{Official} August 16th Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkryptonight

dental schooler.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Are any other repeat takers less anxious this time? Last time I was freaking out and checking for my score every five minutes three days in advance hoping it would be there. This time I'm calm and kind of hoping scores get delayed so I don't have to see them...

I highly doubt there's going to be a midnight madness MCAT score release... but I'll be up just in case there is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am with you utahjazz!!!! I don't even wanna know....I remember the last score release ended with me sitting in a bathtub for three hours drinking jack daniels straight from the bottle.....I have too much homework to have another night like that!

I am with you utahjazz!!!! I don't even wanna know....I remember the last score release ended with me sitting in a bathtub for three hours drinking jack daniels straight from the bottle.....I have too much homework to have another night like that!

lol, Well I hope that you only drink in celebration tomorrow night... after your homework of course. :D

lol, Well I hope that you only drink in celebration tomorrow night... after your homework of course. :D

Lol... one of my friends are having their 21st birthday party tonight. If my scores come out at midnight and they're straight, I might break my "no drinks on a weekday" rule...

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol... one of my friends are having their 21st birthday party tonight. If my scores come out at midnight and they're straight, I might break my "no drinks on a weekday" rule...

I think that would definitely qualify for an exception, especially if you are a senior. But I think the chances of a midnight release are very slim. Either way, have fun!

i havent been on in a long while. thought id get back on and let y'all know that i actually stopped thinking about the mcat about 2+ weeks after i took the aug 16th ...2+ of nightmares i tell u. :(

anywayz... skools kept me busy from thinking about score release... but i got to tell ya ... my stomach is in f*** knots... the butterflies in my stomach are throwing up.

so quick question... do they ever release scores at midnight instead of 5 pm... more like do they ever release scores earlier than stated??? id rather cry tonight and get it over with.

I come to this thread and see invisible sphere and butterfly. Oh the horror, the horror :scared: Please god, no more invisible spheres, no more butterflies, no more flea/syringe thingymajigs... make it stop. Make it stop.

:laugh:

I come to this thread and see invisible sphere and butterfly. Oh the horror, the horror :scared: Please god, no more invisible spheres, no more butterflies, no more flea/syringe thingymajigs... make it stop. Make it stop.

:laugh:

Ugh, I had forgotten about that horrible, horrible butterfly passage. Thanks for reminding me, lol.

this is probably one of the stupider questions that has been asked, but can someone post up the link for the site where our scores will be posted? i seem to be having computer dyslexia from all the nerves.

thanks in advance and good luck everyone

go to the aamc website, find MCAT, and then MCAT scores. You won't get them till 5:00pm though. Bastards.

Regardless of the results later today or whenever the hell they come out, I just want to say it has been an absolute pleasure fretting and obsessing with you guys over the past month or so on what had to be one of the hardest administrations of the MCAT in the history of the exam:D...God speed young grasshoppers...I feel like that scene in Deep Impact where the couple is on the beach ready to embrace their death by the meteor induced mega-tsunami hand in hand...WE'RE that couple!!! (nullus):laugh::laugh::laugh:

I agree wholeheartedly knight

they hold all the cards so they just consistantly dick us over. i have no high hopes, but i am simply curious. i guess ill just take them next year again.

Wish I could be :sleep:... no such luck... only 12:25am in Cali... less than 14 hours until 5pm EST ...ugh

Oh my gosh, scores posted early
i got......

Just Kidding!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Oh Im the worst

kay... so my latest question... if the scores are going to be delayed, do they post that after 5 pm... or would it have been posted already?

kay... so my latest question... if the scores are going to be delayed, do they post that after 5 pm... or would it have been posted already?

Ummm... I think that Aug. 14 test takers found out at 5pm of they day that they're scores supposed to be released that it would be delayed.

Ok, so I had a VERY vivid dream that I got a 17........since that isn't TOO far from my last score, I am gonna go NUTS until 5:00 pm......The test is PURE evil!!!!!!!!!!

It will be ok!!!!!!!! I thought the EXACT same thing the first time I took it...it didn't turn out so well for me, I got depressed for a minute, and jumped right back on the horse. Worst case scenario, you do bad...you can ALWAYS re-take. They can't keep you out of medical school......they can just delay you for a while!!!!! (I read that on a post recently and thought it was a great saying) WE are all just really impatient and want in RIGHT NOW.....there is time, though, and face it...being a doctor is worth waiting for.

im in a class at 5 today and im debating if i should bring my labtop with me so i can check my score in class lol. what does everyone elses think i shoud do, bring the laptop and check in class or wait and check it at home?

Wait... don't do that to yourself! If its bad, you won't be able to focus... if its good , you still wont be able to focus!
just remember, there's nothing we can do about those scores now.
I bet 20 bucks there's a delay for the score release!

im in a class at 5 today and im debating if i should bring my labtop with me so i can check my score in class lol. what does everyone elses think i shoud do, bring the laptop and check in class or wait and check it at home?

Wait. I checked/got my scores on my cell in physics and ended up having to leave because I was upset. If/when I retake, I won't be checking scores until the day is over!

For what its worth, I just called AAMC and the operator said the 8/16 results were still on track for a release "sometime after 5pm EST." There is still plenty of time for them to delay it though...

lmao... i believe stating "sometime after 5 pm" is leaving the door WIDE open for a delay... but nevertheless... appreciate the update. love that you called. haha:D

Well, I figured the only way they are ever going to get the message that these delays are unacceptable is if a whole lot of people start calling and annoying the every-loving %#&@ out of them. Just doing my part to start the revolution. Must be the Boston in me.:D

Guys, AAMC is just organization trying to do the best it can and the MCAT people wouldn't wait until 5pm to tell us our scores were delayed when they've probably known about it for a week. Stop bashing on AAMC!

NOT!!!! :laugh:

Gah! My roommate (who is pre-vet) didn't understand waiting until the end of the day to look at scores. As much as I'd love going to my meeting in shambles, I'd rather not...

I feel like I have acute Crohn's Disease/Heavy-Duty IBS today from the mindgut reaction...I just got a B+ back on a hard as s*** Biochem exam that 80% of my class failed and I can't even enjoy it:scared::scared:....Friday's my 21st B-day and I want this test to make it extra special (at least the first half of the day-thanks Judaism:D)

I haven't been able to focus in any of my classes today. The scores NEED to come out today or may fail out of college, lol.