{Official} August 16th Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkryptonight

dental schooler.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone in my boat? I've been up for about an hour and a half just looking at this site and freaking out about my MCAT. And there's still a WEEK to go!! I was doing really well on the practice tests, and now all I can think about are three passages (3!!!!!) I COMPLETELY blew in the PS section! Not to mention the overly zealous BS section! Ugh

DAMMIT, MAKE A BELL-SHAPED CURVE AND LET'S GET ON WITH IT! No one cares about the writing section!

Maybe I should just start getting ready for January now...

On Monday, I had my buddies over for our weekly poker night. At 4:30am yesterday (Tues), I woke up sweating after having a f*@^ed dream where I scored a 21 on the MCAT! Then this morning I woke up at 4:55am after having the exact same dream!

I'm gonna have to take a pass on next Monday night or else I won't sleep until the 19th!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I guess... I try not to think about how much my car depreciates each year. That right there is some serious $$$ too.

Yeah I guess... I try not to think about how much my car depreciates each year. That right there is some serious $$$ too.

Your car, compared to the MCAT, is not as much a reflection of you and your own abilities than it is for Ford, GM or [insert car manufacturer]...Yeah, you might of made the decision to purchase the car w/ sh*tty resale value, but you still didn't make it...I guess the "no one to blame but ourselves" factor makes it easier to obsess over:scared:...

I've got a Honda Accord. :rolleyes: Nothing to get excited about... :laugh:

:lol: Anyway, I guess it's good that you aren't taking the MCAT too seriously and can stay calm about it... especially since it looks like our score will probably get delayed. I'm just going to pretend like our scores come out next Friday.

Our scores will definately be delayed given what happend to the Aug 14th people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, it's ALREADY taking more than 30 days for us, so it had better not be even later. Also, I wonder why this post is so much smaller than the August 14 one...

I sure hope that our scores get posted on time... i saw the delay on the Aug 14 guys was like 3 days.I hope that the MCAT administrators rsposible for that can get their act together and post the results on time....

I feel like such a loser. All of the other test dates have so many more posts than us. Are we all just less nervous? Come on people, get to worrying. We cant all get 42s!.

When I see your name, I want to commit Seppuku and/or gouge out by eyes;)...
haha it was created out of anger and humiliation. what is everyones predicted score? im curious because i feel like mine could be really low or high. im just not sure.. also, is their a consensus that our scores will also be delayed?

haha it was created out of anger and humiliation. what is everyones predicted score? im curious because i feel like mine could be really low or high. im just not sure.. also, is their a consensus that our scores will also be delayed?

Haha, nice:laugh:...but seriously, based on guesswork it could be anything from a 25-35...which chugs considering my practice scores were consistently ranging from lower to mid 30's with a couple 36's and 37's smattered in every now and then...My complete disgust with this specific test date is that spots in med school (read: patient's lives) are seemingly dependent on process of elimination and a rather brutal form of Russian roulette for this exam-esp. PS/BS:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:...But like Ian said-Let's try and catch up to those other threads in the next few days...Let the obsessing commence!!!

My vote is that our scores will NOT be postponed...it doesn't look too favorable for the guys from Aug. 20 though. If AMCAS delays us, they'd better have some decency (yeah right!) and let us know in advance about any delays.

Only 67 hours, 19 minutes, and 14 seconds! No stressin' right?!?

Haha, nice:laugh:...but seriously, based on guesswork it could be anything from a 25-35...which chugs considering my practice scores were consistently ranging from lower to mid 30's with a couple 36's and 37's smattered in every now and then...My complete disgust with this specific test date is that spots in med school (read: patient's lives) are seemingly dependent on process of elimination and a rather brutal form of Russian roulette for this exam-esp. PS/BS:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:...But like Ian said-Let's try and catch up to those other threads in the next few days...Let the obsessing commence!!!
my practice tests range is exactly like yours. i have no idea with the real thing though, like you i feel it could be anywhere from about a 27-35. i have 3 exams this week, including one in about an hour, but all i can think about is my score. i have never been so careless with my classes.

Wow, our thread does suck. There was a ton of activity on the August 14th exam thread 2 days before scheduled the release date. Where is everyone?

Listen, I'm just trying not to think about it. I'm trying to stay off of sdn for the next couple of days, or check it rarely. Last thing I need is more people thinking the PS went great when I totally blew it!

I'm not sure what time scores are coming out on Wed... but if mine are good, I'll post. If they suck, you may never hear from me again. LOL

ok ill be brave and post my precitions now, and ill post my actual scores wednesday, good or bad. During the test i really didnt have time to comprehend how bad or good i was doing. it seems like a blur now, and i think maybe thats why im so affraid of the outcome!

Physical: 9-12

Verbal: 8-10

Bio: 9-12

ok ill be brave and post my precitions now, and ill post my actual scores wednesday, good or bad. During the test i really didnt have time to comprehend how bad or good i was doing. it seems like a blur now, and i think maybe thats why im so affraid of the outcome!

Physical: 9-12

Verbal: 8-10

Bio: 9-12

I felt that way during my 1st MCAT. Hopefully you did as well as you think. If I had to guess now, I'd say I got 9-10 for PS, 10-12 for VR, and 10-11 for BS. I'm probably being overconfident... and I'm usually wrong whenever I think I did well on a test.

[Rant]

Is anyone else peeved that they can't release our score before the 19th? Like, what the hell are they doing? Why can they get certain tests date scores out within 30 days, and not ours? I swear to god they must sit around and play office foosball tournaments all week. I mean I can understand them not wanting to release scores this past Sunday (which would be the 30th day, right?) but what are they doing today? How about tomorrow? Why not release our scores then?

I think I speak for all of mankind when I say:
WTFBBQ AAMC--get your feet off the desk, put down the bag of Cheeto's, pull up your pants, tell the secretary we can see her hiding underneath the lampshade, and that her skirt is draped over the copy machine, and release our scores already. We don't have time for these kind of shenanigans. We want to get into med school asap, so we can finally have promiscuous sex, with our feet on the desk, while eating bags of Cheeto's.
-signed,
humanity

[/Rant]

[Rant]

Is anyone else peeved that they can't release our score before the 19th? Like, what the hell are they doing? Why can they get certain tests date scores out within 30 days, and not ours? I swear to god they must sit around and play office foosball tournaments all week. I mean I can understand them not wanting to release scores this past Sunday (which would be the 30th day, right?) but what are they doing today? How about tomorrow? Why not release our scores then?

I think I speak for all of mankind when I say:
WTFBBQ AAMC--get your feet off the desk, put down the bag of Cheeto's, pull up your pants, tell the secretary we can see her hiding underneath the lampshade, and that her skirt is draped over the copy machine, and release our scores already. We don't have time for these kind of shenanigans. We want to get into med school asap, so we can finally have promiscuous sex, with our feet on the desk, while eating bags of Cheeto's.
-signed,
humanity

[/Rant]

lol, great visuals

well I definitely can't say for sure that I scored above a 30. I'm praying for a 30 to be honest. Predictions are fun so here are mine:

PS: 9-11; I might have taken a fatal hit from g-chem
VR: 8-12; felt good about it but verbal's always a crapshoot for me :(
BS: 9-11; had 3 O-chem passages that totally psyched me out. Fantabulous!

overal: 26-34; Aint that a huge range? In short, I'm telling y'all that I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE how I did.

Time will tell. ugh.

In short, I'm telling y'all that I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE how I did.

Time will tell. ugh.

I'm in the same boat. Depending on how PS goes for me, I could have scored my max cause I thought verbal and bio went well (knock on wood), but...I think I bombed PS which could affect my score big time. I'd predict my score, but I'm too big of a chicken and am afraid I'll jinx myself. I'll post what my real score is, regardless if its bad or not, so people can either point and laugh at me or use it to judge one's perception (bad on PS, good on V and Bio) compared to reality. :thumbup:

Two days and counting!!
It doesnt look like they have announced any further delays yet!!

I think im in the same boat as everyone else. I really cant gauge what i got. I feel good about parts, and really crappy about other parts.

Lets hope this curve can help us all!

As much as i would like to predict my score i cant i have mixed feeling about the whole test.. If i get 25-32 i will be glad.Though thats a big range i will take the score... Its less than 2 days to go before we get our scores..I will be sure to post regardless of the score.

Two days and counting!!
It doesnt look like they have announced any further delays yet!!

I think im in the same boat as everyone else. I really cant gauge what i got. I feel good about parts, and really crappy about other parts.

Lets hope this curve can help us all!

How can the curve help us all? The same percentages of people get the same scores every time. It doesnt make any sense.

I will post my scores as well for future browsers.

As far as my current info goes,

Practice test ranges (half AAMC, half Kaplan - 12 exams): 35-40.
Expected: No clue! Probably worse than practices...

Practice range: 26-35
Expected score: 26-32

Never have I had so little of an idea of how I could do on a test. gotta love the MCAT!

Hey... have any one you been receiving emails from schools suspiciously 1 day before we are to get our scores back? I just got an email from Tufts saying that all my documentation is in... yet my MCAT should be released TOMORROW! Did Tufts get my MCAT score before I did?!?!!?!?!?

Is anyone else constantly feeling like throwing up at the thought of actually getting our long awaited results tomorrow?

Yeah, the closer I get to the release, the lower my score expectations get. I figure by about 430 tomorrow, I will be down to expecting to see 4PS, 5VR , 4BS(verbal always was my strong suit, lol). Best of luck to everyone else who took this bear on the 16th, I know I'm stressin bad...

Hey... have any one you been receiving emails from schools suspiciously 1 day before we are to get our scores back? I just got an email from Tufts saying that all my documentation is in... yet my MCAT should be released TOMORROW! Did Tufts get my MCAT score before I did?!?!!?!?!?

That's the most worrisome thought ever, considering I got no e-mails:scared::scared::eek::eek:

Is anyone else constantly feeling like throwing up at the thought of actually getting our long awaited results tomorrow?

Perhaps more like I'm feeling dulled to the extreme possibilities. . . not wanting to get too excited about possibly getting a score on the high end of my practice tests, and not wanting to get too depressed about the possibility of a low score. Literally feels like I'm grasping for at least that average score!

Yes, it's quite a singular and excrutiating experience!

Umm... my stomach drops like every couple of minutes, and its making me sick.

I've been pretty chill for the last month but I'm starting to freak out... that test was hard... really hard.

I need a chill pill...

(goes off to pop a couple of Valium)