NYU acceptance - class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fastball_nj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an acceptance from NYU today so I am starting the thread.Please post your acceptance as and when u get it in the format

Accepted - Yes

Stats - NDB/TOFEL/GPA

My stats are as follows

Stats - 95/269/3.4

Members don't see this ad.

Accepeted-Yes
NDB-90
GPA-3.75
TOEFL-300

Accepted today.

NBD: 88
GPA: 3.5
Toefl: 270

Members don't see this ad :)
Felcidades Norikiri. :thumbup:

Muchisimas gracias!!!!

congratulations.....
fastball_nj said:
I got an acceptance from NYU today so I am starting the thread.Please post your acceptance as and when u get it in the format

Accepted - Yes

Stats - NDB/TOFEL/GPA

My stats are as follows

Stats - 95/269/3.4

Congratulations nokiri!!! Great job! All of the nyu acceptances should get to know each other a bit so we dont have to walk into a group of strangers in august!

thank you very much fido and khurram!!!!

Accepted yesterday (snail mail).
NBDE Part I/II 86/83
TOEFL 270
GPA 3.79 (ECE)

i got accepted in nyu. my stats 89/3.08/253

i am a reapplicant.

i was not called for an interview last year. i had 84 last year.

i improved my score and reactivated again this year and was called for an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you, fastball_nj, norikiri, and dec17. Way to go :thumbup: All the best in dental school.

thatz gr8!good to know the nyu list is moving....!all the best guyz who r still waiting....including me.....!!1 :laugh:
dec17 said:
i was not called for an interview last year. i had 84 last year.

i improved my score and reactivated again this year and was called for an interview.

Just wanted to let you know that I received my acceptance today from NYU via UPS. Cannot even describe how happy I am. After two years of applications, exams, interviews, stress, and long waits, I can finally say I have gained admission. Thanks to all the members of the forum who have guided me and aided me throughout this process.

Desi-Dentist said:
Just wanted to let you know that I received my acceptance today from NYU via UPS. Cannot even describe how happy I am. After two years of applications, exams, interviews, stress, and long waits, I can finally say I have gained admission. Thanks to all the members of the forum who have guided me and aided me throughout this process.

congratulations Desi- Dentist, you deserve it.

Desi-Dentist said:
Hi Desi Dentist
My heartiest congratulations to u
Rossu

Thank you for the wishes. I have received a few pms about my stats. Please see the acceptance thread for the details.

I am getting loads of PMs so I will try answering some questions here before my mailbox is full. I was interviewed on the 23rd of Feb and I received my acceptance today via UPS. Canadian residents like myself are couriered the results and American residents are sent the results by regular mail. Please see the NYU interview thread for details about my interview experience.

Desi-Dentist said:
I am getting loads of PMs so I will try answering some questions here before my mailbox is full. I was interviewed on the 23rd of Feb and I received my acceptance today via UPS. Canadian residents like myself are couriered the results and American residents are sent the results by regular mail. Please see the NYU interview thread for details about my interview experience.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! You must be very happy I have only one question for you: where it is the champagne???????? (in my country you don`t have chance if you don`t 'wet' the success . )

Desi-Dentist said:

Congrats! Welcome to NYUCD Class of 2009 :thumbup: . Achievements are always sweeter when they come after a hard struggle. For the moment enjoy the fruit of success!

C U in August

rahmed

Desi-Dentist said:
jojo here.
Hey DesiDentist, congrats dude for your NYU acceptance. you deserve it and I wish you good luck !!!!!!!! :thumbup:
All the best. :D
jojo out

Desi-Dentist said:

Hey Desi-dentist
Congrats on ur sweet success and u finally made it after all the long process in each school. Iam really happy for u..
Good luk with ur career and may godbless u...

Congrats Desi-Dentist!!!! Great job...see you in august!
khurram

Desi-Dentist said:

Hey Desi_Dentist

My sincere congratulations to you :thumbup: I'm very happy for you indeed. All the best in dental school :D

Thank you for the wishes everyone. I look forward to seeing many of you in August. We should start sharing some info for accepted students. For example, does anyone know what medical information they require, hepatitis shots, rubella, etc? For a student visa, how much should we show in accessible funds to the US embassy?

Desi-Dentist said:
Congratulations to your acceptance in NYU.Great job.
Good luck for dental school.
Thanks.

First and foremost, congratulations to all of you who got aceepted at NYU!!!! I have a question. When are you guys going to buy the required notebook?? cause, they say that we have to bring the notebook for the orientation. and I don't know which one to buy. any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance. :)

Print out the minimum tech requirements from their site and take it to any computer shop. I would suggest you check out Best buy and Circuit City websites too. There are many computers that fit the minimum requirements. You will just need to add Microsoft Office 2003. They (NYU) will give you virus protection software. Here is the list for the tech. requirements:

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/compreq.html

They have a computer store on campus too and you can check out their site as well, but I found them a bit overpriced. Compare and see what you think.

norikiri said:
First and foremost, congratulations to all of you who got aceepted at NYU!!!! I have a question. When are you guys going to buy the required notebook?? cause, they say that we have to bring the notebook for the orientation. and I don't know which one to buy. any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance. :)

Got the big one today- NYU acceptance finally. Big Relief.
Thank you everyone at SDN. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats Snowpeaks!! See you in August.

snowpeaks said:

snowpeaks said:

Congratulations, snowpeaks. Well to go!!!! :thumbup:

Hi,
Congratulations to all who got thru & accepted at NYU.Just curious,which yr did u guys take the exam,if 2006,how come u all are joining the class of 2009?I had a thought that if the exam was taken a certain yr,the admission wud be either for the next yr or following yr[of couse if u get a high score too!].I may be wrong,but hope somebody explains this to me.
Thanks a lot

save_a_smile said:
Hi,
Congratulations to all who got thru & accepted at NYU.Just curious,which yr did u guys take the exam,if 2006,how come u all are joining the class of 2009?I had a thought that if the exam was taken a certain yr,the admission wud be either for the next yr or following yr[of couse if u get a high score too!].I may be wrong,but hope somebody explains this to me.
Thanks a lot

its the year of graduation and not the year of matriculation....students joining NYU this year will graduate in 2009 and hence they constitute the class of 2009...hope it helps.

Hey guys, What do we do now that we have been accepted?? When do we apply for the loans? When do we get the I-20 form? What about on-campus housing? Does anyone have concrete info. regarding these Qs?
Do you have to go back to your home country for the student visa or can it be easily done here?
Please let me know. Thanks.

Desi-Dentist said:
Congrats Snowpeaks!! See you in August.
Thank you desi-dentist & cheer up. hope to see you guys soon.

Once you send in your $1000 deposit, NYU will send you the ASCOE form to fill out. Once you return the form, they will send you the I-20 in 2-3 weeks. The info on this form is reported on your I-20 and you will be required to present financials. Once you receive your I-20, you will need to present this and some other applications to the embassy.

Since I am a Canadian resident, I know everything that is required for here, but I am not sure if it is the same or different for US residents. You do not have to go back to your home country to apply. The most important aspect of your application is financial support/loans for your education.

They do not have on-campus housing for married couples. You can go through their website for on-campus housing if you are single, or if you will be living separately from your spouse. I would recommend off-campus housing. There are many apartments nearby.

snowpeaks said:
Hey guys, What do we do now that we have been accepted?? When do we apply for the loans? When do we get the I-20 form? What about on-campus housing? Does anyone have concrete info. regarding these Qs?
Do you have to go back to your home country for the student visa or can it be easily done here?
Please let me know. Thanks.

I got acceptance letter from nyu today, 6th march by regular mail. I were interviewed on 23rd February, Thursday.
Khus.

Congrats Khus!!!

So far from our batch, that is 3 results, 3 acceptances :D

KHUS said:
I got acceptance letter from nyu today, 6th march by regular mail. I were interviewed on 23rd February, Thursday.
Khus.

Congratulations and good luck to all you lucky ones
fastball_nj
khurram
norikiri
rahmed
dec17
desidentist
snowpeaks
khus
Way to go :)

congratulations desi-dentist,snow peaks and khus

desi-desidentist could u please let me know how many were interviewed
u mean only 3 were interviewed that day or were there more people
how many received acceptance till now
ur help would be appreciated

prvn

o
Desi-Dentist said:
Congrats Khus!!!

So far from our batch, that is 3 results, 3 acceptances :D

10 were interviewed. So far, 3 people have received a positive response. Most members of our batch should know by this week. You can read about our interview experience in the NYU interview thread.

prvn said:
congratulations desi-dentist,snow peaks and khus

desi-desidentist could u please let me know how many were interviewed
u mean only 3 were interviewed that day or were there more people
how many received acceptance till now
ur help would be appreciated

prvn

o

KHUS said:
Khus.

Congratulations Khus,
welcome to the club!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Desi-Dentist said:
Once you send in your $1000 deposit, NYU will send you the ASCOE form to fill out. Once you return the form, they will send you the I-20 in 2-3 weeks. The info on this form is reported on your I-20 and you will be required to present financials. Once you receive your I-20, you will need to present this and some other applications to the embassy.

Since I am a Canadian resident, I know everything that is required for here, but I am not sure if it is the same or different for US residents. You do not have to go back to your home country to apply. The most important aspect of your application is financial support/loans for your education.

They do not have on-campus housing for married couples. You can go through their website for on-campus housing if you are single, or if you will be living separately from your spouse. I would recommend off-campus housing. There are many apartments nearby.

Hey Desi-D,
Thanks a bunch. What about loans though? Are you applying for one? According to my info. its better to get the student visa in your home country(India in mycase) as you need to have a "prospective student" stamp on your visa to get it changed here.

Thanks again.

thanks desi dentist

what were the scores of other person accepted other than u and khus
what was the average score during your interview

prvn
Desi-Dentist said:
10 were interviewed. So far, 3 people have received a positive response. Most members of our batch should know by this week. You can read about our interview experience in the NYU interview thread.

:thumbup:
KHUS said:
Khus.
:clap: :clap: :clap: congrats KHUS for your acceptance and all the best dude for the bottom of my heart.
jojo out :thumbup: :thumbup:

The scores ranged from the low 80s to low 90s. The other person accepted had a score of 85/86 from what I remember. I believe most students had GPAs above 3.0. The average score would be about 86-87.

prvn said:
thanks desi dentist

what were the scores of other person accepted other than u and khus
what was the average score during your interview

prvn