NYU acceptance - class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
fido! said:
u have to wait till u get the financial award letter from the financial aid office! :thumbup:
Hi fido,
I have recieved quite a couple of mails from NYU though there is none titled financial award letter. does this come after you return your medical forms cos i haven't returned those yet.
i just don't want to miss out on the loan application progress since i am an international student.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

rubberdam said:
I had applied for citiassist global international for three years of school (40k for each year). My loan has been conditionally approved. I had applied for three years of school, but they approve only one year at a time for this loan.

hi rubberdam,
what website did you download the application form for the global international loan from. the form i have has a section that should be completed by a school official. so how did you do it? have u recieved your financial award letter from nyu yet?
thanks

may be it is on the way....
ask4me said:
Hi fido,
I have recieved quite a couple of mails from NYU though there is none titled financial award letter. does this come after you return your medical forms cos i haven't returned those yet.
i just don't want to miss out on the loan application progress since i am an international student.
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
ask4me said:
hi rubberdam,
what website did you download the application form for the global international loan from. the form i have has a section that should be completed by a school official. so how did you do it? have u recieved your financial award letter from nyu yet?
thanks

I got the form from www.nyu.edu/financial.aid. Don't bother about the section for the school, Just fax the completed form to the bank and they'll send it to the school. I have'nt received any financial award letter.

i called up the financial office today....it seems that they have mailed the award letter today....!today??? :eek: :confused: infact when i had given them a call a week ago...they told me that i'm gonna expect the award letter in 5 business days!what the hell is going on? ....who knows???
ask4me said:
Hi fido,
thanks

I have been accepted into class of 2009.Need suggestions from sdn friends as to which areas are good to look for apartments.Also,in which areas most of the students reside.

Thanks

Smile care said:
I have been accepted into class of 2009.Need suggestions from sdn friends as to which areas are good to look for apartments.Also,in which areas most of the students reside.

Thanks

Hi there, could you please tell when did u get your acceptance.
Will appreciate the response.

hey smile care,
please accept my heartiest congratulations...way to go! :thumbup:
Smile care said:

Thanks

rubberdam said:
hai rahmed
do u mean that we can borrow 40k from citiassist global loan as well as from another citiassist loan like citiassist health professional loan (with cosigner) at the same time.
hi rubberdam do u have an idea of what the total precise cost of our program for this first yr would be? i am also AP class of 2009. haven't recieved my financial award letter yet. i got a conditional pre-approval of $40k for citi global loan and what to apply the remaining costusing the health prof loan.

rubberdam said:
thanks Talal. Thats good news :D
hi are you F1 and how did you do your proof of finance?

Smile care said:

Thanks
hi smilecare
can you pls tell me ur ndb score ?
thanks
mek

ask4me said:
hi rubberdam do u have an idea of what the total precise cost of our program for this first yr would be? i am also AP class of 2009. haven't recieved my financial award letter yet. i got a conditional pre-approval of $40k for citi global loan and what to apply the remaining costusing the health prof loan.

I think the cost for the 1st year is close to 75k. You can apply for the rest of COA from citiassist health professional loan with a cosigner. Even I have'nt received any financial award letter, mmmm... but I think the financial award letter has something to do with federal loans and not private loans. Correct me if I'm wrong.

rubberdam said:
I think the cost for the 1st year is close to 75k. You can apply for the rest of COA from citiassist health professional loan with a cosigner. Even I have'nt received any financial award letter, mmmm... but I think the financial award letter has something to do with federal loans and not private loans. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Called up yesterday and was told international students don't receive any award letter!!! On questioning how may one come to know the cost of attendance the answer was vague (Call up the nyu fin aid etc). Anyway I found out from fido! that total cost of attendance for class of 2009 is $89,617. Following is a break-up of above figure:

Tuition + Fees : $49,347
Room + Board : $22,080
Books & Instr : $9,877
Personal Expen : $5,424
Transport : $972
Health Insur : $1,917

So, actual amount we must pay to school is sum of T+F + B+I + HI i.e. $61,141. Rest of the expenses are upto the individual. If one already got HI then he/she can get a HI waiver.

Let us know if you have anymore info.

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
rahmed said:
Called up yesterday and was told international students don't receive any award letter!!! On questioning how may one come to know the cost of attendance the answer was vague (Call up the nyu fin aid etc). Anyway I found out from fido! that total cost of attendance for class of 2009 is $89,617. Following is a break-up of above figure:

So, actual amount we must pay to school is sum of T+F + B+I + HI i.e. $61,141. Rest of the expenses are upto the individual. If one already got HI then he/she can get a HI waiver.

rahmed

Thanks Rahmed !!Its very informative and cleared my doubt...

rahmed said:

rahmed

Hi Rahmed, Your info was very helpful. Do you mean that the fee of 89,173 is for the first year of attendence. I'm asking this because in the package we received, we were asked to add an additional 5% to the previous batches first year fee, and that came to around 75k.

yes!thatz correct..the cost of attendance for the first year of attendance for advanced standing program,2009 is $89,617!
rubberdam said:
Hi Rahmed, Your info was very helpful. Do you mean that the fee of 89,173 is for the first year of attendence. I'm asking this because in the package we received, we were asked to add an additional 5% to the previous batches first year fee, and that came to around 75k.

I was told by the financial aid that the cost for 2006-2007 will be 56,407 which includes the tuition, Instruments and registration. will somebody again confirm?

Do any of you guys know what are the specifications on the computer we need to purchase ?

And how much does that cost at the NYU computer store ?

Any kind of information will be appreciated.

Also please accept my heartiest congratulations to people who have scored admission at NYU..

Fastball_nj

Dentalmaniac said:
I was told by the financial aid that the cost for 2006-2007 will be 56,407 which includes the tuition, Instruments and registration. will somebody again confirm?

I received a communication from NYU Fin Aid confirming the figures I posted earlier. For everyone concerned abovementioned cost of attendance and break-ups under each heading stand correct.

rahmed

rubberdam said:

$89,617 is the correct figure for class of 2009 (i.e. this year)

rahmed

I finally got my finacial aid award letter in the mail today but still haven't received the letter from hesc to finalize the loan...anyone else still waiting for that or am I the last one left?
khurram

Hi All,
My loan has been conditionally approved and I dont know what should I do next?The bank has to get the amt certified by college.Will the bank and college decide when the amt will be disimbursed?
Thanks,
SYk.

just wait and watch...u need to do nothing...college will decide on the dates of the disbursements..!once ur loan gets approved,u r gonna get a letter providing the dates of the disbursement from the bank!
syk said:
Hi All,
My loan has been conditionally approved and I dont know what should I do next?The bank has to get the amt certified by college.Will the bank and college decide when the amt will be disimbursed?
Thanks,
SYk.

Thanks Fido.

congratulations to everyone who got into nyu.
i have a question for you people.. am starting the process of applying.
my states are

NDBE part 1 ... 89
GPA.. 2.29
toefl ... will be taking this week
experience of 6 months as a lecturer (in my home country)
6 months in a private clinic (home country)
6 months of advanced education in general dentistry (certificate) (USA)

now as u can see my GPA is way too low.
U people would have the best idea as for what all they might look for and what my chances might be for nyu. should i accept that i prolly have no chance?

anyone with my kinda score/gpa combination got into nyu?? am really tensed like hell cause of this and would really appreciate ur opinion.
thanx

congrats to all those accepted
does any body have an idea of how many days orientation will last?

Desi-Dentist said:
Just wanted to let you know that I received my acceptance today from NYU via UPS. Cannot even describe how happy I am. After two years of applications, exams, interviews, stress, and long waits, I can finally say I have gained admission. Thanks to all the members of the forum who have guided me and aided me throughout this process.
hi
congrats.....
may i know ur score.
did u give part 2 also?

rubberdam said:
congrats to all those accepted
does any body have an idea of how many days orientation will last?

General orientation is monday and tuesday, the summer immersion review program starts on wednesday and runs thru august 31st...good thing too, I havent' touched a handpiece in more than two years :D

Desi-Dentist said:
Just wanted to let you know that I received my acceptance today from NYU via UPS. Cannot even describe how happy I am. After two years of applications, exams, interviews, stress, and long waits, I can finally say I have gained admission. Thanks to all the members of the forum who have guided me and aided me throughout this process.

hi desi dentist
congrats on ur acceptance!!!!
can u plz help me with my stats
NDB- 94
GPA- 4.0
TOEFL- result awaited
NO WORK EXP IN US/INDIA- now that's my problem (grad this july)
do u think i stand a chance esp in the west coast schools??? coz am really out of practice...
any kinda of input wud b appreciated

Hey guys;
does anyone have any idea about the orientation for Advanced Placement? what should I expect? I really dont have any idea about this program. where can I get information about it? in the information packet that i received from NYU, i didnt find any detailed information about the orientation day and this program ...!!!

I finally got my finacial aid award letter in the mail today but still haven't received the letter from hesc to finalize the loan...anyone else still waiting for that or am I the last one left?
khurram
I'm still waiting for the award letter... What is the letter from hesc:confused:...Why you need that for? I think i miss something...

I'm still waiting for the award letter... What is the letter from hesc:confused:...Why you need that for? I think i miss something...
hey u r in wrong forum..everyone is waiting for award letter.khuram was talking abt class 2009. we r in class 2011.look when he posted it.......2006.u r in wrong forum..its class of 2009

hi .i am dentist from india, planin to write nbde1 on cumin sept.please tel me how to prepare for the exam...any deadline for 2009admission...

[could u pls tell me ur toefl score and pls tell me how to get in for research assistant it would be of great help thank u

[where can u go for the advance education general dentistry pgm pls help thank u
dentalpal

Hello friends, i got an acceptance letter from nyu today(letter dated march 23rd).My inteview was on 21st march.I am a new applicant and my stats r
NBDE 1-85,ECE-3.2,TOEFL-28 .Applied in first week of jan 2006.
MPH
Work experience as a dentist-nill
Other kinda work experience :research assistant at a univ for 1.5 yrs.
I really wana heartly thank all my friends and well wishers at sdn to help me achieve this.Good luck to those who r still waiting for interview and admissions.
Guys just think abt this,dont look what others have achieved around you.Just see what u have ,what's good for you and how u can fulfill your dreams...... everyday is a new day and every moment brings new oppertunities,so giv ur best.

hi damast

could u please tell me ur toefl score cos i also have the same scores for the other 2 and also where did u do ur research assistant
thanks