It only took 10 minutes, and there were only 2 questions. Didn't ask my grades or research or any ethical questions... I'm stumped. It might be a signal that I've been red flagged... But fingers crossed🤞

I just finished my faculty interview. It was chill, but a bit too chill...? It only took 10 minutes, and there were only 2 questions. Didn't ask my grades or research or any ethical questions... I'm stumped. It might be a signal that I've been red flagged... But fingers crossed🤞
When I interviewed last cycle via zoom (~15 minutes), Case by far was the most relaxed interview I had; other people have also said that they had more of a conversation about various topics rather than the typical interview questions. I wouldn’t read too much into it or you’ll drive yourself crazy with theories (I know I did), just take a breather and play the waiting game :) Remember - Case only has so many applicants to choose from, they wouldn’t have sent an invitation if they didn’t think you would have been a good fit for the class composition.

Has anyone been lingering on review or is there anyone with similar stats who got an interview recently? I'm starting to feel ghosted. I have a 4.0, 21AA 24PA, 1000s of volunteer hours and a hundred + shadowing, and I've been involved in research. I'm super involved in my community and extracurricular activities (even predental club Vice President for my school). I have a really strong essay, and I honestly don't know what more I could put on an application. I applied in early August and they didn't open my application until late December.

I'm really starting to get concerned and I heard a rumor from a dentist with ties to the school that because most schools have moved classes to online, that adcoms are no longer that interested in our grades, but are rather relying on our DAT scores for the majority weight of our application. This has me freaked cause I put in so much hard work to maintain my grades and prove my worth as a student and my school never even switch to online and the majority of my grades were from before then anyhow. Does anyone know anything at all? I'm feeling hopeless.

Has anyone been lingering on review or is there anyone with similar stats who got an interview recently? I'm starting to feel ghosted. I have a 4.0, 21AA 24PA, 1000s of volunteer hours and a hundred + shadowing, and I've been involved in research. I'm super involved in my community and extracurricular activities (even predental club Vice President for my school). I have a really strong essay, and I honestly don't know what more I could put on an application. I applied in early August and they didn't open my application until late December.

I'm really starting to get concerned and I heard a rumor from a dentist with ties to the school that because most schools have moved classes to online, that adcoms are no longer that interested in our grades, but are rather relying on our DAT scores for the majority weight of our application. This has me freaked cause I put in so much hard work to maintain my grades and prove my worth as a student and my school never even switch to online and the majority of my grades were from before then anyhow. Does anyone know anything at all? I'm feeling hopeless.
I wouldn't worry about this too much as it is probably a rumor. In fact, I have heard the opposite and that this cycle they are taking an even more holistic approach when reviewing applicants considering the circumstances. Just keep your head up and stay confident you have great stats! :)

Anyone know if they’re still interviewing? I emailed but haven’t received any reply. Last I heard from them was the Continued Interest doc back in December

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed last cycle via zoom (~15 minutes), Case by far was the most relaxed interview I had; other people have also said that they had more of a conversation about various topics rather than the typical interview questions. I wouldn’t read too much into it or you’ll drive yourself crazy with theories (I know I did), just take a breather and play the waiting game :) Remember - Case only has so many applicants to choose from, they wouldn’t have sent an invitation if they didn’t think you would have been a good fit for the class composition.
yeah same here, I was thinking the same thing bro. I had the same experience.

Does anyone know when the 2nd deposit is due? I think that's when the school will send more acceptances

Does anyone know when they're going to be sending out acceptances? I know they just had another Q&A session on friday, march 15th.

Is anyone still interviewing? That might give us an idea for when they send out acceptances

Just received an acceptance email!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted via email

Reactions: 3 users
I got accepted today!

However, I still haven't taken the CASPer yet. I'm scheduled to take it on Mar. 23. Do I still have to take it? Thanks!

Could anyone share some tips on how to prepare for the CASPer test? Thx!

Does anybody know when the Certiphi sends a separate email regarding criminal background check?

I still haven't got one yet :(

Okay, I'm thinking about taking some online university courses over the summer to prepare for first year DMD. Which university's online courses do you guys recommend, and which courses do you guys recommended me to take? (I am planning taking anatomy and physiology. Anything else do you recommend? Thx!)

Okay, I'm thinking about taking some online university courses over the summer to prepare for first year DMD. Which university's online courses do you guys recommend, and which courses do you guys recommended me to take? (I am planning taking anatomy and physiology. Anything else do you recommend? Thx!)
just make sure you have your pre-reqs done for the schools you are applying to. Some schools mandate you have microbio,anatomy, and physio done. if you have met them all, just use your time to work and maybe earn some shadowing experience? maybe take a vacation?

I would echo what has already been said and make sure you have taken the required prereq classes. Other than that, I don't know that I would really suggest more classes just because. They are already going to be teaching you the basics again in dental school just much faster and more in depth and I don't know that taking extra classes would help you a lot. That seems like money that you are going to be spending just to turn around and spend it again in dental school. Doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment

Go to a library and check out an anatomy and physiology textbook if you don’t have one from undergrad lying around. Causally look it, maybe paying a little bit more attention to the respiratory and circulatory system chapters (Heart and Lung will be one of your first challenging science classes later on in the semester). Spend the rest of your summer with family and friends, and see if you can save up money.

Declined my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Anyone know if they’re still interviewing? Haven’t heard from them since Dec
Same, and my ADEA status still says my application is under review. It seems like they just ghosted me

• Sad
Has anyone received any rejections for those who still have their application under review?

Has anyone received any rejections for those who still have their application under review?
Also no here. I haven't heard from them since my interview in Feb (13th) and then the one email on March 22 where they said I was put on the continued review status

Actually, I just looked at my ADEA website page and it changed from "invited for interview" to "waitlisted" though I haven't heard anything from Case yet. And I had checked it yesterday so it must have just changed today