August 14th MCAT Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorjackal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if taking the MCAT on August 14th for this cycle would be considered late? I am looking to apply to mostly DO schools. What would be the latest date to take the MCAT and not be considered late for this cycle? Also, what are my chances of getting accepted to MD or DO schools if I were to retake the MCAT on the August 14th?

Here are my stats:
Undergrad= cGPA: 3.75 & sGPA 3.72
Master GPA= sGPA: 3.50
Old MCAT score: 503

My anticipated MCAT score is about 515.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, it won’t be late. Don’t worry about your school choices until after you see the actual score. Then, email all the schools you are considering applying to and ask about their policies on retakes. It’s better to actually ask than trusting outdated online resources.

You'll be on the later side for MD, but as long as you finish your secondaries promptly, you won't have any issue. You'll be early for DO.

Why are you applying mostly to DO schools? If your answer is that you're more interested in DO schools, then do you, but your stats with a 515 MCAT will make you pretty competitive for MD. If you apply broadly enough, you should be more than able to get into an MD school.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors