{Official} August 16th Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkryptonight

dental schooler.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

SoFlaKnight, are you and the others you're calling by first name from the University of Miami? Just curious because I'm from Miami as well :).

:DNo man, I wish I went there when I had the chance-way too expensive...I'm up in UCF, but I was born in raised in 5-6-Ace and have just as much love for the 305 & 954...I, along with several other fellow Knights in this thread, sure wouldn't mind being 'Canes for the next few years at least...still I never thought I'd see the day when our football team could be comparable to one of the Sunshine State's Big Three:thumbup:...How do you like it down in Coral Gables/overall UM environment?

33 O

PS - 11
VR - 10
BS - 12
WS - O

Thanks God I did it. NO MCAT FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!

For my last practice test I was usually getting 12-14 on Bio and 11-13 on PS
(dut to the lack of time I was not taking Verbal). So it is somewhat close to the practice test.
However, I thought Biology would be my worst section cause it was so hard on the test.

I think that the real test was MUCH harder than practice ones. I had virtually no time to check my answers. I am sure that the percentage of correct answers is much lower on the real test than on the practice tests.
But CURVE brings everything back so that your score becomes much higher than it would be if it was based on the true percentage.

I don't know why they do that. They could just give your easier test and do not curve. I believe the scores would be pretty similar.

What's your opinion guys?
I think they do that just to stress you out and see how well you can work under such conditions. After all, being a physician means to work almost always unders stress (as well as studying in med school).

haha, 33O here as well, but 10 PS, 11 VR, and 12 BS SO freaking happy right now...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized I posted my score in the wrong thread. I spent the last few days flipping between the 16th and 20th threads so it was just a matter of time before I f'ed up.

ANYWAYS:

PS:10
VR:11
BS:11
WS:Q

32Q, baby!!! This is one point higher than my highest practice score so I'm happy. So glad only have to take this ghastly test once!

I got the exact numerical score you did but Q on the writing... I think it's a good score because it is balanced, I really don't want to rewrite either but I might have to because I'm in Ontario and we need 10-10-10 here... :( I've heard that the US schools don't care about WS, so you should be fine.
thanks for the feedback! good luck to you:)

Well, I guess I'll chime in too. I got my ass handed to me in verbal.

PS: 12
BS: 12
Writing: O
Verbal: Raped...

SoFlaKnight, I actually go to Cornell, I just meant I was *from* Miami. I miss it a lot more now that I'm up North in the cold... I'm from the Grove but I really like the Gables as well :). Congrats to you guys for the football!

After days of literally tears and disappointment I am back here to report my scores. :(

P: 9
V: 8
B: 10
W: R

The unfortunate thing is that physics was my best section in the practice...I had 13 once but almost always I used to get 11. Bio I was hanging at 10 and a 11 couple of times. Verbal I was horrible at but I was stuck at 9 for a while till the last practice was 7. :(

I thought that verbal was bad on the real deal and I thought bio I would ace. I was expecting 13 or so in BIO and atleast a 11 in physics.

But, looks like nothing worked. If anything it was writing that was surprising. One of the prompts I was still shaking my head as I knew I screwed up. But, I guess it went ok.

But now...my life is on rewind I guess for another summer to come. I have to live with this shame for 9 more months. :(

I am from canada...so I am automatically cut out of the 4/6 Ontario schools as my mcat sucks. :( My GPA isn't great either (3.44) so I was hoping on the MCAT to give me a buffer. Looks like it wasn't to be.

However, just in a bit of hope, i wanted to ask u guys if there are any schools in US that accept ppl at this score?

thanks,

vraev

I just realized I posted my score in the wrong thread. I spent the last few days flipping between the 16th and 20th threads so it was just a matter of time before I f'ed up.

ANYWAYS:

PS:10
VR:11
BS:11
WS:Q

32Q, baby!!! This is one point higher than my highest practice score so I'm happy. So glad only have to take this ghastly test once!

nice
i never thought i'd say this
but i got one of the worst 32's possible
i really wish i could trade for yours (would do it in a heartbeat)

32q
13 ps
8 vr
11 bs

contemplating a retake...thoughts?

nice
i never thought i'd say this
but i got one of the worst 32's possible
i really wish i could trade for yours (would do it in a heartbeat)

32q
13 ps
8 vr
11 bs

contemplating a retake...thoughts?

I wish you and I could have worked on the MCAT together...If you could take my PS and BS and then let me take the VR and Writing we could of gotten a 36R:D...As for your question...how do I put this...are you for serious...YOU GOT A 32!!!!:rolleyes:

haha yeah

naw i just had a rough week so even my mcat score didn't really strike me until like yesterday.

i'll be keeping it....just praying it doesn't weed out schools i actually want to go to.