Waiting for dental school interview and acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesmilesurgeon

Reaction score
Waiting for dental schools to send interviews and acceptances post applications for IDP is so stressful. How to overcome this phase?

Members don't see this ad.

it is very stressful, it is my third cycle, no ivs so far but its just started but I am not going to sit back n wait for one but think for whatelse I can do for next cycle.

it is very stressful, it is my third cycle, no ivs so far but its just started but I am not going to sit back n wait for one but think for whatelse I can do for next cycle.
Totally understand your situation. I would say don't give up, keep trying!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting for dental schools to send interviews and acceptances post applications for IDP is so stressful. How to overcome this phase?
My 4th cycle, it's always stressful mentally/financially/physically. Just gotta keep trying and know that there are thousands of applicants each year. It is a big part of luck on your part to get in.

My 4th cycle, it's always stressful mentally/financially/physically. Just gotta keep trying and know that there are thousands of applicants each year. It is a big part of luck on your part to get in.
Did u try residency?

Yes, but that is even worst than the DDS competition and I don't have specialty experience.
Can you shed some light on the residency application? I'm applying this cycle, it's my 1st time. Also I'm periodontist with good clinical experience. Any tips are welcome

Can you shed some light on the residency application? I'm applying this cycle, it's my 1st time. Also I'm periodontist with good clinical experience. Any tips are welcome
It uses the PASS system (similar to CAAPID). What I hear is that your personal statement on that needs to line up with your specialty and focus on why you are centered in that area. So in your case for a periodontist, try to use experiences for your passion tied to that area.

For LORs, you will need new ones from the DDS side, and they need to have the authors address how many procedures you did and show how you are good in your field.

The only other area is to pay attention to spam if you are using Gmail. For some reason emails from the PASS side like to go spam.

Reactions: 1 user
It uses the PASS system (similar to CAAPID). What I hear is that your personal statement on that needs to line up with your specialty and focus on why you are centered in that area. So in your case for a periodontist, try to use experiences for your passion tied to that area.

For LORs, you will need new ones from the DDS side, and they need to have the authors address how many procedures you did and show how you are good in your field.

The only other area is to pay attention to spam if you are using Gmail. For some reason emails from the PASS side like to go spam.
Is it too difficult to get in without a DDS/DMD?

Is it too difficult to get in without a DDS/DMD?
u have to keep in mind that not all programs for residency accept international applicants. U have to go thru the list and hand-pick the ones u could apply to

Reactions: 1 users