NYU acceptance - class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Fido!, Jojo-z, Stelon n snowpeaks,

Thank you all for your wishes. I wish you all the same. It feels so good to get these wishes :)
Looking forward to see you all.....

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Gumpads... ;) :luck: :clap: :clap: :clap:

gumpads said:

Thank you all for your wishes. I wish you all the same. It feels so good to get these wishes :)

Hi Gumpads
Can u plz tell me when were u interviewed

Members don't see this ad :)
gumpads said:
:) :) :) :) :) I got accepted in NYU. Finally, i know where i would be going to ;) Unless, i get lucky with UOP n UMN(which i think is never!!). So guys i'm your new classmate. NYU has always been my first choice and i'm so happy to share this with all the friends i made on SDN n to all SDNers who have been so helpful. With out you guys it would have taken me longer to get into a school here. I wish ALL THE VERY BEST to every one who are waiting to hear from NYU. Congrats!!!! to all my classmates n would be classmates :) :)
See you all in August :)

ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU BUD :thumbup:

gumpads said:

Hey Gumpad,Fido,Jojo,Stelon,Snowpeaks,Nmas,& allthe others who got accepted in NYU.................
Kudos & Congratulations.

Hopefully you guys have many more classmates including myself who still is waiting for an interview call. ;)

Good Luck once again!!!! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi anjalia, i hope that i would be the classmate , but still waiting for my interview call. all the best to you.
Anjalia said:
Hey Gumpad,Fido,Jojo,Stelon,Snowpeaks,Nmas,& allthe others who got accepted in NYU.................
Kudos & Congratulations.

Hopefully you guys have many more classmates including myself who still is waiting for an interview call. ;)

stelon said:
Hi anjalia, i hope that i would be the classmate , but still waiting for my interview call. all the best to you.

same here..... :oops:

thanks anjalia ! :thumbup: hope we become classmates!good luck to u!
Anjalia said:
Kudos & Congratulations.

g3k said:
same here..... :oops:

Keeping fingers crossed.But now it has started to hurt. :rolleyes:

Anyways Good Luck to everyone in waiting. :thumbup:

& looking forward to meet u FIDO & ALL THE OTHERS ACCEPTED IN NYU.

Anjalia said:
Keeping fingers crossed.But now it has started to hurt. :rolleyes:

Anyways Good Luck to everyone in waiting. :thumbup:

& looking forward to meet u FIDO & ALL THE OTHERS ACCEPTED IN NYU.
Hey don't loose ur hopes so early,we r all in the same boat.

Congrats to all of you successful doctors!
Good luck with ur future.

Would like to know if anybody is going to sell the dental decks and other material.
Also, I beleive some of you are having work experience in US and some of you do not. Does experience count a alot in getting admission.

Thanks.

P.S. Apologies if posted into a wrong thread.

Hi and Heartiest congratulations to you for getting admission in NYU . I am planning to take part 1 NBDE in early august . I would be happy if you will give me some helpful suggestions which can help to get good score in the exam .
By the way what was your NBDE and TOEFL score and GPA ?
Is the TOEFL score of 230 ( CBT ) sufficient enough to get the admission or should I need to repeat the TOEFL ?
Waiting to hear you soon. Thanking you and Congratulations once again .

count me in got an acceptance letter yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hii chocochip
Congratulations !! :thumbup:

chocochip12345 said:
count me in got an acceptance letter yesterday.

Congratulations, chocochip :thumbup: . Well done. All the best in dental school. :D

my first acceptance letter i got on saturday from nyu . i am really happy but because of some reason i want to join it next year . can any body tell what is the procedure .please reply

Whew! Finally got one acceptance letter too.

ajayaarti said:
my first acceptance letter i got on saturday from nyu . i am really happy but because of some reason i want to join it next year . can any body tell what is the procedure .please reply

Congratulations TALAL.

Talal said:

Talal said:

Congrats, Talal and Ajayaarti. Well done :thumbup:

Hi,
Congratulation TALAL,ajayaarti,chocochip12345.......
Could you tell me what day is interviewed at NYU?
Thanks! Best Wish! :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks guys for your wishes.

I believe all of us were interviewed on the 14th.

drdt said:
Hi,
Congratulation TALAL,ajayaarti,chocochip12345.......
Could you tell me what day is interviewed at NYU?
Thanks! Best Wish! :laugh: :laugh:

hi ajayaarti
why dont u contact the admissions office?they may help u out!
ajayaarti said:

A big hearty congratulation to all you lucky ones TALAL,ajayaarti,chocochip12345

Time to celebrate friends. :)

Hello friends, i got an acceptance letter from nyu today(letter dated march 23rd).My inteview was on 21st march.I am a new applicant and my stats r
NBDE 1-85,ECE-3.2,TOEFL-28 .Applied in first week of jan 2006.
MPH
Work experience as a dentist-nill
Other kinda work experience :research assistant at a univ for 1.5 yrs.
I really wana heartly thank all my friends and well wishers at sdn to help me achieve this.Good luck to those who r still waiting for interview and admissions.
Guys just think abt this,dont look what others have achieved around you.Just see what u have ,what's good for you and how u can fulfill your dreams...... everyday is a new day and every moment brings new oppertunities,so giv ur best.

damast said:
Hello friends, i got an acceptance letter from nyu today(letter dated march 23rd).My inteview was on 21st march.I am a new applicant and my stats r
MPH
I really wana heartly thank all my friends and well wishers at sdn to help me achieve this.Good luck to those who r still waiting for interview and admissions.
Guys just think abto do in your life ,what's good for you and how u can fulfill your dreams...... everyday is a new day and every moment brings new oppertunities this,dont look what others have achieved around you.Just see what u have .

Congrats, damast. Way to go. All the best in dental school :thumbup: :luck:

Hey damast, congratulations, after a long wait , you got the achievement, thats great, you deserve it.

damast said:
MPH
Guys just think abt this,dont look what others have achieved around you.Just see what u have ,what's good for you and how u can fulfill your dreams...... everyday is a new day and every moment brings new oppertunities,so giv ur best.

please accept my congradulations!join the nyu club! :laugh: :thumbup:
damast said:
MPH

thank u guys, i am ready to join the nyu club and lets rock the place...

damast said:
MPH

Congrats boss! Welcome to the club. I remember you from the last intv day of UCSF. See you at NYU orientation.

CONGRATULATIONS DAMAST. GOOD LUCK :luck:

thanks Rahmed and dentistjas.yup i rember our timepass talk criticising everything else in the world except ourselves.:)
see ya at nyu

Hi,guys,
When you don't receive an accepted letter from NYU, if do you receive an rejected letter at the same time or not? :confused: :confused: Please someone tell me.
Thanks!

drdt said:
Hi,guys,
When you don't receive an accepted letter from NYU, if do you receive an rejected letter at the same time or not? :confused: :confused: Please someone tell me.
Thanks!

Hi drdt
Just wait n be patient.I 've been waiting since more than a month

hey guys.....i know this is pretty discouraging to ask but has anyone received a rejection letter from nyu....I have been waiting for abt a month and a half to hear from them and am confused abt what that means. I mean am I rejected or am i on the waiting list??!!!

niazi said:
hey guys.....i know this is pretty discouraging to ask but has anyone received a rejection letter from nyu....I have been waiting for abt a month and a half to hear from them and am confused abt what that means. I mean am I rejected or am i on the waiting list??!!!

I am also waiting for a response from NYU.I have not got a rejection letter either.If anyone has any info please do share.

Thanks

Hello everyone. I haven't been posting here very much, but just to help all those still waiting.... I got my acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I had had my interview on March 28th. It had went just about fine. The dude was trying to pick on my brain a lot. But I managed, judging from their response. My stats are 85, gpa 3.94, toefl 283. I graduated just last year, and have had no work experience, just hell lot of volunteer experience. But umm, for all those who're about to go for their interviews, sit back and think why it is u wanna do dentistry and what it is that u like about it. be prepared with those, nothing dramtic tho. also be prepared to be pretty much your own self :p and do not, i repeat DO NOT freak out if in the middle of the interview u feel its not going all too well. Just be really calm. And smile alot. Thats all. Once you're outta the room, dont get nervous and keep thinking back about how it went. Instead think how you're gonna spend your next few days in NYC and the places to visit. hahaha.. thats what i did... got outta the interview room and... Times Square here i COME!! :D
and also, right before you go in for the interview take a quick peek at the mirror to see if everything of yours is in place... coz i made a big oops.. and my shirt was kinda untucked from the back! hahaha! im such a loser!
Anyway, good luck ya'll. and hey, whatever happens is for YOUR best! so dont lose hope!

And also, someone at the NYUCD admissions office said that you have until the end of May to wait for the Committee's response. So dont lose hope. Nothing is easy, neway. May the Force be wid ya'll.

queen naush said:
Hello everyone. I haven't been posting here very much, but just to help all those still waiting.... I got my acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I had had my interview on March 28th. It had went just about fine. The dude was trying to pick on my brain a lot. But I managed, judging from their response. My stats are 85, gpa 3.94, toefl 283. I graduated just last year, and have had no work experience, just hell lot of volunteer experience. But umm, for all those who're about to go for their interviews, sit back and think why it is u wanna do dentistry and what it is that u like about it. be prepared with those, nothing dramtic tho. also be prepared to be pretty much your own self :p and do not, i repeat DO NOT freak out if in the middle of the interview u feel its not going all too well. Just be really calm. And smile alot. Thats all. Once you're outta the room, dont get nervous and keep thinking back about how it went. Instead think how you're gonna spend your next few days in NYC and the places to visit. hahaha.. thats what i did... got outta the interview room and... Times Square here i COME!! :D
and also, right before you go in for the interview take a quick peek at the mirror to see if everything of yours is in place... coz i made a big oops.. and my shirt was kinda untucked from the back! hahaha! im such a loser!
Anyway, good luck ya'll. and hey, whatever happens is for YOUR best! so dont lose hope!

Congrats!! Waiting patiently for my turn.... :oops:

queen naush said:

Hey queen naush

Congrats :thumbup: . Well done. All the best with dental school :D

please accept my heartiest congratulations!join the nyu club! :thumbup:
queen naush said:

Congratulations Queen, still have some hope to get the interview call.

queen naush said:
.... I got my acceptance letter from NYUCD today. I had had my interview on March 28th........My stats are 85, gpa 3.94, toefl 283. I graduated just last year, and have had no work experience, just hell lot of volunteer experience.........got outta the interview room and... Times Square here i COME!! :D.....coz i made a big oops.. and my shirt was kinda untucked from the back! hahaha! im such a loser!....

Congrats! Welcome to NYUCD Class of 2009. :thumbup: For all aspiring candidates please remember queen's important interview tips. I agree with her.

rahmed

queen naush said:

congrats queen naush on your acceptance.....good post...it will be of great help to all of us,

im glad my post was of some help.
also thanx for the wishes fido, g3k, stelon, cheerup, rahmed, celestial.... am i forgettin anyone :D :p

Congratulations 'The Queen'

Thanx!
everyone is so nice here! :oops: